User talk:Cathy Richards
Your categorys in G0y movement symbolsEdit
Здравствуйте! Извините, что пишу по-русски, но я не хочу коверкать английский. Вы добавляете флаг г0ев в категорию ЛГБТ-символики. Обязан вам сообщить о том, что г0и принципиально не причисляют себя к ЛГБТ-движению и держатся особняком о их культуры. Подробности смотрите здесь. --Павло Гетманцев (talk) 04:55, 3 June 2016 (UTC)
LGBT vs. genderEdit
Hi, Cathy. I have undone changes you made to put LGBT categories into "by gender" categories. LGBT includes some gender aspects, but much of it is sexual orientation, not gender. Gender is whether a person is male, female, intersex, etc. The L, G, and B parts of LGBT are sexual orientation, which is who a person is attracted to, not what gender they are. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks. --Auntof6 (talk) 18:18, 9 August 2016 (UTC)
Please stop removing Category:Writers from the Netherlands with people in the categories Male writers from the NL and Female writers etc. There are >500 names and >450 photographs in the Category Writers from the Netherlands, and most of them have NOT been categorized as Male or Female. While I think the distinction is useful, I think it mainly useful as an EXTRA category, not as a separate one. Do you have any arguments for your action? Vysotsky (talk) 21:20, 23 August 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for your answer on my talkpage. If you talk about Commons:Overcategorization, do you mean to say that you will also empty categories like Category:Writers from France by name and Category:Writers from Russia by name? If not, would you please change Category:Writers from the Netherlands into Category:Writers from the Netherlands by name instead of removing the categories? If you do intend to go on, do you understand that you make it very difficult finding writers from the Netherlands via categories in the situation you are creating? And if you go on, will you consider softening your actions by actively helping to recategorize the remaining 950 categories and files under Writers from the NL into Male / Female? If not, your actions don't exactly improve the categorization. Vysotsky (talk) 21:38, 23 August 2016 (UTC)
hi can you put video of man on topEdit
As has been discussed extensively on the archives of en:Talk:Triple Goddess (Neopaganism), Wiccans did not originate the concept of the triple goddess, and they aren't the only ones who revere a triple goddess, and the triple goddess was not part of core (Gardnerian) Wicca. The tendency to assimilate everything Triple Goddess to be part of Wicca can be annoying... AnonMoos (talk) 00:39, 19 September 2016 (UTC)
Categorizing intersex people by gender or statusEdit
Please don't edit war on this, particularly without explaining your decisions. Listing intersex people under "gender" misgenders many of the subjects. The pages en:Intersex and en:List of intersex people are clear about this. Trankuility (talk) 18:48, 23 October 2016 (UTC)
Can you correct?Edit
I see your name in this crono and I have decided to contact you because the correct name of this page is Aída Yéspica (see her page on En.wiki for example), not Aída Yespica: can you correct the title of that page and delete the uncorrect title after the correction? Many thanks for your attention.--126.96.36.199 19:15, 29 October 2016 (UTC)
- Many thanks for your edit with the correct name, but there is a problem: in various wiki there is "In other projects Wikimedia Commons" (see in the left column) with the uncorrect name. I have corrected the name in the English Wikipedia and also in other Wikipedia, but in the left column "In other projects Wikimedia Commons" the name remained uncorrect. Can you help me? I can not understand what should I do. Many thanks for your attention.--188.8.131.52 13:19, 1 November 2016 (UTC)
- I just got a idea: maybe the way to solve the above problem was simply this edit in the section "Commons category" at the center of the "Statements" column (note that your edit was only for the section "Other sites" at the end of the page). What do you think about it? I presume that in this way the problem now is resolved. Many thanks for your attention. Sorry for my not good english language.--184.108.40.206 13:32, 1 November 2016 (UTC)
Hi there. Question: I thought about adding Category:Men with beards to File:Yalovalı Müslüman Genc.png but then it seemed to me like a picture taken from the internet, am I right? --E4024 (talk) 09:03, 25 November 2016 (UTC)
I seen you've edited a number of my edits here. I've engaged with AnonMoos on his (I presume he's a he) talk page: User talk:AnonMoos#User talk:220.127.116.11.
I solicit your wisdom on the issues I've raised there.
(It's going to be about images of nude women and have references to s-e-x, so you might want to put on your protective gear. :-)
18.104.22.168 02:58, 9 January 2017 (UTC)
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia surveyEdit
(Sorry to write in Engilsh)