User talk:Peter Alberti
Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content). You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold contributing here and assume good faith for the intentions of others. This is a wiki — it is really easy.
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Hi, I was interested in your mentioning that in U 1998.946SH a Danish court had ruled the WWF panda-mark was found ineligible for copyright protection. I am trying to collect such cases for Threshold of originality. Could you give me a reference? I can read Danish. With best regards, /Pieter Kuiper (talk) 22:35, 29 October 2011 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, I don't know how to give a better reference than that. (U is short for the journal, w:da:Ugeskrift for Retsvæsen, 1998 is the year, 946 is the page number in the paper version.) It has been digitized but it only available online to paying subscribers. I couldn't even figure out how to buy a single article as an individual so I read it at the royal library in Copenhagen. You can try at the website of Forlaget Thomson if you like.
Threshold of originality makes for quite interesting reading. That is a good initiative. Peter Alberti (talk) 07:41, 30 October 2011 (UTC)
Hallo Peter Alberti, thanks for translating Template:Uwlsubst/da! You forgot to create Template:Uwlsubst/da/BBpreload. You can use Template:Uwlsubst/en/HDpreload as example/pattern. Cheers --Saibo (Δ) 21:12, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- Indeed I did. Thank you for reminding me. I will get on it right away. Peter Alberti (talk) 16:10, 13 December 2011 (UTC)
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. Cheers --Saibo (Δ) 20:12, 13 December 2011 (UTC)
Picture of the Year voting round 1 openEdit
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee