|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
Merry Christmas and a happy 2019! ;–)Edit
|✴ Happy Holidays 2019, Rosenzweig! ✴|
|Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!|
And all the best for 2019!
--Aristeas (talk) 16:28, 24 December 2018 (UTC)
ich hatte unter File:TLOK.jpeg ein Foto hochgeladen, wo - versehentlich - ein Pkw-Nummernschild am Bildrand zu sehen war. Als ich das gemerkt habe, habe ich diesen Bildrand abgeschnitten, da sowieso inhaltlich verzichtbar. Wäre eine Versionslöschung angezeigt? Danke, Gruß und alles Gute für 2019 --dealerofsalvation 12:48, 1 January 2019 (UTC)
- Hallo dealerofsalvation,
Hi, Rather than deleting files because of URAA, which create small conflicts, could you please open a general debate, so that we can settle this issue once and for all? Regards, Yann (talk) 12:17, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Yann, what do you have in mind as a proper venue for that? Village pump? Village pump/Copyright? RfC? Somewhere else? Regards --Rosenzweig τ 12:30, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
- Commons:Village pump/Copyright seems the right place, with a mention on the main VP. Regards, Yann (talk) 17:06, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
- Und natürlich bitte die Diskussion auf Deutsch führen, es geht schließlich um deutschsprachige Projekte, denen diese Bilder gestohlen werden sollen. Die Anglozentriker sollen sich da gefälligst anpassen. Der richtige Platz wäre also Commons:Forum, nicht die englische Dorfpumpe. Grüße vom Sänger ♫ (talk) 10:41, 20 January 2019 (UTC)
Hallo, das Foto stammt ca. aus den 1920er Jahren
- It's a coat of arms of some kind. Since it's from 1927, the actual artist may have lived beyond 1948, but the elements are either very simple (letters, a cross, colored bars) or based on old heraldic designs, so there is probably little originality here. The threshhold of originality in Germany is comparatively high, and the image may not be protected at all by German law. So I'm inclined to let this one go. Regards --Rosenzweig τ 14:15, 27 January 2019 (UTC)
A cup of coffee for you!Edit
|Thanks for convening the URAA revisited in 2019 discussion at the Copyright Village Pump. It is a complicated issue which requires community input and you gave a great explanation of what is at stake and how people should give feedback. Blue Rasberry (talk) 21:01, 27 January 2019 (UTC)|
Scans der UB HeidelbergEdit
 - Einige dieser Bilder haben wohl dasselbe Lizenzproblem. Wurde hier  gemeldet. Wie soll verfahren werden? Löschanträge, abwarten? UB Heidelberg und den Uploader User:Mutter_Erde habe ich informiert —MBq (talk) 07:37, 10 March 2019 (UTC)
Getting informed of recently added pictures in a categoryEdit
(Sorry, I have basic knowledge of English.)
I reed here you can help with this request.
Je souhaiterai suivre deux catégories.
- Category:Charleroi -> User:Jmh2o/recent uploads/Charleroi
- Category:Cultural heritage monuments in Wallonia -> User:Jmh2o/recent uploads/Wallonia
Merci d'avance et bien à toi.
- I've added those to User:OgreBot/gallery as requested. If you want me to adjust image sizes or days per gallery, let me know. Regards --Rosenzweig τ 10:55, 10 March 2019 (UTC)
Bonjour, j'ai l'impression qu'il y a des faux positifs dans le travail du bot. User:Jmh2o/recent uploads/Wallonia/2019 March 11-20 en date du 15 mars, j'ai des photos qui n'ont rien à voir avec Category:Cultural heritage monuments in Wallonia. Est-il possible de corriger ceci ? Merci d'avance pour votre réponse. --H2O(talk) 08:17, 16 March 2019 (UTC)
- Hello Jmh20,
- they are not false positives, but the result of multi-tier categorisation. According to https://tools.wmflabs.org/magog/category-files-blame.php, it goes like this:
File:School Strike for Climate in Wellington 36.jpg => Category:James Shaw (New Zealand politician) => Category:People of Wellington => Category:Wellington => Category:Things named after Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington => Category:Monuments and memorials to Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington => Category:Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington => Category:Military people in the Battle of Waterloo => Category:Battle of Waterloo => Category:Waterloo, Belgium => Category:Waterloo Battlefield locations => Category:Waterloo battlefield => Category:Cultural heritage monuments in Wallonia with known IDs => Category:Cultural heritage monuments in Wallonia
- And for an image from March 13:
File:ND 2 Mammutbäume Hoeberlinstraße 15, Stuttgart.jpg => Category:Sequoiadendron giganteum (cultivated) in Baden-Württemberg => Category:Sequoiadendron giganteum (cultivated) in Germany => Category:Sequoiadendron giganteum (cultivated) by country => Category:Sequoiadendron giganteum (cultivated) => Category:Sequoiadendron giganteum => Category:Things named after Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington => Category:Monuments and memorials to Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington => Category:Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington => Category:Military people in the Battle of Waterloo => Category:Battle of Waterloo => Category:Waterloo, Belgium => Category:Waterloo Battlefield locations => Category:Waterloo battlefield => Category:Cultural heritage monuments in Wallonia with known IDs => Category:Cultural heritage monuments in Wallonia
Commons:Deletion requests/File:Ali Mohammad Khademi Family.jpgEdit
The discussion on Commons:Deletion requests/File:Ali Mohammad Khademi Family.jpg has not ended yet but you have closed "part of" it. That is why KRDbot tried to archive the whole chapter. IMHO you should revert your edit. Gruesse. --E4024 (talk) 01:55, 16 March 2019 (UTC)
- Actually, those are two deletion requests on the same page, and the bot had archived the whole page before I ever had anything to do with it (I found the page as part of Commons:Deletion requests/Archive/2019/01/01). All I've done is some housekeeping: close the one DR where the file had already been deleted by someone else, remove the page from the archive and re-list it at Commons:Deletion requests/2019/01/01, where it still is. Regards --Rosenzweig τ 09:07, 16 March 2019 (UTC)
Creating File:Saudi Pro League Trophy.pngEdit
What could I do to use that image?
If I modify it, would it be my property?
- No, modifying it would not make it your property. To use it on Commons, you would need a valid permission from a creator / rights holder for that drawing to put it under a free license. Which likely won't happen for a commercially used image like that one. To use it on the English wikipedia, you might want to explore the possibilities they have there (not here) for the "fair use" of files. Regards --Rosenzweig τ 05:49, 15 April 2019 (UTC)
Commons:Deletion requests/Files in Category:Report of the Second Norwegian Arctic Expedition in the "Fram," 1898-1902Edit
This deletion has resulted in multiple broken links on multiple pages en.WS. The request was for someone to localize the file to en.WS, but this was not done. Who was contacted to move the file? --EncycloPetey (talk) 01:00, 25 April 2019 (UTC)
- I don't know. I just closed one of the oldest deletion request still open here, a DR that had been open for 6 months without any further comments since October 20, 2018. You'd think there would have been time enough to do the move. If you want to move the two files to en.ws, let me know, and I'll temporarily undelete them for that purpose. Regards -- Rosenzweig τ 11:43, 25 April 2019 (UTC)
- Wenn er "lange genug verstorben" ist, dann gib bitte seine bislang komplett fehlenden Lebensdaten an (und eine Quelle dafür). Außerdem sollte man wissen, aus welchem Land der Mann denn war, das wirkt sich womöglich auf die urheberrechtliche Beurteilung aus. Danke. Gruß --Rosenzweig τ 15:38, 30 April 2019 (UTC)