lookang 20 June 2010 u could download the source codes as the server at NTNU virtual lab is back up again since monday :) Ejs open source Vernier calipers java applet with objects, help & 0-error logic http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/index.php?topic=684.0 Ejs open source Micrometer java applet with objects, help & zero error logic http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/index.php?topic=683.0 the applets are license under Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Taiwan License Fu-Kwun HWANG & Loo Kang WEE as authors, do post a link back to http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/index.php under the relevant topics to share your success of hosting it.
Hey Audriusa, thank you for the very interesting dry stone photos. Great work! --Überraschungsbilder 00:36, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
Hi, I have fixed your deletion request for the lottery letters, if you want to add anything, please do so at Commons:Deletion requests/Image:LoteryFraud2.jpg. Thank you. Deadstar 11:53, 11 June 2007 (UTC)
Hello, and thank your for sharing your files with Commons. There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. Please remember that all uploads require source, author and license information. Could you please resolve these problems, which are described on the page linked in above? Thank you. --Siebrand 18:20, 17 June 2007 (UTC)
Hi! By using the sxc image, your created a so-called derivative work. This means that not only you are the copyright holder, but also the authors from the source images. And as those images are not clearly under a free license, they have been deleted: see Template:Sxc-warning. If you want the image for personal use, I can temporarily undelete it for you. But unfortunately we cannot get the image back on Commons. -- Bryan (talk to me) 20:46, 5 July 2007 (UTC)
Hello, and thank your for sharing your files with Commons. There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. Please remember that all uploads require source, author and license information. Could you please resolve these problems, which are described on the page linked in above? Thank you. Siebrand 12:23, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
This message was placed by an automated process. Please go to Commons:Help desk if you need help.
- Fixed, it is GFDL. Audriusa 12:29, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
|Image deletion warning||Image:LASIODORA PARAHYBANA3.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. If the file is up for deletion because it has been superseded by a superior derivative of your work, consider the notion that although the file may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new file.
Unknown swallowtail identificationEdit
Hallo. the butterfly  looks very much like Papilio demodocus, but any information as to the location where the photo was taken would be extremely helpful in identification! Cheers, Kaarel 13:02, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- Easy to say.. this picture was taken in Swiss papiliorama, so the context is likely not informative. Audriusa 13:48, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful informations about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
Image of rail sleeper connectorEdit
Hello - I just wanted to bring it to your attention that the image
is not a pandrol type spring - this is probably a Vossloh  type spring. If you can change the description that may be hepful to others in the future.
However thank you for supplying this image, which I appreciate.
Thank you for you time. (anon user). (Happy New Year!)
Fixed SVG problemEdit
I've fixe one of your Files with SVG prolbems (File:Schmitt with transistors.svg). If there is more to do, post a list on my talk page.
plumber key imageEdit
hi where did you find this tool? I've never seen one like this before. What country are you located?
- I do not remember the image, it was likely uploaded lots of time ago. If you do need more details, please put a link. I am based in Switzerland.
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 07:41, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Classpath bugs.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Phytochrome.png was uncategorized on 10 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:39, 11 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:LayingWorkerBee.jpg was uncategorized on 13 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:57, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:SundialLt.jpg was uncategorized on 13 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:57, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
- It was so... This may help to understand the roots of the vandalism. It appears that the general level of the culture does not always prevents against it. The incident happened next morning after switching from winter into summer time, maybe it was kind of protest. Audriusa (talk) 14:55, 25 April 2010 (UTC)
- Switzerland or Luxemburg... In fact, I can't understand your way of talking. We need to sort photos to more specific categories, but you're saing such speech.
- Also, if you say it, explain please, why people should be standartisied? From my birth till 5 years old I've lived in USSR, where everyone was standartisied by USSR laws. Result? People hated to work, they drunk alcohol at work and this tradition saved till nowadays after USSR fail.
- But vandals have no nationality, if you mean this. It is true fact. Ask ane policeman, prosecutor or judge and they will say you the same words.
- Adding to words being said from my side, I'll show you living conditions of some people in EU country, which names itself "Developed European country":
I think that in your video File:Steam_engine_operating.ogv, we see the engine of the steamship "Gallia" on Lake Lucerne, right? (Would like to categorize appropriately and I'm 99% sure, but would be nice if you could confirm this...) Gestumblindi (talk) 21:31, 13 July 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Audriusa; thanks for your answer on my talk page! You say it's the engine of the Stadt Rapperswil on Zürichsee - are you really sure? I know, it's strange to ask again, as you certainly know where you took the video, but it looks so much more like the engine of the Gallia to me... Commons doesn't have images of the Gallia's engine yet (hopefully I will be able to contribute some soon), but there are many of the Stadt Rapperswil in Category:Ship engine of Dampfschiff Stadt Rapperswil, and in my opinion, the engine looks similar, but not identical. There is an image of the Gallias' engine at http://www.dampfschiff.ch/dynamic/bildgalerie.asp?s (fourth row, third picture) taken from the same perspective as your video, and it absolutely seems to be this engine to me. If you compare e.g. File:Dampfschiff Stadt Rapperswil - Schiffsmotor 2011-06-25 17-57-32.JPG, which is the Stadt Rapperswil: E.g. the red "disc" to the left isn't there on Stadt Rapperswil etc. ... Gestumblindi (talk) 11:24, 10 August 2011 (UTC)