User talk:Goodness Shamrock
Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content). You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold contributing here and assume good faith for the intentions of others. This is a wiki — it is really easy.
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 05:58, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Hugo d'Oignies.jpg is uncategorized since 18 March 2009. BotMultichillT 05:58, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Leiden Maatschappij tot Nut van 't Algemeen.JPG was uncategorized on 12 August 2009.
TUSC token 4fed6856f0b4d2984909a64fa5bb5d4eEdit
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Hi! Do you know for sure that Arent van 's-Gravesande was the architect of this gate? When I wrote the article about the Doelenpoort, I somewhere read that it was one Arent Arentszoon from the city of 's-Gravezande who designed it; it seems to be about the same person, but do you know for sure? Groet, Tubantia (talk) 20:52, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- Hello. I'm using the "Architectuur & monumentengids Leiden" as a source here and I'm pretty confident that the gate is indeed designed by Arent van 's-Gravesande. The town hall in Middelharnis was also built after his designs, like you mentioned. (quoting the "kunstreisboek" now). So no doubt Arent Arentszoon and Arent van 's-Gravesande are one and the same. (If you were wondering why I added the Burcht to the works of Arent van 's-Gravesande: He was the first to restore the castle in 1651 and he had the entrance gate built.). Thanks for your interest. Wellicht kan e.e.a. aangepast worden in the Doelenpoort article. - Goodness Shamrock (talk) 08:55, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
File source is not properly indicated: File:Treppe Belvedere.jpgEdit
|This media was probably deleted.|
A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Treppe Belvedere.jpg, was missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. The file probably has been deleted. If you've got all required information, request undeletion providing this information and the link to the concerned file (
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.Please add the required information for this and other files you have uploaded before adding more files. If you need assistance, please ask at the help desk. Thank you!
File:Plantsoen 69.jpg e.a.Edit
Need permission to useEdit
Thank you Goodness Shamrock for your work...I would like to use your file, Saint Louis Psalter 30 verso.jpg, in a non-profit group's newsletter and need your photographer's/creator's release. Can you contact me at my regular email address?
File:Moordrecht,_Oost_Ringdijk_3.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Notification about possible deletionEdit
Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.