Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content). You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold contributing here and assume good faith for the intentions of others. This is a wiki — it is really easy.
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 06:12, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
- Describe what it is about in a short sentence. (What does the image show?)
- State the author and the date of creation. If you made it yourself, say so explicitly. If it is from another Wikimedia user, link to the person's local user page. Best to use CommonsHelper.
- If you did not create the file yourself, state the source you got it from.
- Add a copyright tag - images without an appropriate license tag will be deleted.
- Add the image to one or more gallery pages and/or appropriate categories, so it can be found by others. To find out where an image belongs, you can use CommonsSense.
If you copied the file from another wiki, please copy all information given there and say who uploaded it to that wiki. Use CommonsHelper.
You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file.
Please add as much information as possible. If there is not sufficient information, the file may have to be deleted. For more information, follow the Commons:First steps guide. If you need help or have questions, please ask at the Help desk.Thank you.
TUSC token e011436e874043a58d0d5025484bc75cEdit
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account! e011436e874043a58d0d5025484bc75c
TUSC token 5a5a33d501410a5f75480339687d56e8Edit
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account! 5a5a33d501410a5f75480339687d56e8
Liste de discussion brestEdit
Je vous invite à vous inscrire à la liste firstname.lastname@example.org. Nous communiquerons sur les actions en lien avec les projets de l'association wikimedia (portant les projets wikipédia, commons ...) qui se déroule sur Brest et ses environs comme :
- collecte commons
- ateliers divers (wikipédia, commonist pour importer facilement des photos sur commons)
- couverture d'évènements comme "Tonnerres de Brest 2012"
Pour vous y inscrire il faut m'envoyer un mail à l'adresse suivante contact (at) wiki-brest.net
Voulez perdoner mon mauvais francais.
J'ai pas enlevé la Category:Train stations in Pyrénées-Orientales. La Category:Train stations in Alta Cerdanya est il une subcategorie de la Category:Train stations in Pyrénées-Orientales. Pourtant (then), toutes les stations de l'Haute Cerdagne sont ils dans la Category:Train stations in Pyrénées-Orientales.
S'il vous plait, ne pas enlever la «Category:Train stations in Alta Cerdanya» sur les gares de cette comarca.
Naturellement, vous podez categoriser cettes images dans differents schemes de categorisation. Si ne volez essayer un autre, vous avez pas besoign de enlever tous les autres. (Examples: Train stations in Pyrénées-Orientales by comarca, Train stations in Pyrénées-Orientales by name, Train stations in Pyrénées-Orientales by district, Train stations in Pyrénées-Orientales by line).
Train stations in LuxembourgEdit
It is not a good idea to rename all train stations in Luxembourg in French. With only 8 % of the people having French as mother tongue, it is just asking for problems. This is a typical case where the English version is a nice compromise. --Foroa (talk) 08:44, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
- Me parler en anglais n'est pas une bonne idée je n'y comprends rien. Cordialement Quoique (talk) 16:26, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
- Il me semble que ce n'est pas une bonne idée de baptiser/convertir tous les gares en Luxembourg en Français. Après tout, ils ont trois langues officielles, donc utiliser des noms du style "xxx train station" évite des problèmes linguistiques tout en restant conforme avec le standard de nommage Commons. Cordialement. --Foroa (talk) 18:00, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletionEdit
Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.