- FoeNyx, thanks for taking the time and care to explain why the pope's picture was not a proper download. I understand and will "mend my ways." --HiFlyer 16:28, 31 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Au sujet de la image Forbidden cityEdit
Merci, la image est supprimé déjà. --Fanghong 07:35, 5 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1854 —FoeNyx 11:47, 9 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Bonjour, Les tags de licence de images sont additionnés, merci. Cordialement. --Fanghong 00:31, 11 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Hi - as you seem to be quite active on the featured picture candidate page, I would like to draw your attention to this: Commons talk:Featured picture candidates#Categorizing images. Please have a look and comment -- Duesentrieb 10:56, 4 May 2005 (UTC)
You wrote a request on my userpage earlier today asking if I could prowide a higher resolution of the pic (Image:Kaloe.jpg). The photo was only made to be seen on the screen, but if there is a chance it might be a featured picture on Commons i would like to make it in a larger resolution (and remove my signature :) - how large is sufficient? Regards Malene Thyssen 17:49, 19 May 2005 (UTC)
Image:Pomegranite Fruit India.JPGEdit
Chambre de commerce de LilleEdit
Alors, cela, c'est SUPER. J'aime bien celle de droite (pour les autres, le continent est moins reconnaissable). J'hésite juste par rapport au rouge, qui pourrait être assimilé violence and co, mais d'un autre côté, ça ressort bien. Donc je crois que je vais l'adopter :-)
Je peux l'utiliser pour wikimania ?
Anthere 07:29, 17 July 2005 (UTC)
Hi FoeNyx, the above mentioned picture was determined as Pieris rapae and the image was uploaded again as Image:Pieris.rapae.on.Taraxacum.jpg. The old file will be deleted. Greetings, --Olei 20:55, 30 October 2005 (UTC)
Hi, I will add those dimensions soon, mais ce sera pas pour aujourd'hui... So much to do, so little time. :-) — Lycaon 16:52, 3 January 2006 (UTC)
My name is Fernanda Viégas and I have been studying Wikipedia for a while now (you can see a paper I published on the subject here). I would like to ask you a few questions about your activities as a Wikipedia image creator. I am fascinated by the pictorial side of Wikipedia and it would be great to hear about this community from one of its members. Would you be available to participate an email survey this week? Thanks, — Fviegas | talk
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 13:15, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
Picture of the Year voting round 1 openEdit
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee