|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 22:19, 16 June 2007 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 15:37, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Leber Schaf.svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Chlorine dioxide-electrons and angle.svg was uncategorized on 23 January 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:50, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Korona-2D.svg was uncategorized on 25 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 26 February 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Ubingen2.jpg was uncategorized on 5 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:46, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Aufbau KrV.svg was uncategorized on 17 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 18 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:ClO2pHkilling.svg was uncategorized on 9 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:12, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hm, guess you have a point. Same goes for the tail feathers. One could argue, though, that all of it is white including the background (so I don't see that it makes much of a difference, it should never be used on a non-white background anyway). I'll make them white, but it's 3am here, so I'll not fix that now (and it might be some time, as I'm a bit busy right at the moment)
- Thanks for the comment, that wouldn't have occured to me :) Iridos (talk) 01:05, 4 August 2011 (UTC)
TUSC token 1771d9c2901a0ca3d9ede06f35096e42Edit
Seal of South SudanEdit
File:Test.svg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.