Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 10:45, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Dapete portrait February 2008.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Hommingberger Gepardenforelle Suchergebnisse.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Siphon Schema.svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:New fema logo.gif was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Adon Olam.jpg was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:01, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
File tagging File:Whitehouse north.jpgEdit
|This media may be deleted.|
Thanks for uploading File:Whitehouse north.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself.