User talk:Pear Blossom
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 12:10, 26 January 2012 (UTC)
||File:Phang Nga Bay cave.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Hello, Pear Blossom!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Phang Nga Bay.jpg was uncategorized on 30 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:27, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Cinque torri (Five Towers).jpg was uncategorized on 31 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:53, 1 February 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Passo Giau from Nuvolau.jpg was uncategorized on 31 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:53, 1 February 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Lake Misurina.jpg was uncategorized on 31 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:53, 1 February 2012 (UTC)
- Image:At the top of Monte Cristallo.jpg was uncategorized on 31 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:53, 1 February 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Lungro.jpg was uncategorized on 1 February 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:51, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
Picture of the Year voting round 1 openEdit
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 AnnouncementEdit
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!Edit
- ⧼Wikibase-terms/Pear Blossom⧽: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.
Islets in Phang Nga Bay - Confirmation of CC licence for use in a infographic.Edit
My name's Ian, I work for a small infographic studio (NeoMam) in Manchester, UK. We're making an infographic about star wars travel locations and would like to use a small version of your image to illustrate one of the items on the list.
We are going to distribute the work under CC-BY-SA 3.0 so I believe it's in line with the licence under which you've released it under.
However we always like to double check these things, it would attributed in the following manner on the graphic:
Islets in Phang Nga Bay / Pear Blossom / Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY-SA 3.0 / Image has been resized
If you'd like to see examples of this on the graphic, please contact me at my user page and I'll be more than happy to send examples.
Please let me know if this is OK or if you'd like it to be attributed in a different way.