Addition of hewiki to Commons:Auto-protected filesEdit
After consulting with the rest of the community here on hewiki, we'd like to add /wikipedia/he/ to your automatic protection bot.
We promise to be good hosts and hopefully cause no problems.
Hoping to receive your blessings,
Bharel (talk) 20:50, 2 January 2017 (UTC)
p.s. I like your name. Krinkle. It's catchy.
- @Bharel: Okay! I've added it (code change, gallery). Is there a "tomorrow" page as well? Adding the "tomorrow" page means images are protected ahead of time. That way image are safe even if the bot is delayed after midnight. --Krinkle 05:49, 3 January 2017 (UTC)
I'm trying to integrate OCR-buttons into the Proofread extension on frrwiki. Meanwhile I imported the necessary OCR.js, Gadget-OCR.js and Gadget-PR-ocr.js from dewiki, but it doesn't work yet. The problem might be, that on frrwiki there is no separate Wikisource project, but frr-Wikisource runs within frr-Wikipedia in special namespaces. And Common.js might have to be prepared for that gadget. I'd be glad, if you could find the time to get this running. Thanks in advance!
--Murma174 (talk) 10:01, 25 March 2017 (UTC)
- @Murma174: Hi. Sorry, but I'm not familiar enough with the Wikisource OCR gadget to know why it doesn't work. It seems the original author (s:de:User:Xarax) has been inactive since 2009. Are you certain that it works on dewiki? Perhaps ask around the discussion board at s:de:Wikisource:Skriptorium? –Krinkle 22:13, 28 March 2017 (UTC)
- Hello Krassotkin, this file was never protected!? -- User: Perhelion 12:58, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
- @User: Perhelion: Now it's not. This was cross-protected from here. Thank you! --sasha (krassotkin) 14:30, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
- Done --Doalex 09:30, 10 August 2017
Hello, You removed jquery.mwExtension module in 3863dd231f2f. It breaks a number of widely used scipts such as COM:VFC and by default enabled scripts such as global replace (See Commons:AN#Commons_delinker_not_working). The aforementioned scripts are used hundred of times daily. See also Commons:Village_pump#FulfillEditRequest.js_doesn.27t_work. Anything you can do to fix it? :) Thanks in advice. --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:08, 25 August 2017 (UTC)
When you edited User talk:Polarlys/Archiv1 to fix the self-closing span tags, you didn't actually remove the self closing bit. The "/>" shuold be ">". Just wondering if you could fix it? -- WOSlinker (talk) 08:47, 9 September 2017 (UTC)
- Done. --Krinkle 18:31, 19 September 2017 (UTC)
Dag Krinkle, I just noticed you on the scn.wiki and I'm hoping you might be able to help. I was one of the co-founders of scn.wiki and the first sysop, but then took an extended break from wiki (stretching years), but I have now returned to scn.wiki. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of activity on scn.wiki, and I'm the only one keeping watch over it. I'm wondering, if I can't get admin rights through scn.wiki, whether anyone else might be able to help me. bedankt, Pippu d'Angelo (talk) 03:59, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
Auto-protection of File:Kingdom of Hungary against Moldovans flag in battle.jpgEdit
I am trying to edit File:Kingdom of Hungary against Moldovans flag in battle.jpg to add more information, but for some reason the KrinkleBot has marked it for auto-protection.
Can you please help?
Hello Krinkle, I'm wondering about this template name. Is it still needed or can we replace the 32 inclusions? -- User: Perhelion 16:53, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
TemplateParam.php for commonswikiEdit
Re: "it seems to not work for Template:Talkarchive"
Krinkle bot errors?Edit
Greetings, Krinkle. It seems that over the last couple of days, your bot has not performed its usual function of adding cascade-protected files to Commons:Auto-protected files/wikipedia/en. I'd appreciate your help in sorting it out; the automatic protection of main-page images is invaluable to the en.wiki main page. The files in question are this one, which was transcluded here, and this one, transcluded here. Also pinging @Legoktm, Steinsplitter:. Regards, Vanamonde93 (talk) 11:39, 9 June 2018 (UTC)
- Fixed. Grid engine job was stucking. --Steinsplitter (talk) 12:15, 9 June 2018 (UTC)
- @Steinsplitter: Thanks! May I ask, how did you know? And how did you resolve it? --Krinkle 19:08, 9 June 2018 (UTC)
It seems the bot stopped updating MediaWiki:Gadget-markAdmins-data.js again. Could you have a look at this? The issue with missing rights to edit the page should be solved soon, as I already made a request on COM:BN. --Didym (talk) 20:52, 11 September 2018 (UTC)
Your erroneous dating of photosEdit
In this edit and this edit you added dates for two photos that cannot be correct, because the subject died years before the date you inserted. If you had checked his article you would have seen this, and if you had looked at the edit history of the file description pages you would have seen that I had already removed erroneous dates. On what basis did you add these dates? I notice they were different from the dates I removed. And can you please now check that you haven't introduced wrong dates for other images by the same procedure? Thank you for your clean-up efforts but some sanity checking and verification is surely needed before doing something like adding a date to a photo that doesn't already have one. Beorhtwulf (talk) 23:56, 3 December 2018 (UTC)
- @Beorhtwulf Thanks for noticing. The date isn't random. It's based on the Flickr page where it says the photo was taken on that date (it is not something basic like the upload date). The Flickr page contains a discussion about this, and the Commons file page also has an edit with the same mistake many years ago (which you also reverted back then). If you have looked into every link and connected bit of information, you would have known why I made the edit I did. But I think we can agree that it doesn't make sense to do so for every change we make. Instead, we should learn from our mistakes and leave behind clues for our future selves. I have done so. --Krinkle 20:56, 8 December 2018 (UTC)
Hello Krinkle, greetings from Assamese wikipedia. Our community is interested in installing a Numeral converter gadget that you have developed and maintained Hindi (hi:मीडियाविकि:Gadget-Numeral_converter.js) as well as many other Indic Wikis. So I am reaching out to you to help us tweak the gadget to handle Assamese numerals. We would also need your help to install it in Assamese Wikipedia as we don't have any local Interface editor. Could you please help us in this regard? Please let me know if you need any more information from our side. --SlowPhoton (talk) 14:31, 12 January 2019 (UTC)
The bot appears to have stopped editing.
Thanks in advance for your attention. —David Levy 00:26, 19 February 2019 (UTC)
KrinkleBot outage March 15, 2019Edit
- @Maile66: Looks like the automated way to run the bot every 15 minutes in Toolforge got stuck. Should be all good now. Thanks for the heads up! --Krinkle 23:54, 15 March 2019 (UTC)
- Hi there -- is the bot working properly now? I tried to request a protection about 15 mins ago but no luck as yet. ETA Another editor requested a different file several hours ago, which doesn't seem to be picking up, so I think there might be a problem. Espresso Addict (talk) 03:37, 16 March 2019 (UTC)
- @Maile66: It's back up now. The scheduler got stuck with an unknown error. If this happens again, I'll have to look into what's going on there. Thanks! --Krinkle 16:35, 16 March 2019 (UTC)
KrinkleBot outage April 4, 2019Edit
It seems to have fallen down on the job. File:2019 State of the Union Guests (40029398563) (cropped).jpg should be on the main page in about half an hour. It's been in the lead queue at DYK for about 2-1/2 hours waiting to be protected. Thanks in advance. Maile66 (talk) 23:31, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- @Maile66: Looking at global usage it does not appear used on either of "Main Page" nor "Wikipedia:Main Page/Tomorrow". Those are the pages that KrinkleBot monitors and synchronises. I've checked the Toolforge scheduler, and it appears to be running without issue :). --Krinkle 23:42, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- @Maile66: I am not familiar with the internals of DYK and Main Page templates on English Wikipedia. The bot monitors "Main Page" and "Wikipedia:Main Page/Tomorrow". Perhaps other editors working on Main Page or DYK know more about how this normally works. --Krinkle 23:51, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- To elaborate, an administrator performed a requested edit that removed (accidentally, I presume) the DYK queue's transclusion from Wikipedia:Main Page/Tomorrow. Hopefully, this notice will prevent similar mishaps in the future.
- Apologies for the false alarm, and thanks again for keeping the bot chugging along. —David Levy 03:09, 5 April 2019 (UTC)
- @David Levy: No problem, and thanks for helping out. I wonder if we could improve on this, perhaps by letting the bot monitor an additional page? For the current config, see here. It already monitors lots of pages on various wikis. Adding another one would be no trouble at all! --Krinkle 15:39, 5 April 2019 (UTC)
Please add zh:Wikipedia:首页/全部 to
sourcepages. The image used in 你知道嗎？ (Did you know) section is randomly picked from a set of images. So the bot edits this page many times in a day. Wikipedia:首页/全部 includes all images. Add it to solve this problem. --Xiplus (talk) 23:39, 28 April 2019 (UTC)
Hi, bevor ich es vergesse: danke für de:Wikipedia:Technik/Skin/Gadgets/. Ich habe gesehen das du deutsch sprichst. Deshalb zur Information ein Link nach de:Wikipedia Diskussion:Kurier#Bildbeschreibung. Viele Grüße, Summer ... hier! (talk) 20:48, 11 May 2019 (UTC)
- @Summer You're welcome. Das Bildbeschreibung Problem hatte ich mir auch schon bemerkt (T223007). Es wird jetzt untersucht bei T222935. --Krinkle 15:25, 12 May 2019 (UTC)