This is a Wikimedia Commons user talk page.
This is not an article, file or the talk page of an article or file. If you find this page on any site other than the Wikimedia Commons you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than the Wikimedia Commons itself. The original page is located at.
This is the user talk page of Zhuyifei1999, where you can send messages and comments to Zhuyifei1999.
বিশ্বের সর্ববৃহৎ ছবি প্রতিযোগিতায় অংশ নিনEdit
Fixing incorrect files namesEdit
I’m facing some issues with files having typo errors. As I discovered that your bot is already removing spaces before file extensions, perhaps could you please add a new functionality?
The problem is that files names shouldn’t have:
- a space after the “(“
- a space before the “)”
- a space before the “.”
File:Albero Alto ( Huesca ) . - panoramio.jpg should be :
File:Albero Alto (Huesca). - panoramio.jpg.
As to avoid a few exceptions, I suggest to fix only files names having both “(“ and “)”. It could also usefull to have an exception-list.
Statistics I can provide are:
- intitle:/"(" +/ 1 342
- intitle:/ +")"/ 1 239
- intitle:/" ."/ (difficult to know if there are exception because of too many redirects that are probably unused and could be removed)
Is it something you can handle?
- I'm not sure if this follows Commons:File_renaming. I also don't know that my bot removes spaces. Perhaps it is the double file extension you are talking about regarding my bot? --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 17:46, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- This is exactly the same kind of typo error your are already fixing: Robot: Removing space.
- See also en:Wikipedia:Manual of Style#Brackets and parentheses: «There should be no space next to the inner side of a bracket.»
- --FDo64 (talk) 20:20, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Apparently that was a one-time run and agreed upon by multiple users. I think you should raise this to VP to see whether the community thinks this is okay according to the guideline.
- Enwiki MoS is enwiki's. Enwiki is not Common's only client and there may be other wikis that do not agree with this style of parenthesis. --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 21:06, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for your answers. I thought it was a permanent maintenance bot. I would have liked so much. I’m doing manually this kind of job for frwiki.
- I’m not familiar with Commons: I did not know what “VP” meant, apparently “Commons:Village pump”.
- So I will post a message in the VP and then in Commons:Bots/Work requests if agreed.
- Regards. --FDo64 (talk) 20:03, 16 September 2019 (UTC)