More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Curciusa Bassa Wildwest.jpg was uncategorized on 29 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Curciusa Bassa.jpg was uncategorized on 29 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Bocchetta di Curciusa.jpg was uncategorized on 29 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Curciusa Alta.jpg was uncategorized on 29 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Curciusa Alpe di Rog.jpg was uncategorized on 29 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Curciusa Talabschluss.jpg was uncategorized on 29 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Swiss Ski Resort Crap Sogn Gion.jpg was uncategorized on 10 December 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:43, 11 December 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Benutzter Caumasee mit Fahne.jpg was uncategorized on 20 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 21 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Eingang Kathedrale.jpg was uncategorized on 8 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 9 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Stein 066.jpg was uncategorized on 8 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 9 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Oberer und unterer Boden Bargis.jpg was uncategorized on 8 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 9 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Wächter Bargistal.jpg was uncategorized on 8 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 9 November 2011 (UTC)
- thank you for reminding me. it was in a hurry, the article in German is written but not published, and category forgotten but also kind of useless if not existing. I will have to find out about creating new categories because it seems to go to the wrong place sometimes - I dont't understand the structure yet.Caumasee (talk) 11:13, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
Please create a gallery if you would like just one file of each. Categories are not suitable for this. Thus please don't remove files from categories for this reason .
BTW, I like your additions to Category:Caumasee. at 21:44, 2 August 2010 (UTC)
- Ich habe diesen Hinweis hier erst jetzt gesehen. Schau bitte mal im Forum vorbei. Dort habe ich das Entkategorisieren zur Debatte gestellt. --Leyo 12:16, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
Your recent uploads: CategorisationEdit
Hi Caumasee, please do not categorize your uploads (an example of your recent activity):
- Category:Mountains of Switzerland +
- Category:Lakes of Switzerland +
- Category:Lakes in the canton of Graubünden
Please save time and capacity on commons by categorizing:
- Category:Lakes in the canton of Graubünden (and for example Category:Mountains in the canton of Graubünden)
Please use as far as possible the category of the regarding city/town/village or district (if there's no category), or, a localized better 'fitting' i.e. the 'most fitting"' category(ies), and, do not add - in addition - the categories of the city, state and country, too.
For further information on categories please read Commons:Categories referring to an accurate categorisation, simplifying your further uploads and categorisation in general. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them at the commons:help desk.
Thank you for your assistance, Roland 01:29, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 12:58, 20 August 2011 (UTC)
||File:Fellers Crap.JPG has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
- Hallo Caumasee. Hast du dieses alte Werbeplakat selbst abfotografiert? Falls ja, wo genau? Ev. kann Panoramafreiheit zur Anwendung gebracht werden. --Leyo 21:42, 21 August 2011 (UTC)
Das war in einem Hotel, deshalb ging ich auch von dieser Panoramafreiheit aus. Es hängt allerdings nicht mehr... haben wir dann einfach Pech? Es ist einfach das Einzige Ding, auf welchem ich das alte "Fellers" für Falera gesehen habe. Kann ich auch nur den Ausschnitt mit der Schrift brauchen - aber dann macht es auch fast keinen Sinn. Es geht ja auch um das schöne alte Logo vom Crap Sogn Gion. Das gabs ja dann auch noch dreiteilig mit Crap und Vorab. Davon gibt es aber noch Abziehbilder, die könnte ich ja auch aufnehemen, da weiss ich welche. Caumasee (talk) 18:59, 23 August 2011 (UTC)
File tagging File:Caumasee Sprung.jpgEdit
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Caumasee Sprung.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
- File:Detail handkolorierter Sprung.JPG
- File:Jules 007z.jpg
- File:Jules Geiger ca1977.jpg
- File:Jules Geiger unknown.jpg
- File:Oelbild Sprungk.jpg
- File:Sprung handkoloriert original.jpg
Artist died in 1987, therefore permission of his heirs is needed.[] . To upload a pic makes no own work. Yours sincerely AtelierMonpli (talk) 21:50, 4 October 2012 (UTC)