Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content).
You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold when contributing and assume good faith when interacting with others. This is a wiki.
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
File:Santo_Stefano_Protomartire.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
High Speed Railroad Map EuropeEdit
Non ho nessun problema a modificare la mappa vettoriale, però la dicitura specifica che si tratta della versione aggiornata al 2011 (c'era già anche allora?). Qui trovi la mappa aggiornata al 2013.--Carnby (talk) 10:16, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
- Appena ho un po' di tempo guardo che posso fare, in ogni caso mi pare che la linea sia segnalata come in costruzione nella cartina e questo non sia, in linea di principio, sbagliato.--Carnby (talk) 06:50, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
- La mappa "aggiornata al 2013" è stata vandalizzata e sono spariti anche gli utilissimi livelli del file SVG. L'utente che ha tolto la Torino-Lione è stato PanchoS che ha scritto nella modifica "Removed planned TGV lines that have been deferred beyond 2030". Insomma va sistemata recuperando le ultime modifiche inserendole manualmente in una versione precedente. Ci vuole tempo, appena posso la aggiorno. Ciao e grazie per la segnalazione.--Carnby (talk) 17:03, 4 October 2013 (UTC)