More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:59, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- Image:File0051.jpg is uncategorized since 2 August 2009.
- Image:File0026 edited.jpg was uncategorized on 22 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:50, 23 November 2009 (UTC)
Hi. I noticed you editing this file to try and include the category fellatio. This is already in the autofellatio category, which is a subcategory of fellatio, and as such this image does not need to be in the main fellatio category. -mattbuck (Talk) 15:54, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
- Bienvenue sur Commons, Kikijaco. Ayant regardé vos modifications récents aux catégories de l'image Autofellatio-Kiki51.jpg et d'autres, il me semble que vous ne comprenez pas qu'il faut utiliser l'anglais ici et pas francais. Ca ne marche pas ici. Si vous avez besoin d'aide n'hésitez pas a poser une question ici ou sur mon page discussion utilisateur. Surtout, il faut absolument que vous ne continuez pas à modifier les catégories comme ca, s'il vous plait. Cordialement, Anatiomaros (talk) 23:32, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
|File:Autofellatio-Kiki51.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
Hello, you have added a sexual image to Wikimedia Commons, unfortunately it seems like the consensus has been reached to delete that file. I would like to thank you for making this project develop and grow, but unfortunately not every image about sex is allowed to remain here. Do not feel disheartened, many other sexual images are kept here, and hopefully your future uploads will meet the criteria for inclusion. But i thought that you might be interested that there are projects which are more interested in sexually explicit and freely licenced material, like Freedom Porn which distributes its content under Free Art Licence or in public domain. You may want to check it out and see if you would be interested in uploading there as well as here. VolodyA! V Anarhist (talk)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 14:19, 10 November 2012 (UTC)
|File:Autofellatio-Kiki42.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
|File:Fellation-auto.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.