Commons:Deletion requests/File:Reykjavik Marathon 2011 (6070864962).jpg B dash (talk) 16:06, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
Commons:Deletion requests/File:Old Polish car (8020450223).jpg 184.108.40.206 18:31, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
Commons:Deletion requests/File:Hvordan lykkes med sjøtransport (3886397927).jpg Castillo blanco (talk) 06:36, 13 February 2019 (UTC)
Notice of upload removalEdit
The Wikimedia Foundation (“Wikimedia”) has taken down content that you posted at File:Estelle_Maersk.jpeg, File:File:Maersk_2011-09-23_1316804100_(6955076278).jpg due to Wikimedia’s receipt of a validly formulated notice that your posted content was infringing an existing copyright.
What Can You Do?
You are not obligated to take any action. However, if you feel that your content does not infringe upon any copyrights, you may contest the take down request by submitting a 'counter notice' to Wikimedia. Before doing so, you should understand your legal position, and you may wish to consult with an attorney.
Filing a Counter Notice
If you choose to submit a counter notice, you must send a letter asking Wikimedia to restore your content to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to our service processor at the following address: Wikimedia Foundation, c/o CT Corporation System, 818 West Seventh Street, Los Angeles, California, 90017. The letter must comply with DMCA standards, set out in Section (g)(3)(A-D), and must contain the following:
- A link to where the content was before we took it down and a description of the material that was removed;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- Your name, address, and phone number;
- If your address is in the United States, a statement that says “I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the district where my address is located, and I will accept service of process from the person who complained about the content I posted”; alternatively, if your address is outside the United States, a statement that says “I agree to accept service of process in any jurisdiction where the Wikimedia Foundation can be found, and I will accept service of process from the person who complained about the content I posted”; and finally,
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Pursuant to the DMCA, Wikimedia must inform the alleged copyright holder that you sent us a counter notice, and give the alleged copyright holder a copy of the counter notice. The alleged copyright holder will then have fourteen (14) business days to file a lawsuit against you to restrain Wikimedia from reposting the content. If Wikimedia does not receive proper notification that the alleged copyright holder has initiated such a lawsuit against you, we will repost your content within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days.
As a matter of policy and under appropriate circumstances, Wikimedia will block the accounts of repeat infringers as provided by Section 512(i)(1)(A) of the DMCA.
Wikimedia appreciates your support. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding this notice.
Commons:Deletion requests/File:The Man of Steel (3911407185).jpg AshFriday (talk) 23:59, 15 February 2019 (UTC)