|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Hello Lokomotiv, how we have seen, the district Neunkirchen (short NK) in the south of Wiener Neustadt (WN) in Lower Austria is missing. My question is, if it possible to correct this. Many thanks in advance K@rl (talk) 20:12, 11 February 2010 (UTC) de:User:Karl Gruber
Template:Arrondissements of ParisEdit
Hey Lokomotiv! I added "langswitch to Template:Arrondissements of Paris so the text displays differently depending on the language.
Hey Lokomotiv! If you want more to do, I added Langswitch to:
- Thank you :) WhisperToMe (talk) 18:27, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
- Paris: Done - Madrid Done - Hamburg: wip - Vienna: Done - Berlin: Done - others: wip. --Локомотив 20:43, 7 October 2010 (UTC)
If you want to try more:
- Template:Departments of France
- Template:Prefectures of Japan
- Template:Prefectures of Japan2 (links to categories instead of pages)
Welcome, Dear Patroller !Edit
Hi Lokomotiv !
You now have the Patroller right and may call yourself a patroller ! Please take a moment to read the updated Commons:Patrol to learn how Patrolling works and how we use it to fight vandalism.
As you know already, the patrolling functionality is enabled for all edits, not just for new-page creations. This enables us to keep track of, for example, edits made by anonymous users here on Commons.
We could use you help at the Counter Vandalism Unit. For example by patrolling an Anonymous-edits checklist and checking a day-part. There is a short video tutorial which addresses some things you may not know about.
Thanks for renamingEdit
Thanks for renaming of the book by Xenophon. I had been slow when compiling data, session expired and I forgot to post again the right name for the file.... :-( --Alex_brollo Talk|Contrib 08:37, 16 February 2011 (UTC)
Deletion Request helpEdit
Hello! Thanks with helping me with deletion requests. The guy who had uploaded a copyrighted photo of a laptop with the windows logo reuploaded it after it's deletion. Can you help me to make the deletion request? http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/File:ASUS_I.jpg this is what i managed to do. Please help me to make it for speedy deletion
Some baklava for you!Edit
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Photographer's Barnstar|
|Great thanks for renaming the incorrect files (Exclamation Marks, Konstantin Somov's) and doing them more readable, clear and correct for all other users. Gabriel VanHelsing (talk) 15:42, 8 October 2011 (UTC)|
Hi, I noticed that when renaming this file File:Piazza di nouro.jpg, you then proceeded to tag the redirect as a duplicate. This is not the right procedure. Redirects are not created by accident, they are created deliberately and should be retained unless there is a good reason not to. If the file is a newly uploaded and renamed file, then the redirect can be dispensed with. See Commons:File renaming and Commons:Deletion_policy#Duplicates. Thanks :-) --Tony Wills (talk) 04:21, 30 March 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for the reply :-). Part of the reason we keep redirects is so that people outside of wikimedia (eg on the rest of the internet) who have been using the file can still easily find it. For example if they use it in their publication and want to link back to the source (to fulfill the license requirements for example), their link needs to find the file. Even if it is a very bad name like File:IMG_123.JPG or File:MizSpeltt file PNG.JPG we want a redirect so that their link works. Also consider links from archived pages or in page histories, it is good to be able to find the file being discussed, even if it was renamed. It costs us very little to keep the redirect, and it stops someone uploading another file by that bad name.
- Still no ambitions in becoming an admin? ;) What exactly stops you from requesting it? Maybe I can help... or convince you. Trijnsteltalk 19:55, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
Re: My adminshipEdit
|Hello, DerBorg. You have new messages at Trijnstel's talk page.|
Hi DerBorg, I've drafted a subpage for Jermboy27's vandalism: Commons:Administrators' noticeboard/Vandalism/Jermboy27. Feel free to edit it! Mathonius (talk) 17:51, 27 May 2012 (UTC) P.S.: I've informed Túrelio as well.
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Photographer's Barnstar|
|gracias por avisarme el error que tuve podria decirme en que pagina de wikipedia ocurrio porfavor Esmeazu 23:04, 16 July 2012 (UTC)|
Another template to add languages toEdit
DeBorg, first, thanks for your help fixing my mistake. Regarding your second correction, in the RIT system, all bus stops use Curitiba's landmark tubes, but technically, a simple bus stop is different from a transfer station. Therefore, I do not think it is appropriate to put them together. At a station local feeders transfer passenger to express buses and other trunk line buses. Isolated tubes are usually located in neighborhoods, stations at the main system axis.--Mariordo (talk) 01:14, 27 November 2012 (UTC)
Another adminship suggestionEdit
Hello DerBorg, how are you? I'm wondering, would you please consider running for adminship? I'd be happy to nominate you. Adminship is really no big deal, and I'm sure the admin tools would be very useful for you anyway. Please let me know what you think. Kind regards, Mathonius (talk) 03:32, 14 April 2013 (UTC)
A beer for you!Edit
|Thank you for all your work related to Category:Japan–Korea Annexation Treaty.―― Phoenix7777 (talk) 03:41, 25 August 2013 (UTC)]].|
Hallo DerBorg, vielen Dank für die Korrekturen, allerdings ist jetzt immer noch ein Haken dran: VFR Ostösterreich Pettendorf DSCN0778.jpg ist die alte Version von Pettendorf (aerial photo).jpg das ich grad gleichzeitig versucht hab upzudaten... Sorry... --Ailura (talk) 20:23, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
Editor @ ar.wikiEdit
Hello. I would like to inform you that I have granted you editor flag at the Arabic Wikipedia, all your edits there will be automatically marked as patrolled. Best regards.--Avocato (talk) 07:02, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
Copyright tag removalEdit
Guten abend. I assume this edit was a mistake, with which you removed the copyright tag from the image I found in Category:Media without a license: needs history check today. Please be more careful when editing such image details because it could well have been deleted for lack of a licence except that I reviewed the history and found the problem. Ww2censor (talk) 00:26, 28 December 2013 (UTC)
Picture of the Year 2013 R2 AnnouncementEdit
Round 2 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!Edit
- ⧼Wikibase-terms/DerBorg⧽: Deutsch, Ελληνικά, English, français, magyar, italiano, македонски, 日本語, русский, svenska
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the second round of the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year were entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
There are two total rounds of voting. In the first round, you voted for as many images as you liked. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category have continued to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 2 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2013 Picture of the Year contest.
Picture of the Year 2013 Results AnnouncementEdit
Picture of the Year 2013 ResultsEdit
- In other languages: Deutsch, español, français, 日本語, Nederlands, русский, svenska, Türkçe, українська
The 2013 Picture of the Year competition has ended and we are pleased to announce the results: We shattered participation records this year — more people voted in Picture of the Year 2013 than ever before. In both rounds, 4070 different people voted for their favorite images. Additionally, there were more image candidates (featured pictures) in the contest than ever before (962 images total).
- In the first round, 2852 people voted for all 962 files
- In the second round, 2919 people voted for the 50 finalists (the top 30 overall and top 2 in each category)
We congratulate the winners of the contest and thank them for creating these beautiful images and sharing them as freely licensed content:
- 157 people voted for the winner, an image of a lightbulb with the tungsten filament smoking and burning.
- In second place, 155 people voted for an image of "Sviati Hory" (Holy Mountains) National Park in Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine.
- In third place, 131 people voted for an image of a swallow flying and drinking.
We also sincerely thank to all 4070 voters for participating and we hope you will return for next year's contest in early 2015. We invite you to continue to participate in the Commons community by sharing your work.
the Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2013 Picture of the Year contest.
Proposed category moveEdit
Hi, I've proposed the category move of Category:Train station in Monaco that, for what I've seen on the history, was created by you. I've added some details and links to explain the reasons (the existance of two disused stations: Monte Carlo (rack rw., see file) and Monte Carlo (SNCF), existed along with Monaco-Monte Carlo). Anyway, pardon if the procedure was wrong. Regards. --Dэя-Бøяg 23:44, 26 May 2014 (UTC)
- Ok. Well: an user requested a move (criterion #2) and, IMHO, it matched the criterion: "Japanese 500-yen commemorative coin 1993 Imperial Wedding" is more descriptive and lesser ambiguous than "Japanese commemorative coin". Just to say, a Japanese commemorative coin could refer to any kind of coin (not only yen) for any special event in any time. As for the "St. Mary's Church, -insert location-" (just an example), is better to specify. Sorry if I was wrong but, I repeat, I think that the old title was too generic. Value was not specified and, also adding "yen" the ambiguity would have been great in the same way. Because the tile didn't specify "yen" (created in 1871), it could refer to any Japanese currency (Tokugawa, Bakumatsu, etc). I hope my explanation was clear and I hope not to have created technical problems. Regards. --Dэя-Бøяg 14:22, 14 November 2015 (UTC)
Hi DerBorg, if you can update the image File:CampeonesCopaAmerica.png, because Chile won his second en:Copa América in 2016 (en:2015 Copa América and en:Copa América Centenario).--Seba Alfaro (talk) 23:56, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
Identification of stag beetleEdit
Hello DerBorg, i found this image of stag beetle image discussion and wrote about my doubts concerning right ID. It seems to be a male individual of the European stag beetle with rather small mandibles as often happening. Likewise individuals have been erroneously named L.c. "forma capreolus", leading easily to mixing up with east American Reddish-brown stag beetle. Could you please clear the tue ID?
Thanks for your answer and addition to the photos! I am waiting for ID confirmation by a german entomologist, however am pretty sure about Lucanus cervus. You will possibly know Boris Büche, i do suppose he will be an active wikipedian as well? Will let you know his statement to your images. Freundliche Grüße aus der Steiermark Erwin Stamnaria0568 (talk) 09:02, 22 August 2016 (UTC)
Have found the right Category:Lucanus tetraodon for your 4 photos from Campania. They do match other images of this mediterranean beetle species, and i do assume it should be the nominative subspecies tetraodon. The subspecies seems not to be much important in this case, thus i do suggest to leave it apart. Now you could do the moving to right category and change the names. Bis zum nächsten Mal Erwin Stamnaria0568 (talk) 20:43, 22 August 2016 (UTC)
- Hey, am back, yesterday I was really busy :-) Danke sehr for your efforts to identify the beetle. Btw, somebody still moved the files. Uhm, to answer: I don't know Boris Büche and, about that oak, I could remember where it is, and... I could investigate in the future about the species, when I'll come back again over there. Bis zum nächsten Mal, tschüßi. --Dэя-Бøяg 18:54, 24 August 2016 (UTC)
Danke schön für die Auszeichnung als Teamworker, hat mich gefreut! Erwin der: Stamnariophilus/Pteridophilos/Phytophilus (und was mir sonst auch immer gefällt!) ;-D Stamnaria0568 (talk) 10:47, 1 September 2016 (UTC)
Lamento mis muchos erroresEdit
En español. Buenas noches amigo; lamento mucho mis múltiples errores; El tema de categorizar en Commons se me hace muy difícil pero intentaré mejorar. Por favor, ten un poco más de paciencia con este viejo, que no veterano, Wikipedista. Saludos. Adolfobrigido (talk) 22:54, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
Umbenennung Europa ...Edit
hatte diesen Fehler nicht auf meinem Handy gesehen ... Sorry für die 34 Bilder
Cross namespace redirectsEdit
- Ok, I understood, sorry for problems. I used to create this redirects to help users searching for categories, also using other languages or alphabets. I remember I read a guideline not discouraging this edits, but I still don't remember where. Btw, I'll not create 'em. And, honestly, it was often a boring surplus work. Regards :-) --Dэя-Бøяg 16:41, 28 June 2018 (UTC)
I object to your rename of File:Tourism, development and peace - The story of Rwanda (41565511561).jpg, which is part of a sequence of related images, to File:Édouard Ngirente.jpg - it is the latter name which is ambiguous. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 22:22, 25 July 2018 (UTC)
- Uhm, you are right. Even if the other request was valid, your request encompasses 2 criteria: #1 (uploader request) and, mainly, #4 (harmonizing a large set of images). I've seen the categories and the sequences and... I requested a "counter-rename". Even if I'm a filemover, I can't move the file by myself because the original title exists and only an admin can delete it (temporarily) to allow the page move. Regards. --Dэя-Бøяg 23:54, 25 July 2018 (UTC)
- I propose : File:Édouard Ngirente (Tourism, development and peace - The story of Rwanda (41565511561).jpg . --Havang(nl) (talk) 08:39, 29 July 2018 (UTC)