User talk:MichaelMaggs/Archive/2010< User talk:MichaelMaggs
I did an edit on File:Tsukubai2.JPG a few minutes ago, not being aware that you're en-4 (to me it felt much like some German speaker's English). I therefore apologize, and please ask you to improve on my edit, or to just revert. TX, Wolfgang. [w.] 10:46, 2 January 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for your vote on my RfCU
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review my request for checkuser rights. I hope one more CU will make a difference, at least for the other CUs' workload! Regards, --Eusebius (talk) 16:29, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
Profile size and activity criterion for Commons:Meet our photographers
Dear member of Commons:Meet our photographers,
Two issues have recently been raised at Commons talk:Meet our photographers:
- Profile size creep
- The page is becoming increasing cluttered due to a tendency among some members to make personal profiles, which are unreasonably large. You are kindly requested to consider the size used by your profile and consider if it has a reasonable size. Note that the same message is being send to all members, so it is up to you to use your own good judgement in this. We are not interesting in setting up exact quantitatve rules. It should be a matter of common sense.
- Activity criterion
- It has been suggested to introduce an activity criterion in addition to the minimum 10 FPs criterion to be included on the list. You are kindly requested to voice your opinion on this proposal.
Hello, motivated by the six Fotoworkshops of the German Wikipedia an international Photoworkshop in the Swedish Nyköping will be launched during the Easter Weekend 2010. Nyköping was chosen since Skavsta Airport is a Ryanair Base and very close to Stockholm. Further information can be found on Commons:Photoworkshop_Nyköping_2010. --Prolineserver (talk) 06:23, 5 March 2010 (UTC)
I am a photo researcher looking for bouncing balls to be used in a mathematical college textbook by Cengage Learning I want to know if you will give us permission to use the stroboscopic bouncing basketball? The authors want to see a selection of bouncing balls and I think yours is very interesting and worthy to submit. Please let me know if we can license your image.
Austin MacRae Photo Researcher Terri Wright Design email@example.com 805-682-6639
Hi, I just came upon your file blacklisting default camera-added filenames. I thought it could use the addition of "HPIM" which my HP camera uses (and plenty others; check google images to see). That is all! --Qwerty0 (talk) 15:46, 8 April 2010 (UTC)
Meaning of sentence in Commons:Photographs of identifiable people
Hi, Michael. I am trying to translate Commons:Photographs of identifiable people into Japanese, but cannot catch the meaning of the following sentence, especially the part in bold. As an author, could you explain it or rewrite?
- As always, of course, if there are any local laws which control the taking of photographs, or the use that may be made of them without the subject's consent, those will take precedence.
I would interpret it in two ways:
- If there are any local laws which prohibit the use of the photographs without the subject's consent ...
- If there are any local laws which allow the use of the photographs without the subject's consent ...
- Hi Sushiya, thanks for your question. In this context, "control" means "prohibit". So, if there are any laws which prohibit either
- the taking of photographs without the subject's consent, or
- the use that may be made of such photographs without the subject's consent,
- then those laws will override anything in the policy.
- Hope that's clear. Please let me know if not. --MichaelMaggs (talk) 16:43, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
As someone who previously participated in a past discussion regarding this page, you may be interested in the new discussion taking place. I have endeavoured to send a message to everyone previously involved; if I have missed anyone please let them know as well. Roux (talk) 05:45, 24 April 2010 (UTC)
Credit Card for NGO
Hey Micheal i wish to use the Peacock Tail Feather picture for design for a credit card we are making for an NGO . The ngo link is www.ruralstudentaid.com . Is it ok with you ?
- Yes, that is OK, but under the terms of the licence you will need to print my name on the card next to the image. If you would like to negotiate a special licence without that restriction, please let me know. By the way, that website doesn't seem to work. Regards --MichaelMaggs (talk) 21:04, 8 May 2010 (UTC)
[Ask for permission of use]
I work for the french Museum of natural history. We're organizing an exhibition about biodiversity in the Grande Galerie de l'Evolution and one device treats about ammonites. I'm looking for pictures and found your picture of ammonite lamp.
We would like to use your picture in a small movie about ammonites, which will be shown on a small screen. This is a non-commercial use.
Do you agree if we use your pictures in this device ? Of course your name will appear in the device.
We would be very pleased to invite you at the Grande galerie if you go to Paris once a time.
Please contact me at this adress (without spaces): verleye @ mnhn.fr
Cleaning the dust
Yes, it would be nice to clean the dust off your camera and come back (we miss you). I promise we will be ruthless! In the meantime, please take a look at the discussion going on the FPC talk page. -- Alvesgaspar (talk) 19:16, 26 May 2010 (UTC)
re: colored pencil photograph
my comment: BRAVO!!! I could stare at it for hours, diving in and becoming each and every hue for a few minutes--some more than others--then moving on to the next. What a wonderful photograph that stimulates the viewer to participate, at least those of us who like color.
my question: did you see that the lighest blue pencil was sharper and longer than the others before or after the fact? by choice? coincidence? silly question, I know, but still curious
my fyi: on the page that you explain youtself, you write: Info: "This is the user page of Michael Maggs. I am for the moment at least not dealing with admin or copyright issues. Sorry. Photography has long been a hobby of mine, and I have upladed a few images here." You might want to correct the spelling of "upladed"
thanaks for the image and best,
Hello MichaelMaggs. I have uploaded an image
File:Mangalorean Catholic wedding costumes.jpg. I have recevied the permission from Daijiworld Media Pvt Ltd Mangalore. I have also forwarded the mail on the OTRS server with the title
"OTRS Permission". I was wondering if you could check it. Please please check it...I have been waiting for a lot of time for http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mangalorean_Catholic_wedding_costumes.jpg. --
10:43, 21 August 2010 (UTC)
Request for publication rights
I am a French publisher of International field guide of marine species (waterproof PVC books). You can see them at www.pictolife.net. We are doing now the Temperate Atlantic and we would like to ask you the publication rights for this photo :
- Aphrodita aculeata (found on Wikimedia)
We could offer you a book for each photo that we use, as for other photographers (listed at the back cover of the book)… Our company is very young and this kind of arrangements is necessary for us at this step. You can have a look of our book on the Caribbean Sea and the Mediterranean on our web site, you’ll see then if its quality is worth your participation… Our Atlantic book will be of the same quality.
Let me know if those conditions would be acceptable for you. You can answer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
we'll use your Koban Photo (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/Koban_%28police_box%29_from_Sudo-cho.jpg) in a brazilian community journal of the Associação dos Moradores do Bairro Anchieta (Amoran), a residente association in Belo Horizonte/Minas Gerais/Brasil (see it in amoran.org).
Thanks a lot.
Carlos Alberto Rocha editor
Photo of pachinko parlor
I just wanted to let you know that I have used your photo of a pachinko parlor on my blog here: http://aboutsubeng.blogspot.com/2010/10/genesis-of-su-bengs-tokyo-noodle-shop.html. My blog is about the life of Su Beng- a Taiwanese nonagenarian Marxist revolutionary, who worked undercover for the Chinese Communists for 7 years, tried to assassinate Chiang Kai-Shek and wrote "Taiwan's 400 Year History." I'm currently working on writing his biography.
I dont know if I am doing this right, but I have used your picture http://guides.wikinut.com/A-Very-Important-Christmas-Message/cb6vh317/
The image File:Coloured, textured craft card edit.jpg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Coloured, textured craft card edit.jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.