User talk:Aschroet/Archive 8
Wikidata weekly summary #316
Wikidata weekly summary #317
Ikraus bus in Meiningen 1
Karl Theodor Liebe
Danke für deine Fotos von der (mir bisher unbekannten) Karl-Theodor-Liebe-Büste in Moderwitz! Du weißt aber sonst nichts Näheres über diese Büste? Den Bildern nach zu urteilen scheint sie ja noch recht neuen Datums zu sein. Wenn sich herausfinden ließe, wann und von wem sie aufgestellt wurde, könnte man das im WP-Artikel über Karl Theodor Liebe ergänzen. --slg (talk) 11:39, 24 June 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Steffen, eine Frau in Moderwitz erzählte mir, dass sie zufällig an diese Büste herangekommen sind und diese dann spontan auf dem Dorfplatz aufgestellt haben. Leider habe ich erst danach gelesen, dass auch das Geburtshaus von Liebe mit einer Tafel im Ort zu finden sein soll. Eventuell ist es das hier file:Moderwitz, Thuringia 06.jpg - auch wenn da keine Tafel zu sehen ist. Vielleicht komme ich in Moderwitz ja nochmal vorbei. Sind ja noch ein paar Ort offen in der Gegend. Gruß, --Arnd (talk) 12:15, 24 June 2018 (UTC)
Wikidata weekly summary #318
Structured Data on Commons IRC Office Hour, Tuesday 26 June
There will be an IRC office hour for Structured Data on Tuesday, 26 June from 18:00-19:00 UTC in #wikimedia-office. You can find more details, as well as date and time conversion, at the IRC Office Hours page on Meta.
Daily gallery updater has failed on User:Aschroet/Uploads/Thuringia
Hello. This message is to inform you that a daily gallery in your userspace, User:Aschroet/Uploads/Thuringia, has failed. Due to software limitations, the bot has a hard upper-limit of about 6000 files per day (including overflow galleries), while your gallery had 22190 files.
This usually happens because a gallery is too broad, encompassing too many subcategories. Please review the logs here and request that a subcategory be excluded, or narrow your category choice(s).
Please make your request for removal within 4 days, or your gallery will be subject to removal.
What properties does Commons need?
Structured Commons will need properties to make statements about files. The development team is working on making the software ready to support properties; the question is, what properties does Commons need?
You can find more information and examples to help find properties in a workshop on Commons. Please participate and help fill in the list, and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 18:53, 28 June 2018 (UTC)
Wikidata weekly summary #319
Hello Aschroet, thanks for your maintenance here, unfortunately it seems you are a part of the reason (the beginning of demotivation) why Commons protected edit requests is raised over 100 (before your intervention it was 5-10). Can you give me your script so I can fulfill your requests? -- User: Perhelion 07:40, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
- Hi User: Perhelion, my edits are often semi-automated or even manual. So i cannot provide a script. Just take the category as a game inbetween serious work ;-) Or just ignore the growing. I myself watch many maintenance categories which grow sometimes by 100 per day. --Arnd (talk) 07:58, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
Structured Data on Commons Newsletter - Summer 2018
Welcome to the newsletter for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons! You can update your subscription to the newsletter and contribute to the next issue. Do inform others who you think will want to be involved in the project!
- Community updates
- Our dedicated IRC channel: wikimedia-commons-sd webchat
- Since our last newsletter, the Structured Data team has moved into designing and building prototypes for various features. The use of multilingual captions in the UploadWizard and on the file page has been researched, designed, discussed, and built out for use. Behind the scenes, back-end work on search is taking place and designs are being drawn up for the front-end. There will soon be specifications published for the use of the first Wikidata property on Commons, "Depicts," and a prototype is to be released to go along with that.
- A workshop on what Wikidata properties Commons will need. This workshop will be open for the entire month of July 2018 at minimum.
- Join the community focus group!
- Do you want to help out translating messages about Structured Data on Commons from English to your own language? Sign up on the translators page.
- Contribute to the next newsletter.
- Discussions held
- In late February there was a discussion around how Commons generally sees data being modeled.
- The first discussion on copyright and licensing with Commons was held in March. This was a "high level" discussion, there will be a consultation later this summer about the deeper mapping of copyright and licensing in a structured way.
- In April there was an exercise for GLAM partners in metadata and ontology mapping.
- A discussion about the design for Multilingual Captions on the file page took place in May. You can still review the designs and leave feedback.
- There was an IRC office hour in June to discuss progress so far and future plans.
- Wikimania 2018
- Three sessions about Structured Commons are officially scheduled for Wikimania 2018 - Cape Town, South Africa - July 2018.
- Wikimedia Commons and GLAM needs around the world (Friday 20 July, 10:30 local time)
- Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons and knowledge equity (Friday 20 July, 14:00 local time)
- Design challenge workshop: How can multilingual structured metadata bring knowledge equity to Commons? (Friday 20 July, 14:30 local time)
- Structured Data on Commons is also a focus area during the Wikimania 2018 Hackathon. We will, among other things, do 'live' modelling of Wikidata properties for Commons - an offline spin-off of the community consultation taking place on wiki.
- Partners and allies
- We are still welcoming (more) staff from GLAMs (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums) to become part of our long-term focus group (phabricator task T174134). You will be kept in the loop of the project, and receive regular small surveys and requests for feedback. Get in touch with Sandra if you're interested - your input in helping to shape this project is highly valued!
- Structured Data on Commons was presented to GLAM audiences during EuropeanaTech 2018 in Rotterdam (15 May 2018) and at the Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek Forum in Berlin (4 June 2018).
Two research projects about Wikimedia Commons are currently ongoing, or in the process of being finished:
- Research:Curation workflows on Wikimedia Commons—a project that seeks to understand the current workflows of Commons contributors who curate media (categorize it, delete it, link to it from other projects, etc.).
- Research:Technical needs of external re-users of Commons media—soliciting feedback from individuals and organizations that re-use Commons content outside of Wikimedia projects, in order to understand their current painpoints and unmet needs.
- Prototypes will be available for Depicts soon.
- Stay up to date!
- Follow the Structured Data on Commons project on Phabricator: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/profile/34/
- Subscribe to this newsletter to receive it on a talk page of your own choice.
- Join the next IRC office hour and ask questions to the team! The date for next quarter will be announced soon.
Message sent by MediaWiki message delivery - 21:07, 6 July 2018 (UTC)