The Optimist's talk page
Hi Optimistic! Recently I asked yo to rename the File:Fallas -Mamita Yunai ed. popular cubana.jpg because I thougt that the dot after 'ed' was causing the problem that impeded to see the photo on the infobox, but the problem persisted; after that, I uploaded another image File:Aguirre - Juan de la Rosa.jpg, and I had the same problem. Now I saw that same problem in David Rosenmann-Taub (& in the Spanish & French versions of that article as well) with a photo that is not mines, File:David Rosenmann-Taub.png, but that have in common with the other two the dash (-), so I now think that the problem is the dash. That is why I am asking you now, if possible, to rename the file David Rosenmann-Taub.png to David RosenmannTaub.png and see if it works and the infobox shows the photo after been renamed. If that is the case, I would ask you to rename File:Fallas -Mamita Yunai ed popular cubana.jpg to File:Fallas libro Mamita Yunai ed popular cubana.jpg and File:Aguirre - Juan de la Rosa.jpg to File:Aguirre libro Juan de la Rosa.jpg (all my explanation may sound a little strange, but I am sure that is you go to file David Rosenmann-Taub you will understand the problem). Of course, if the dash is causing the problem, it would be nice if in the appropiate place you can put a recomendation for not to use it in the files names to avoid that problem in the future (and if it is not the dash, then I don't no what to do to solve it). Thank you and excuse me for taking your time.--Roferbia (talk) 12:23, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- I'm getting the same problem. I very much doubt that the dash in the file name is causing the problem, so another rename won't solve anything. I believe there are some residual server issues following the recent server migration. Leave it with me, and I'll see if I can do anything tonight. An optimist on the run! 12:57, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- OK, thanks; but the funny thing is that if you use the file in the text (no in the infobox) with the normal sintaxis ([[File:Aguirre - Juan de la Rosa.jpg|thumb|the text you want), then it works fine.--Roferbia (talk) 14:35, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- You've probably got your default thumbnail size to be >403px (the width of the image). If it's set less than that, it won't reduce in size. I've tried uploading another version over the top of it, without success. This seems to be a bug with the Wiki software at present, and not with your images - see w:WP:VPT#Images not rendering. All I can suggest is be patient, and see if it resolves itself in a week or so. If not, I suggest raising the problem at the Village Pump, as it's beyond my technical expertise I'm afraid. But I'm certain it's not the file name that's causing the problem - most of my images have dashes in, and I've never had any problems. An optimist on the run! 17:22, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- Seems to be working now, at least on my browser. An optimist on the run! 22:01, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
Hall i' th' WoodEdit
Congratulations, you won! -mattbuck (Talk) 00:57, 16 March 2013 (UTC)
- I didn't know it was a race :-) Seriously, I'd been meaning to get up there for some time, and when Signalhead uploaded File:Priesthill and Darnley March 2013.jpg, I thought I'd take advantage of a free afternoon to go up and get it. It looked lonely on Edward's list! An optimist on the run! 05:53, 16 March 2013 (UTC)
yes i did notice your template & it is very cool.
your template does not incorporate a categorization for "photographs taken on (date)"; which is desirable, to differentiate from other types of files associate with a given date
can you adjust it to correct for this?
Lx 121 (talk) 10:44, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
- Glad you like the template :-) I;ve left a query on your talk page. An optimist on the run! 18:50, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
- replied, sry abt the delay. i'm just not good @ keeping up on "correspondence". >__< Lx 121 (talk) 07:20, 28 October 2013 (UTC)