2006 | 2007 | 2008-1 | 2008-2 | 2008-3 | 2009-1 | 2009-2 | 2009-3 | 2009-4 | 2010-1 | 2010-2 | 2010-3 | 2010-4 | 2011-1 | 2011-2 | 2011-3 | 2012-1 | 2012-2 | 2013-1 | 2013-2 | 2014-1 | 2014-2 | 2014-3 | 2015-1 | 2015-2 | 2015-3 | 2015-4 | 2016-1 | 2016-2 | 2016-3 | 2017-1 | 2018-1 | 2018-2
kaavalan.png and nanban.png are promotional movie posters owned by the production house for free marketing purposes they are free imagesEdit
Hello Ies. I thank you for removing my copyrighted images. This has happened to me many times before. Could you please tell me where I could get images that are not copyrighted. I would help me out a bunch. EDG 543 15:37, 14 January 2019 (UTC)
- Hi EDG 543, there are several ways to get and upload free images.
- Take your own photographs. Useful cameras are not so expensive anymore.
- Only upload images that are explicitly published under a free license accepted by Commons. (Don't ask me for reliable sources. I only upload my own photographs.) Avoid any image published under another or unknown license.
- Ask the copyright owner (frequently difficult or not to identify) whether he permits a publishing of his non-free image under a free license. Prove that permission by using the Open-source Ticket Request System.
They are not Nonsense categories, they are user categories, they will eventually be stacked under my personal category hierarchy, as done now. And if you feel they be deleted, do so. I don't fight with Commons admins.--Vinayaraj (talk) 01:10, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Vinayaraj, user categories like Category:Photographs Vinayaraj and its subcategories are ok. A user category for each and every location you visited, however, is greatly overdone. Please collect your travel photos together in Category:Travel photos Vinayaraj. Feel free to make some subcategories for different countries or so, but don't make parallel categories for each and every location. Greetings, -- Ies (talk) 07:29, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
File:0 Livro Carlos Silveira IMG 1919.jpgEdit
Dear les; the photograph in this book cover (File:Carlos Silveira 1995 2.jpg) is my work; I uploaded it in Wikimedia and used it in Carlos Silveira's page in Portuuguese Wikipedia (in the book cover a symmetrical version was used, but the photo is the same); I believe this is the only relevant item in the book cover and there is no reason for it to be deleted.Manuelvbotelho (talk) 12:49, 24 January 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Manuelvbotelho, you might be right. But unfortunately there are many copyvios uploaded every day and frequently the uploaders claim like you that they have the copyright. Actually they don't. Therefore please prove that you (and not the publishing house!) have the copyright of this book cover by using the Open-source Ticket Request System. Greetings, -- Ies (talk) 13:04, 24 January 2019 (UTC)
- Dear Les; actually, although I am the author of the photo, the copyright of the book belongs to "Ordem dos Farmacêuticos" (I just looked it up). I could easily get their permission since I provided all the book's images, but I can't waste any more time with this unimportant question. So, please apply the rules. Greetings.Manuelvbotelho (talk) 13:29, 24 January 2019 (UTC)
File:Nicolae and Elena Ceaușescu awaiting execution.pnɣEdit
Please do not resore the first version. Can you just delete it?
Unfortunately it turns out that the first version is from a video that is actually an enactment in part, and not the actual scene of Nicolae and Elena Ceaușescu awaiting execution. I tried to delete it, but could not find out the mechanism to do that. I then tried to replace the image by an image from an actual video clip. I tried to grab the most descriptive frame, but unfortunately it is too fuzzy.
File: Revue plastir.jpgEdit
This photograph of the cover page of the Revue has been taken by myself and is not copyrighted. The editor himself (Mr Marc William Debono) wishes it to be published.
Please cancel the deletion note (copyvio tag). Many thanks - Reagards
- User:Emi21701, as the Plastir magazine isn't published under a free licence its publishing at Commons is not permitted. This is valid for derivative works like photographs of the Plastir magazine as well. See Commons:Derivative works. Moreover there isn't any trace of evidence that the true copyright holders (Publishing house and photographer and maybe but certainly not only the editor of the cover page) permit a publishing under a free license. If there is actually a valid permission please use the Open-source Ticket Request System to prove that. -- Ies (talk) 20:51, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
File:Dr. Beth Shubin Stein.jpgEdit
The image of Dr.Beth Shubin Stein is from her website and she asked me to help her create a Wikipedia page for herself since she is not familiar with the platform. Could you kindly let me know why the image cannot be accepted in this case?
- User:Doinashalaru, this image is taken from a website that unmistakeable says "All rights reserved". That means that any content of this website is NOT published under a free license and therefore NOT allowed to be published at Commons. This is a very clear and simple case. If your story is true and Dr. Beth Shubin Stein wants you to upload her image, she
- either has to alter the copyright note on her website from "All rights reserved" to a free license accepted by Commons
- or serve with another image of her. Note that before you upload this image (not taken by you) you have to prove that you have the permission to upload this image under a free license by using the Open-source Ticket Request System.
- -- Ies (talk) 13:09, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
I've altered the copyright note and added the free license text to her page in Wordpress. Do I need to try submitting the image again in this case?
Files on Raoul MillaisEdit
Delete - I got myself very confused although I thought I knew what I was doing. They are paintings , of course but the information and representation came from the source mentioned by Hart-Davis. Only after I had put the media up did I read that any use of representations apart from family copyrights have to be cleared in writing. The publisher may no longer exist as I can't find them on the web Dorkinglad (talk) 15:00, 13 February 2019 (UTC)
File: A drop of pre-cum on the erect penis of an Indian boy.jpgEdit
Hey dear, Let me remind you there are few pictures of pre-ejaculatory fluid present directly on a human penis. Also, pictures of white cocks outnumber black ones. And I don't think the picture I uploaded is of a VERY low quality. Will be obliged if you return it to EACH of the categories I mentioned. Otherwise, that throbbing cock would be very happy to find its way up your mouth. Celeb slipper (talk) 17:54, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
Bachbilder aus Nachrodt-WiblingwerdeEdit
Hallo Ies, kannst Du bitte einmal hier im Abschnitt Fehler schauen. Es geht um dieses Bild und evtl. auch um die weiteren drei Bilder in der Category:Brenscheider Bach. Freundliche Grüße --Asio 21:12, 18 February 2019 (UTC)
Thank you for your participation in Wiki Loves Love 2019Edit
Wiki Loves Love 2019 has ended and team Wiki Loves Love sends you greetings and appreciation for joining us in spreading love around the globe and documents how love is expressed in different cultures. We hope to see you again in 2020. Till then stay tuned to know the results of WLL19 that will be out in this April. Please make sure that your email is enabled so we can communicate with you if you are one of our prize winners.(learn more how to do)