User talk:Henning M
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Yann 22:49, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
Hi Henning M, I found some images which were uploaded by you after May 23rd, 2006. Unless you can find (i.e. in archive.org) that these images had previously been released in the PD by the Ministero della Difesa, they will have to be proposed for speedy deletion, because that was the last evident date in which the content of www.difesa.it was expressely licensed as free. These images are:
- Image:RNLittorio.jpeg, uploaded 22:46, 25 ago 2006
I have to underline that even if some of them could probably fall in the so-called PD-Italy, that kind of PD is not recognised on Commons, so we need to find evidences that these images had been directly released in the PD by the MdD, as described in the Template:ItalyDefense, or they will have to be deleted. In case you find archived versions of the webpages which you found them in, please add links and/or details. This is specially important for drawings. Thank you for your kind cooperation. --Gianfranco 02:12, 30 April 2007 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 14:50, 7 September 2009 (UTC)