More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 21:54, 14 July 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Borisa-sitting-Buddha-back.jpg was uncategorized on 21 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 17:24, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Borisa-sitting-Buddha-front.jpg was uncategorized on 21 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 17:24, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Borisa-sitting-Buddha-building1.jpg was uncategorized on 21 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 17:24, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Borisa-sitting-Buddha-building2.jpg was uncategorized on 21 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 17:24, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 13:19, 7 March 2013 (UTC)
|Hello, Pldx1. You have new messages at User talk:CommonsDelinker/commands/talk#Hwaseong Fortress categories.
Hwaseong Fortress categoriesEdit
Can I ask the reasoning behind the creation of Category:Poru (Hwaseong Fortress)? However you may feel the need to categorise in order to make the world to reflect how you see it, Commons has its own etiquette and conventions. One of those is that we categorise in English if possbile save for proper names (and sometimes not even then). Another is that galleries belong to gallery pages never in categories. More often than not no discussion is needed in categorisation, but when discussions are started we bow to the consensus of what the community decides when the community decides, howver we may personally feel about that consensus.--KTo288 (talk) 22:37, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
- You can ignore me if you wish, that of course is your choice, however the questions I've raised do need to be answered, if not to me then to the community as a whole, if not here than either at User talk:CommonsDelinker/commands/talk or a new entry at Commons:Categories for discussion.--KTo288 (talk) 19:25, 12 May 2013 (UTC)
|File:Undigested toothbrush.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you.
— regards, Revi 07:01, 28 September 2015 (UTC)