Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content). You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold contributing here and assume good faith for the intentions of others. This is a wiki — it is really easy.
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 03:44, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
Comment from Maga1717Edit
Hi i have been blocked and I don't understand why?
- Hi @Maga1717:, you are not blocked on commons. You are blocked at enwiki and you should be able to see the block reason when attempting to edit there. This will need to be resolved at enwiki, and it appears an admin has given a more specific reason as of why your unblock request was declined. -★- PlyrStar93 →Message me. ← 18:03, 9 July 2018 (UTC)
- @Guanaco: the accounts who started the discussion belong to a long-term abuser usually referred to as "George Reeves Person". Accounts have been locked. -★- PlyrStar93 →Message me. ← 03:05, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
- Yann, I could, the thing is, however, we are not entirely sure what a CU can do at the moment. We know the IP range he uses, and if it's blocked it will affect a large number of users and will generate tons of complaints. Earlier today stewards have dealt with a wave and blocked the IP range although it's expired. For the record, hardblock 2607:fb90::/32 and he should stop for some time, a couple days of time should be good. It's going to affect a lot of editors. -★- PlyrStar93 →Message me. ← 05:59, 22 December 2018 (UTC)
Good idea, uploading a 1 pixel image. I've deleted it as vandalism. This was planned - he auto-confirmed on en-wiki back in October, by repeated edits to his user page, so he could vandalise en:New Year's Eve with that picture today. Ronhjones (Talk) 17:47, 31 December 2018 (UTC)
- Ronhjones, The user is autoconfirmed since 2011, and another one, Tom2228, since 2007. Recently we've seen a massive amount of old accounts getting hacked to conduct vandalism, some of which are already autoconfirmed, including some established users. Maybe temporarily extended confirm protect the page at enwiki would be a good idea, but first we should see if it persists. -★- PlyrStar93 →Message me. ← 17:51, 31 December 2018 (UTC)
- @Ronhjones: Thank you, one account is 神戸アニメストリート. I will let you know if I see additional accounts and uploads (all copyvios I've seen so far). -★- PlyrStar93 →Message me. ← 19:26, 4 February 2019 (UTC)
Round 2 of Picture of the Year 2018 is open!Edit
You are receiving this message because we noticed that you voted in R1 of the 2018 Picture of the Year contest, but not yet in the second round. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2018) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year were entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
There are two total rounds of voting. In the first round, you voted for as many images as you liked.
In the final (and current) round, you may vote for a maximum of three images. The image with the most votes will become the Picture of the Year 2018.
Round 2 will end 17 March 2019, 23:59:59.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee 18:04, 16 March 2019 (UTC)