Open main menu

User talk:Steinsplitter

(Redirected from User talk:SteinsplitterBot)
Filing cabinet icon.svg
SpBot archives all sections tagged with {{Section resolved|1=~~~~}} . For the archive overview, see Archive/. The latest archive is located at Archive/2018.
This is a Wikimedia Commons user talk page.

This is not an article, file or the talk page of an article or file. If you find this page on any site other than the Wikimedia Commons you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than the Wikimedia Commons itself. The original page is located at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Steinsplitter.

This is the user talk page of Steinsplitter, where you can send messages and comments to Steinsplitter.
  • Please sign and date your entries by clicking on the appropriate button or by typing four tildes (~~~~) at the end.
  • Put new text under old text.
  • New to Wikimedia Commons? Welcome! Ask questions, get answers as soon as possible.
  • Click here to start a new topic.

বাংলা | български | čeština | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | English | español | français | hrvatski | italiano | 한국어 | മലയാളം | português | русский | sicilianu | 中文 | +/−

  • Be polite.
  • Be friendly.
  • Assume good faith.
  • No personal attacks.


Contents

[b]Edit

Conclusion: Cette série de facteurs explicatifs de l'acte d'exporta* est longue que ça sucite une sorte d'aménagem t pr mettre de l'ordre pour suivre effectivement quelles suitte les vrais amis déterminants la décision d'expo . Lr se faire,voyens comme t ce modèle arrive a précises le caméra . Lr se faire prise de décision de s'internationalisée. —Preceding unsigned comment was added by 41.248.58.83 (talk) 03:25, 8 March 2018 (UTC)

[b]Edit

Sect¤ 2 : Remarque : Jusqu'à présent le secteur mondiale sur la nationalité des demandés d'autres sites wibes et les d'autres languages die or bloquedes .El le faut ajoutés a la présence de madame madmosielle Emma Charlotte Duer Watson nationalité Francaise . —Preceding unsigned comment was added by 41.248.58.83 (talk) 03:31, 8 March 2018 (UTC)

CommonsDelinker SummaryEdit

Hi, last week i updated bn:ব্যবহারকারী:CommonsDelinker/summary-I18n but CommonsDelinker still use old summary. Do you know why & how can i fix it? Thanks. --Aftabuzzaman (talk) 17:59, 9 March 2018 (UTC)

@Magnus Manske: Eine Idee? Wegen dem Namensraum oder das Encoding?^^--Steinsplitter (talk) 18:02, 9 March 2018 (UTC)
Just for explanation: I updated because now mediawiki support more than 255 character for edit summary. Previously mediawiki supported only 93 character for bnwiki. --Aftabuzzaman (talk) 18:27, 9 March 2018 (UTC)
Maybe it is just a caching issue. But i have no time right now to look into. --Steinsplitter (talk) 18:46, 9 March 2018 (UTC)

Request for UnblockEdit

One of your blocks (user:Falconfly) is requesting unblock as OTRS Ticket:2018030510012411, as he cannot edit his talk page. Would you like to answer? Ronhjones  (Talk) 00:42, 11 March 2018 (UTC)

@Ronhjones: He was rude to other users, misused his talkpage access, was disruptive (personal attacks included, not going to link), made legal legal threats. Therefore i don't think he should be unblocked and it talkpage access shouldn't be restored neither, because he abused it in the past. CC: @Ankry, Jeff G., FunkMonk: Last but not least: He is currently blocked on 4 wikis. --Steinsplitter (talk) 08:32, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
He is pretty unrepentant. See my English Wikipedia talk page.[1] FunkMonk (talk) 10:55, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
No problem. I'll reply Ronhjones  (Talk) 16:16, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
@Ronhjones, FunkMonk, and Steinsplitter: Please do not unblock without a full apology to each person offended, including me.   — Jeff G. ツ please ping or talk to me 19:11, 11 March 2018 (UTC)

FrageEdit

Hallo Steinsplitter, könntest Du mir bitte darüber Auskunft geben, ob diese Seite flickr2commons in Bearbeitung ist oder eine neue Seite verfügbar ist, um Bilder von Flickr in commons zu stellen. Dank für Deine Mühe und Grüße. Orchi (talk) 12:20, 11 March 2018 (UTC)

Die Seite sollte eigendlich funktonieren. --Steinsplitter (talk) 12:28, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
...danke für den Hinweis. Offensichtlich streikt diese Seite auf meinem (immer) benutzten Browser opera 12.18 seit einigen Tagen. Z.B. im Firefox öffnet sich die Seite. Gruß. Orchi (talk) 14:01, 11 March 2018 (UTC)

File:En-us-world.ogaEdit

Thank you for the quick renaming. There is one little but. The extension is ogg, not oga. If u like to change that too, I'll be thankful! --SE (talk) 17:44, 11 March 2018 (UTC)

@Dsm.wiki: Hi, The correct one is .oga as per https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5334.txt --Steinsplitter (talk) 18:01, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
Yes, but Wiktionary doesn't support that yet. So could you change that? --SE (talk) 19:15, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
@Dsm.wiki: Not really, MediaWiki:Gadget-AjaxQuickDelete.js (switch at line 1125) enforces the oga when moving such files. But it should work on Wiktionary, at lest for me it work there. Do you have a example where it does not work? --Steinsplitter (talk) 19:22, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
I think, it's working. It was the extension. I forgot to change it. Is this now the replacement of .ogg? If so, they need to replace that too in all of the articles, unless it will not die any time soon? --SE (talk) 19:43, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
It should work without replacing as well, and it will not die any time soon. :) --Steinsplitter (talk) 14:52, 12 March 2018 (UTC)

Template:Extracted fromEdit

Servus. Weißt du, was da passiert ist? Kommt das evtl. aus Fallback? De728631 (talk) 21:34, 11 March 2018 (UTC)

Hmm, jetzt funktioniert es wieder. Da wurde kurzfristig in dem fertigen Template Wikicode angezeigt, der irgendwas mit LangSwitch zu tun hatte. Halt eine Abfrage für Sprachen. De728631 (talk) 22:03, 11 March 2018 (UTC)

FilterhilfeEdit

Hallo Steinsplitter, kannst du mir bitte mal helfen? Ich hab mich getraut, mal Special:AbuseFilter/171 zu editieren, und eigentlich hätte er File:Download link.png finden sollen. Hat er aber nicht. Schau doch gelegentlich mal drüber, danke! Gruß, --Achim (talk) 21:02, 12 March 2018 (UTC)

@Achim55: Ich dachte erst mw liest den regex nicht richtig (weil deiner funktioniert), habe dann gesehen das user_age = 0 gesetzt ist. Desshalb wird der edit nicht getaggt. Also, aktuell werden nur anon edits getaggt. Ich glaube das sollte man auf neue Nutzer ausweiten? --Steinsplitter (talk) 12:20, 13 March 2018 (UTC)
Danke, hat geklappt. --Achim (talk) 14:26, 13 March 2018 (UTC)

File:Bundesverwaltungsgericht, Leipzig, 180222, ako.jpgEdit

Hi, not sure what you tried to achieve here. The file is currently in Category:Files with no machine-readable license. This category has to be checked regularly (about every week) by hand, file by file, because many files that are uploaded without a license are not detected by the bots. So if we allow files with a valid license to be in that category, we are basically frustrating the process of detecting files without a valid license. Jcb (talk) 15:40, 13 March 2018 (UTC)

@Jcb: See my comment here. Plese don't create DR's (Commons:Deletion requests/File:Bundesverwaltungsgericht, Leipzig, 180222, ako.jpg) to make a COM:POINT. Maybe your behavior should be discussed at AN/U. --Steinsplitter (talk) 16:01, 13 March 2018 (UTC)
How do licenses qualify as machine-readable?   — Jeff G. ツ please ping or talk to me 16:55, 13 March 2018 (UTC)
You have to add some markers to the license template, so that other tools can read it. --Steinsplitter (talk) 17:00, 13 March 2018 (UTC)

Vielen Dank für Deine Hilfe hier! --Code (talk) 18:30, 13 March 2018 (UTC)

First structured licensing conversation on CommonsEdit

Greetings,

The first conversation about structured copyright and licensing for Structured Data on Commons has been posted, please come by and participate. The discussion will be open through the end of the month (March). Thank you. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 17:26, 16 March 2018 (UTC)

Bot failing - bug fix neededEdit

Please see https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Autonomous_bus_trials_South_Perth_-_3.ogv your bot in the process of renaming files has mixed up descriptions, corrupted a video file and lost another. All about 12 months ago, it'll need to fixed and and checked to make sure it hasnt done similar things with other files Gnangarra 02:32, 20 March 2018 (UTC)

@Gnangarra: Something got wrong during the move on the server side (media wiki file storage backend), you have to report it at phabricator: because it needs a fix upstream, there is nothing i can do. --Steinsplitter (talk) 11:40, 20 March 2018 (UTC)

Category:Photographs by Vinayaraj V REdit

I was adding this user category, Category:Photographs by Vinayaraj V R to files created by User:Vinayaraj on his request. But he has 30,510 "own works" and search is not working after 10,000. This is the second time I faced this problem after Category:Photographs by Dinesh Valke when you helped me with your bot. It will be very helpful if you can add the remaining files to his category, Category:Photographs by Vinayaraj V R. Jee 14:40, 20 March 2018 (UTC)

Did a few, will do the rest tomorrow. --Steinsplitter (talk) 19:21, 20 March 2018 (UTC)
Thanks! Jee 02:38, 21 March 2018 (UTC)
@Jkadavoor: Done. --Steinsplitter (talk) 11:40, 22 March 2018 (UTC)
Thanks again! This is very helpful. Jee 13:09, 22 March 2018 (UTC)

User:ArbaleteEdit

Hallo Stein, ein IP-Benutzer aus Italien hat sich mehrfach über die Umbenennungen beschwert, die Arbalete auf Commons vorgenommen hat. Es gab dazu einen Thread auf COM/AN, der aber im Sand verlaufen ist, sowie eine kurze Nachricht auf dem Vandalismusboard. Nun hat der IP-Nutzer u. a. Taivo und mich persönlich kontaktiert. Da es zu dem Problem offenbar eine Vorgeschichte mit Sockenpuppen und Sperrungen auf ITWIKI gibt, sind wir der Meinung, dass du wegen deiner Sprachkenntnisse eventuell die Sache auf Commons untersuchen solltest. Und weil deine Disk-Seite geschützt ist, kann sich der anonyme Kollege nicht selbst melden. Was meinst du dazu? De728631 (talk) 15:27, 22 March 2018 (UTC)

Hi, Muss mich da erst einlesen, kann etwas dauern. --Steinsplitter (talk) 16:05, 22 March 2018 (UTC)
Bei Cirié/Ciriè hat meine recherche ergeben das de-jure Cirié und de-facto Ciriè 1. Ist tricky, eb nimmt È. Bei Presseaussendungen der Gemeinden wird é verwendet. Die Vorgeschichte muss ich erst lesen. --Steinsplitter (talk) 16:23, 22 March 2018 (UTC)
@Steinsplitter: I'm now able to contact you in your talk, I was told you're an admin who can deal with Italian linguistic issues. Well, I'll explain here: first, Arbalete is an Italian vandal who was blocked for damaging Wikipedia to sustain his opinions and who anonymised himself with German IPs again and again to bypass the block but was blocked again and again; second, despite in all projects Cirié has always been spelled like that and despite Cirié is the correct spelling which is used in the municipal site (Città di Cirié) and even in the municipal statute (Statuto del Comune di Cirié), Arbalete has arbitrarily and without consulting anyone moved all the categories and files with this name to Ciriè, changing the accent because, either from his "point of view" (POV) or because of his lack of knowledge about Italian language conventions, he sustains that every Italian name ending with accented E must have the grave accent, which would mean that no Italian name with the stress on final E can have the sound /e/, which is not only false but also absurd... What do you think about these 2 issues, that is this vandal's behaviour and the correctness of the sourced spelling Cirié?
2A01:7C8:AAAE:2B3:4890:8C4:91BA:B2D6 09:39, 23 March 2018 (UTC)

@De728631, Taivo: I've done as you advised me, I asked Steinsplitter for help because he should be able to deal with such issues... Well, you've been more helpful than him just saying you couldn't help me: at least you both bothered to reply my messages. 2A01:7C8:AAAE:2B3:85FD:C990:DE33:6BB7 08:00, 26 March 2018 (UTC)

@Ruthven, .snoopy.: Likely the filemove performed by Arbalete should be reverted, as well as the category moved. At least the cat moved should be reverted and discussed at CFD. --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:49, 26 March 2018 (UTC)
As you said, "Cirié/Ciriè" is tricky, but the same happened with Category:Portobuffolè/Category:Portobuffolé (where he might be right, given the sources), Baselga di Piné (where he's not right at all), etc. I'm checking and, eventually, reverting. Thanks --Ruthven (msg) 14:26, 26 March 2018 (UTC)
Actually I've noticed that he's Filemover. How do you suggest to proceed, in order to remove this flag? --Ruthven (msg) 14:35, 26 March 2018 (UTC)
Not sure. Needless to say that he never provides a reason when moving files as required by COM:RENAME. --Steinsplitter (talk) 14:55, 26 March 2018 (UTC)

User:HHubiEdit

Der final gesperrte User:HHubi macht als IP 84.63.29.92 lustig weiter. Der sitzt in Köln in einer Behörde hat da wohl unzählige Kommputer zur Verfügung. Ich weiß nichtz ob und wie man dem beikommen kann! --Centenier

@Centenier: Habe die IP gesperrt, kannst du schauen ob man etwas revertieren muss? Wenn weitere IP's kommen bitte melden, vielecht kann man es irgendwie filtern. --Steinsplitter (talk) 17:11, 27 March 2018 (UTC)
wenn notwendig (und wenn ich was finde - ist nicht einfach, weil der ständig die IP Adresse wechselt) mach ich das mit dem revertieren. Der agiert hauptsächlich in den Abbildungen von Rangabzeichen - bevorzugt russische! -- Centenier (talk) 06:21, 28 March 2018 (UTC)

File:Tuebingen_Streuobstwiese.jpgEdit

I noticed the bot has rotated File:Tuebingen_Streuobstwiese.jpg from its correct orientation to the wrong orientation. Please undo this. 141.143.213.37 14:26, 28 March 2018 (UTC)

Reverted. --Steinsplitter (talk) 15:06, 28 March 2018 (UTC)
Report is back. --Steinsplitter (talk) 10:37, 4 April 2018 (UTC)

User:SteinsplitterBot/Previously deleted filesEdit

One of my favourite pages, and seems to have stalled :-( Ronhjones  (Talk) 13:42, 2 April 2018 (UTC)

Looks like the mysql server is really slow and connection to mysql server is lost. We have to wait until the server recovers. --Steinsplitter (talk) 15:54, 2 April 2018 (UTC)

Request to contact STL viewer developersEdit

Hi Steinsplitter,

As you wrote about STL now being supported by Wikimedia, I wonder if you could point me to the relevant person(s) about a possible bug in the Wikimedia model viewer. I'd posted the following on the Computer help-desk but didn't get any replies:

I created a few STL files below and found that artifacts appear in the Wikimedia viewer and occasionally the thumbnail. I've checked that the direction of facet vertices is anticlockwise, the normals are sensible and polygons are not duplicated. It seems to happen more where the polyhedron is thin. All these polyhedra render correctly on http://viewstl.com . Would anyone know how to fix these artifacts?

Thanks,
cmɢʟee ⋅τaʟκ 15:08, 2 April 2018 (UTC)

@Cmglee: Bugs can be reported at phabricator:, best --Steinsplitter (talk) 15:46, 2 April 2018 (UTC)
Thanks, Steinsplitter. I've done so:

cmɢʟee ⋅τaʟκ 00:15, 4 April 2018 (UTC)

Structured Data on Commons Newsletter - Spring 2018Edit

Welcome to the newsletter for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons! You can update your subscription to the newsletter and contribute to the next issue. Do inform others who you think will want to be involved in the project!

Community updates
  • Our dedicated IRC channel: wikimedia-commons-sd webchat
  • Several Commons community members are working on ways to integrate Wikidata in Wikimedia Commons. While this is not full-fledged structured data yet, this work helps to prepare for future conversion of data, and helps to understand how Wikidata and Commons can work better together.
Things to do / input and feedback requests
Discussions held
Events
Partners and allies
  • We are still welcoming (more) staff from GLAMs (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums) to become part of our long-term focus group (phabricator task T174134). You will be kept in the loop of the project, and receive regular small surveys and requests for feedback. Get in touch with Sandra if you're interested - your input in helping to shape this project is highly valued!
Research
Development
  • Prototypes will be available for Multilingual Captions soon.
Stay up to date!

-- Keegan (WMF) (talk)

Message sent by MediaWiki message delivery - 19:48, 3 April 2018 (UTC)

Bot requestEdit

Hi stein, i would like to have your bot For statistics, archive and minor maintainance on MrWp. Will you like to help? --✝iѵɛɳ२२४०†ลℓк †๏ мэ 05:19, 5 April 2018 (UTC)

Hi, Statistic scripts are currently designed for Commons only, but with other stuff i may help if you do the necessary paperwork there :). --Steinsplitter (talk) 11:17, 5 April 2018 (UTC)
Yeah I will do whatever necessary needed just get in touch with me on local wiki talkpage. --✝iѵɛɳ२२४०†ลℓк †๏ мэ 14:07, 5 April 2018 (UTC)

Delete my page please.Edit

[[:File:James Duncan Graham.png]] already existed, see Category:James Duncan Graham.--Eddie891 (talk) 20:30, 8 April 2018 (UTC)

You may tag duplicates using {{duplicate}}. --Steinsplitter (talk) 18:20, 10 April 2018 (UTC)

Image rotation botEdit

Can you please exclude THIS IMAGE from being rotated. The original in the publication is upright, and we strive to display how it was depicted originally. Thank you. — Ineuw talk 14:25, 12 April 2018 (UTC)

@Ineuw: Please talk to FunkMonk. Thanks. --Steinsplitter (talk) 14:27, 12 April 2018 (UTC)

Possible abuse filter requestEdit

Hi Steinsplitter. I noticed that you do a lot of abuse filter work and I was wondering what your thoughts are on creating a filter, just to log right now, that looks for people using alamy as a {{copyvio}} deletion reason? This is per Commons:Village pump/Proposals#Add alamy.com to spam blacklist. Obviously the spam blacklist is not going to happen as that would not be appropriate. We also don't have any data on how often this problem occurs so just having a log right now would be immensely helpful. I'm trying to find a middle ground that will please both sides here and I think a filter might do the trick. Thoughts? --Majora (talk) 19:49, 14 April 2018 (UTC)

We have limited ABF condition therefore i am not a fan of such filters. --Steinsplitter (talk) 07:33, 15 April 2018 (UTC)
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you mean. Do you mean there isn't enough limiting there to make a filter worthwhile? Or that it would be a waste of resources? I'm more just looking to see if this is really such a big problem as it is being made out to be. We have no data on this issue. Just some passing problems mentioned at the pump. Do you have any other suggestions as to how we could potentially see if this is as large a problem as it is being made out to be? --Majora (talk) 16:32, 15 April 2018 (UTC)
It would be indeed a wast of resources, see Commons:Abuse filter#Filter_requests, mw:Extension:AbuseFilter/Conditions. --Steinsplitter (talk) 16:35, 15 April 2018 (UTC)

Bad Flickr accountsEdit

Please also add 76343652@N04. (Commons:Deletion requests/File:Sikes, Frank headshot cropped.jpg, several others as well) Is there some way to report bad Flickr users or is what I'm doing now the way? - Alexis Jazz 20:30, 14 April 2018 (UTC)

Added, Request can be placed here: User talk:FlickreviewR/bad-authors --Steinsplitter (talk) 07:35, 15 April 2018 (UTC)

Sperrumgehung User:HHubiEdit

siehe IP:178.1.190.251! (File:1904ossr01-02.png und weitere) -- Centenier (talk) 11:14, 15 April 2018 (UTC)

Gesperrt. --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:45, 15 April 2018 (UTC)

QuestionEdit

How do I add my own information

Duplicate OTRS by SteinsplitterBotEdit

https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Wheel_nr_1_bagside.JPG&diff=244477166&oldid=226401285

Don't know if this issue still exists. (no idea how I could search for it, found this by accident) - Alexis Jazz 12:44, 19 April 2018 (UTC)

Tickets internally merged. --Steinsplitter (talk) 12:49, 19 April 2018 (UTC)

Irgendwas stimmt nicht mit der HauptseiteEdit

Hi. Mir scheint, irgendwas stimmt nicht mit der Hauptseite. Zurzeit steht in der Überschrift ziemlich ungeordnet "Wikimedia Commons a collection of 46,303,385 freely usable media files to which anyone can contribute". Bis vor kurzem stand dort "Welcome to Wikimedia Commons" und weiter mit neuer Zeile -- so wie auf diesem Screenshot. Nach der Änderung, die das ausgelöst haben muss, habe ich leider vergeblich gesucht. Hast du eine Idee? Thx --A.Savin 22:40, 19 April 2018 (UTC)

Scheint repariert zu sein -- wiederum keine Ahnung von wem und wie. --A.Savin 00:13, 20 April 2018 (UTC)
Steinsplitter, meine Anfrage in COM:AN war ja nicht so richtig erfolgreich. Da nun in meta:Tech/News/2018/18 bestätigt wird, dass ich keiner Fata Morgana aufgesessen bin (versehentliche Aktivierung von RemexHtml), kannst Du so nett sein und dir das doch noch einmal ansehen? Vgl. Commons:Administrators'_noticeboard/Archive 68#Fix main page template. Wenigstens der Basisfix müsste durchgeführt werden, bevor die angekündigte Änderung wirklich kommt. — Speravir – 21:16, 30 April 2018 (UTC)

Anfrage für Deinen BotEdit

Tach, Steinsplitter, ist Dein Bot zu Folgendem in der Lage (und wenn nicht, wen könnte ich stattdessen fragen   Commons:Bots/Work requests — Speravir – 18:02, 20 April 2018 (UTC)):

  • In allen Seiten, die in Category:Pages with incorrect usage of Template:Published sortiert sind, nach der dort vorhandenen Vorlage {{Published}} suchen – die kann auch mehrmals pro Seite vorkommen – und in jeder Vorlagenverwendung kontrollieren, ob der Parameter legal gesetzt wurde. Nachtrag: Falss das ein Problem sein könnte: Es gibt auch 3 Weiterleitungen auf die Vorlage: {{Online source}}, {{Press}} und {{Reused}}. — – 17:54, 20 April 2018 (UTC)
  • Wenn er fehlt, dann |legal = unclear setzen, als Bearbeitungsvermerk sowas wie „fixed template“ oder konkreter „added missing template parameter“ oder so in der Art.

Dann müsste man (vulgo ich) sich manuell nur noch den Fällen widmen, wo der Parameter zwar gesetzt ist, aber mit fehlerhaften Werten (ich habe zum Beispiel einmal gesehen, dass jemand die Kopiervorlage unverändert belassen hat) oder ein Parameter ab legal2 oder defekt ist oder fehlt. — Speravir – 17:45, 20 April 2018 (UTC)

Hi, Werde versuchen es die nächten Tage zu erledigen. lg--Steinsplitter (talk) 17:55, 20 April 2018 (UTC)
@Speravir: Habe mir das Problem heute angeschaut. Sollte der Parameter nicht optional sein? Es ist mir momentan einfach zu zeitaufwändig hierfür ein Script zu coden, sorry. --Steinsplitter (talk) 15:26, 21 April 2018 (UTC)
Trotzdem danke. Nein, der Parameter ist nicht optional, siehe Vorlagen-Doku und erstes der Beispiele dort, wie das dann aussieht. — Speravir – 16:12, 21 April 2018 (UTC)
Ich habe jetzt eine Anfrage in Commons:Bots/Work requests gestellt. — Speravir – 16:47, 21 April 2018 (UTC)

Multilingual captions testing is availableEdit

Greetings,

The early prototype for multilingual caption support is available for testing. More information on how to sign up to test is on Commons. Thanks, happy editing to you. - Keegan (WMF) (talk) 17:06, 24 April 2018 (UTC)

Nur mal so...Edit

eine Frage. Diese Abbildung   ist so völlig unkorrekt dargestellt, es fehlen doch einige gravierende Attribute, wie im Unterscheid dazu hier   zu sehen ist. Reicht da eine speedy Löschung oder muss da eine regelrechte Löschung beantragt werden? Servus, -- Centenier (talk) 06:54, 28 April 2018 (UTC)

Glaube ist besser du öffnest nen Löschantrag. --Steinsplitter (talk) 19:04, 28 April 2018 (UTC)

不知道怎么添加国旗的图片Edit

能不能添加一下国际组织的图片。

— Preceding unsigned comment added by 童话的城市 (talk • contribs) 14:41, 26 April 2018 (UTC)

{{Communist symbol}}Edit

Hey, I would like to know why {{Communist symbol}} is an incorrect tag for these images? (which you've recently reverted my addition to).

Thanks, Waddie96 (talk) 19:15, 28 April 2018 (UTC)

Hey @Waddie96:, I don't think photos of propaganda are de-jure "communist symbols" it is matter of interpretation, it depends in which context they are used (see judicature in affected country's). Tagging such files would require us to add this disclaimer to then thousands of commons files and not just a few one. In general there is no danger in re-using such files in a educational context inside the EU and the US (for example in a scientific paper). Best --Steinsplitter (talk) 08:11, 29 April 2018 (UTC)

runway photoEdit

Why if I may ask did you not use my name on the runway photo? --Don (talk) 07:57, 29 April 2018 (UTC)

Hi @WPPilot:, Do you have a link? If i remember correctly, i never re-used your work. Best --Steinsplitter (talk) 08:16, 29 April 2018 (UTC)

It is on the cover/main page.. --Don (talk) 18:17, 29 April 2018 (UTC)

Ah, It was not added by me there. You have to ask on the relevant talkpage. --Steinsplitter (talk) 06:47, 1 May 2018 (UTC)

User:Manwe12Edit

Ich kann mich irren, aber es sieht so aus, als sei A3cb1 mal wieder da. De728631 (talk) 21:52, 29 April 2018 (UTC)

Das ist er zweifelsohne. Gesperrt. --Steinsplitter (talk) 12:11, 30 April 2018 (UTC)

DelinkerEdit

Hallo, ich mal wieder. Der Delinker läuft zwar, hat aber seit gestern Mittag die CDC nicht mehr gelesen. Gruß, --Achim (talk) 19:59, 6 May 2018 (UTC)

Hallo, Ist nun behoben. lg --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:07, 12 May 2018 (UTC)

Wiki Loves AfricaEdit

The Wiki Loves Africa 2017 photographic contest is officially closed. Thank you all for your participation !

This year, the photographic competition has resulted in an amazing 18,294 image uploads to Commons around the theme People at Work.
International winners have been announced !!! Check it out on Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2017/Winners. Congratulations to winners and all those who participated and organised events. More national winners are yet to be announced.
Please follow us on Facebook to know more and stay informed next year.

There are several fun ways you can help us to make the impact of Wiki Loves Africa stronger:

  • Add more categories to your images so that people will find them to use them in articles ... you can see how to do this here: Quick Guide to Categories on Commons
  • Improve the images description to make them easier to understand and reuse.
  • Add your image to a relevant Wikipedia article, i.e. if your image shows a tailor sewing, then add the image to an article on Sewing or Tailors - this allows readers to see different global perspectives of a universal subject. You can see how to do this here: How to insert images into Wikipedia using WikiText
  • If there is no article that reflects the subject of your images, then start an article about that subject. If you are a new editor, you can see how to do that here: Creating your first article
  • Add more images - you can add more images or media that reflect interesting and encyclopedic subjects in your immediate community.
  • Use the images produced during the contest. Here is a short link to the best ones : c:Category:Best images from Wiki Loves Africa 2017

We look forward to seeing your contributions!!

Warmest,

Anthere for the Wiki Loves Africa Team


Le concours Wiki Loves Africa 2017 est officiellement fermé. Merci d'avoir participé !
Cette année, le concours photo Wiki Loves Africa 2017 a permis l'ajout de 18,294 photos à Wikimedia Commons sur le thème Les gens au travail, une participation en très forte augmentation par rapport aux années précédentes.
Les gagnants ont été annoncés !!! Voir tous les résultats sur Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2017/Winners. Félicitations aux gagnants mais aussi à tous les participants ainsi qu'aux organisateurs d'évènements. Des gagnants nationaux doivent encore être annoncés.
Suivez nos actualités sur Facebook pour en savoir plus et être informés du prochain concours.

Le projet se veut une célébration de la diversité visuelle de l'Afrique sur Wikipédia et ses projets frères. Vous pouvez augmenter l'impact de Wiki Loves Africa des façons suivantes:

  • Fournir d'avantage de photos !
  • Ajouter des catégories à vos images afin que les utilisateurs les trouvent plus facilement. Voici comment faire: Commons:Catégories.
  • Vous pouvez également améliorer les descriptions de vos images pour faciliter leur compréhension et leur réutilisation.
  • Ajouter vos images dans un article existant sur Wikipédia.
  • S'il n'existe aucun article correspondant à ce qu'illustre votre photo, pourquoi ne pas envisager de créer un nouvel article sur Wikipedia ?
  • Vous pouvez même rejoindre un groupe d'utilisateurs locaux. Vous pouvez trouver les groupes déjà existant ici: groupes Wikimedia en Afrique
  • Utilisez les meilleures images produites pendant le concours. Voici un lien vers les meilleures : c:Category:Best images from Wiki Loves Africa 2017

Merci encore pour vos contributions.

Anthere pour l'équipe Wiki Loves Africa.

مسابقة التصوير الفوتوغرافي ويكي تهوى إفريقيا 2017 رسميًا مغلقة . شكرا لكم على مشاركتكم !

في هذا العام ، أسفرت مسابقة التصوير الفوتوغرافي عن تحميلات مذهلة للصور بلغ عددها 18،294 إلى كومنز حول موضوع الناس في العمل.

تم الإعلان عن الفائزين الدوليين !!! شاهد ذلك على كومنز: ويكي تهوى إفريقيا 2017 / الفائزين. تهانينا للفائزين وجميع من شاركوا في الفعاليات التي نظمت. المزيد من الفائزين الوطنيين لم يعلن بعد. يرجى متابعتنا على فيسبوك لمعرفة المزيد من االأخبار والبقاء على اطلاع للسنة المقبلة .

هناك العديد من الطرق الممتعة التي يمكنك مساعدتنا في جعل ويكي تهوى إفريقيا أقوى تأثيرا:

  • أضف المزيد من التصانيف إلى صورك حتى يعثر عليها المستخدمون لإستعمالها في المقالات... يمكنك أن ترى كيفية القيام بذلك هنا: الدليل السريع التصانيف في كومنز
  • قم بتحسين وصف الصور لتسهيل فهمها وإعادة استخدامها.
  • أضف صورتك إلى مقالة في ويكيبيديا ذات صلة، أي إذا كانت صورتك تعرض خياطة مخصصة ، أضف الصورة إلى مقالة عن الخياطة أو الخياطة - وهذا يتيح للقراء رؤية مشاهد عالمية مختلفة لموضوع عالمي. يمكنك أن ترى كيفية القيام بذلك هنا: كيفية إدراج الصور في ويكيبيديا باستخدام ويكي نص
  • إذا لم تكن هناك مقالة تعكس موضوع صورك ، فقم ببدء مقال حول هذا الموضوع. إذا كنت محررًا جديدًا ، يمكنك مشاهدة كيفية القيام بذلك هنا: إنشاء مقالتك الأولى.
  • إضافة المزيد من الصور - يمكنك إضافة المزيد من الصور أو الوسائط التي تعكس مواضيع مثيرة للاهتمام وموسوعية في مجتمعك المباشر.
  • استخدم الصور المنتجة خلال المسابقة. هنا رابط قصير لأفضلها أفضل الصور من ويكي تهوى إفريقيا

نحن شغوفون إلى رؤية مساهماتك !!

تحياتنا ،

أنتير من فريق ويكي تهوى إفريقيا

Category:CS-TJA of aircraft!Edit

Hi! Please move the Category:CS-TJA of aircraft back to its original place Category:CS-TJA (aircraft) [2] Many thanks -- Meisam (talk) 14:32, 16 May 2018 (UTC)

Hi, Can you please contact Ruthven? I cannot revert CFD decisions. Best --Steinsplitter (talk) 15:17, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
It is not a CfD decision. You bot moved the Category:CS-TJA (aircraft) to Category:CS-TJA of aircraft by mistake. "aircraft" is not an airline name! -- Meisam (talk) 15:41, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
Please contat the user who request the rename. And yes, there was a CFD: Commons:Categories for discussion/2012/07/Category:Aircraft by airline --Steinsplitter (talk) 17:18, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
Please take a look at Category:Aircraft by registration. You used your bot on a category which was not part of the discussion. "You" are the responsible one for your bot's mistakes. -- Meisam (talk) 17:34, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
@Meisam: The move was requested via COM:CDC. Please follow due procedure and contact the admin who requested/approved the move. Again: I am not going to revert other admins decisions. I have nothing to add. CC: @Ruthven: --Steinsplitter (talk) 17:40, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
I did some checks, and the name seems to be indeed wrong to me. I reverted it for now... --Steinsplitter (talk) 17:52, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
Thanks again. I understand that you get tons of requests like this all the time. But please read properly before dismissing them. Cheers! -- Meisam (talk) 18:04, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
Thank you Steinplitter, it was a mistake indeed. This CfD implied a very big set of changes, and it's normal that something escaped our vigilance. Cheers, Ruthven (msg) 18:51, 16 May 2018 (UTC)

request: support mirroring in addition to rotationEdit

in addition to rotation, sometimes image mirroring is needed (see multiple requests in MediaWiki talk:Gadget-RotateLink.js). the standard answer for these request is "first, teach the bot to mirror, then we can add it to the gadget" (or something similar). can this bot learn to mirror images, as a "special case" of rotation?

peace - קיפודנחש (talk) 18:26, 17 May 2018 (UTC)

Hi, Adding a feature for mirroring images is currently not planned. Best --Steinsplitter (talk) 18:45, 17 May 2018 (UTC)

Photos deletedEdit

Hello, you deleted some photos from the Robert Sward wikipedia page. I am Robert Sward and would like your help restoring them. I own the photos. Thanks! 23:29, 18 June 2018 (UTC)

— Preceding unsigned comment added by RobertSward (talk • contribs) 22:33, 21 May 2018 (UTC)

Please help!

— Preceding unsigned comment added by RobertSward (talk • contribs)
@RobertSward: Please send permission to COM:OTRS. Thanks. --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:49, 19 June 2018 (UTC)

How can I prove who took the photo? I don't understand what information I need. RobertSward (talk) 23:13, 19 June 2018 (UTC)

Help with CampaignEdit

Hi! Can you take a look to Commons:Administrators'_noticeboard#Upload_Campaign:vaz? You help me before with another campaign, that's why I reach you again for help. Thanks. Sahaquiel - Hast du eine Frage?   17:24, 31 May 2018 (UTC)

Hi @Sahaquiel9102: Are you familiar with the campaign config? I can grant you temporary permission to set it up. Best --Steinsplitter (talk) 17:53, 31 May 2018 (UTC)
More or less. I'm not an expert but I can copy & past from our past contests and change the dates. --Sahaquiel - Hast du eine Frage?   00:21, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
Done. --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:26, 1 June 2018 (UTC)

Deletion of imagesEdit

Hi!

Just noticed that you deleted this pic uploaded by Ahmed Nisar. While I am not sure about the copyright issues of other pics, I guess this is one could be okay because the user attended Wikimania 2015 in Mexico. --Muzammil (talk) 12:48, 2 June 2018 (UTC)

Hi, I restored the file in question. The other uploads seems to be not in line with COM:L. --Steinsplitter (talk) 12:57, 2 June 2018 (UTC)
  Thank you for the speedy action. --Muzammil (talk) 18:42, 2 June 2018 (UTC)

OTRSEdit

Hallo Steinsplitter, ich weiss nicht ob ich hier bei diesem Bild die Prozedur Richtig gemacht habe. Hier das mail des Fotografen Jeffry Fasano das ich weitergeschickt habe.

Wolfgang This is Jeff Fasano and I am the photographer of the image Bruce Sudano would like to use on Wikipedia. He has my permission to use this image. Thank you so much Peace Jeff JEFF FASANO PHOTOGRAPHY Revealing the Soul’s Essence www.JeffFasano.com 646-262-0686 Danke + LG --Wolfgang Moroder (talk) 10:26, 4 June 2018 (UTC)

Hi @Moroder: Es ist so, das der Urheber direkt eine Freigabe an's OTRS senden muss, und jene muss die Lizenz etc. enthalten ansonst ist die Freigabe nicht valide. Am besten du bittest ihn Template:Email templates/Consent/en auszufüllen und zu versenden. Aufgrund des Urheberrechts ist eine solche Prozedur leider notwendig. lg --Steinsplitter (talk) 11:16, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
Danke! --Wolfgang Moroder (talk) 06:51, 5 June 2018 (UTC)

Rotatebot problemEdit

File:Electric traction for railway trains; a book for students, electrical and mechanical engineers, superintendents of motive power and others (1911) (14778626643).jpg

Rotated, then kept doing it, without removing the request tag. Andy Dingley (talk) 00:08, 5 June 2018 (UTC)

@Andy Dingley: Thanks for reporting. The issue ("bug" in regex pattern) is fixed. Best --Steinsplitter (talk) 14:07, 5 June 2018 (UTC)

Übersetzungsbenachrichtigung: Template:Biosphere Reserve/i18nEdit

Hallo Steinsplitter,

du erhältst diese E-Mail, da du dich als Übersetzer für Deutsch bei Wikimedia Commons registriert hast.

Die Seite Template:Biosphere Reserve/i18n ist zum Übersetzen vorhanden. Du kannst sie hier übersetzen:

Übersetzungspriorität dieser Seite: hoch.


This month the UNESCO Wiki Loves Earth photo contest takes place. For this photo contest we need an small update in the file marker template. Thank you!

Deine Hilfe bei der Übersetzung wird sehr geschätzt. Übersetzer wie du helfen dabei, dass Wikimedia Commons eine wirklich mehrsprachige Gemeinschaft ist.

Du kannst deine Einstellungen zu Benachrichtigungen ändern.

Vielen Dank,

die Übersetzungskoordinatoren von Wikimedia Commons‎, 09:42, 13 June 2018 (UTC)

Stained glass windowsEdit

Hi, Steinsplitter. I see your bot is redirecting all categories containing the phrase "stained glass windows" to similar categories with "stained-glass windows". I have no quarrel with this, there are good grammatical reasons for it. However it's also redirecting other categories where "stained glass" stands by itself, not as an adjectival phrase qualifying "windows", and in these cases it's taking perfectly good grammar and turning it bad. The categories I'm talking about are:

Category:Elizabeth Woodville on stained glass
Category:Edmund the Martyr on stained glass
Category:Saint Etheldreda on stained glass
Category:Elizabeth I of England on stained glass
Category:Monstrances on stained glass
Category:Elizabeth of York on stained glass
Category:Dagobert I on stained glass
Category:Coats of arms of Lorraine on stained glass

I'm not sure if changing them all manually is as simple as it might appear at first glance, being as untechie as I am. Can you do this by bot or should I be taking this elsewhere for discussion? Thanks. --Antiquary (talk) 15:01, 14 June 2018 (UTC)

Hi @Antiquary:, This task was done by Ruthven via COM:CDC. You may COM:CFD or (if uncontroversial) adding the tasks directly here. Best --Steinsplitter (talk) 15:19, 14 June 2018 (UTC)
Thanks. I'll go via the uncontroversial changes route, I can't see anyone disputing this. --Antiquary (talk) 15:41, 14 June 2018 (UTC)

Template:Edit request/List/HEdit

Hi. SteinsplitterBot is adding redlink "{{Template:Edit request/List/H}}" (this is the latest edit) to the top of Template:Edit request/List, but @~riley deleted that page as "No longer in use" on 4 March (UTC). It was probably a useful header, please work together to either restore or stop adding it.   — Jeff G. ツ please ping or talk to me 06:47, 19 June 2018 (UTC)

I restored the page in question. --Steinsplitter (talk) 12:48, 19 June 2018 (UTC)

Abgewählte FP'sEdit

Hallo Steinsplitter. Mir ist eben folgendes aufgefallen: wenn ein Bild auf FPC abgewählt wird und folglich nicht mehr zu den Exzellenten gehört, wird ja in der Vorlage {{Assessments}} der Parameter 1 auf 2 geändert. Dann steht in der Vorlage ein "zerbrochener" Stern und der Text "This formerly was a featured picture on Wikimedia Commons" etc., was soweit korrekt ist. Nun aber steht gleichzeitig in der oberen rechten Ecke der Bildbeschreibungsseite immer noch ein voller Stern und beim Drüberfahren des Mauszeigers: "This is a Featured Picture". (Siehe als Beispiel File:Baker Beach 2.jpg.) Das sollte nicht sein, da es offensichtlich irreführend ist. In der rechten oberen Ecke sollte beim Parameter 2 der gleiche "abgebrochene" Stern und der Text mit "formerly was" etc. stehen. Irgendetwas sollte am {{Assessments}} geändert werden, aber ich traue mich nicht ran. Kannst du helfen? Gruß --A.Savin 00:25, 21 June 2018 (UTC)

Hallo @A.Savin:, Dann wird aber auch ein zerbrochener Stern angezeigt wenn es auf einem anderen Wiki immer noch featured ist wie File:A small cup of coffee.JPG. Wenn das so gewollt ist, einfach meine Teständerung hier revertieren :). --Steinsplitter (talk) 11:08, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
Danke! Das geht m.E. in Ordnung, da sich ja die Formulierung ausdrücklich auf den Status auf Commons bezieht. --A.Savin 11:27, 21 June 2018 (UTC)

Review of fileEdit

File:Shraddha Aarya.jpg File:Teaser-launch-of-Thodi-Thodi-Si-Manmaaniyan-4 This files need a review from you since you are a OTRS member.The file requires permission and I need help for same.Since I have joint wikimedia recently I need help from experienced editors. Ashwini Gadade (talk) 10:46, 23 June 2018 (UTC)

If you have sent permission to COM:OTRS please wait until it is processed. This may take a while. Best --Steinsplitter (talk) 10:47, 23 June 2018 (UTC)

Need reviewEdit

File:Shilpa-Shinde-snapped-at-the-media-interaction-6.jpg needs reviews Ashwini Gadade (talk) 11:17, 23 June 2018 (UTC)

Smart DREdit

Should these files from you be deleted ?

Since no FoP in Italy Commons:Freedom_of_panorama#Italy -- Basile Morin (talk) 09:01, 25 June 2018 (UTC)

@Basile Morin: Palazzo della cancelleria was build 1485–1513, therefore copyright for the building is expired pursuant to Italian copyright law. --Steinsplitter (talk) 09:03, 25 June 2018 (UTC)

Structured Data on Commons IRC Office Hour, Tuesday 26 JuneEdit

Greetings,

There will be an IRC office hour for Structured Data on Tuesday, 26 June from 18:00-19:00 UTC in #wikimedia-office. You can find more details, as well as date and time conversion, at the IRC Office Hours page on Meta.

Thanks, I look forward to seeing you there if you can make it. -- Keegan (talk) 20:54, 25 June 2018 (UTC)

File:Transaero (Siberian Tiger livery), EI-XLN, Boeing 747-412 (21544278369).jpgEdit

Hi Steinsplitter. Ich wollte nur kurz darauf hinweisen, dass dieses Foto per DR gelöscht worden ist, obwohl es -- wenn ich richtig verstanden habe -- zu den POTY 2017 Finalisten gehört. Dementsprechend müsste es dort gestrichen werden und an Stelle dessen ein anderes aufgerückt. Danke und Gruß --A.Savin 12:42, 27 June 2018 (UTC)

@A.Savin: Danke! :) @Zhuyifei1999: File has been deleted, likely it should be replaced. --Steinsplitter (talk) 12:55, 27 June 2018 (UTC)
This is top #28 (tie with File:Santorin (GR), Ia, Vier Glocken -- 2017 -- 2720-6-2.jpg) in all categories with 262 votes. Top #30 (two images tie) has 260 votes, so the next would be top #32 File:Búho nival (Bubo scandiacus), Arcos de la Frontera, Cádiz, España, 2015-12-08, DD 03.JPG with 251 votes. Considering the tie at #30 I wouldn't include #32, since that would just be moved to #31. However, this image is top #2 in the category "Vehicles and crafts". The category #3 is File:2nd Air Refueling Squadron refuels B-2's 161110-F-GV347-141.jpg at 226 votes and then #4 File:FCCA GE C30-7 Infiernillo Viaduct.jpg at 218 votes and then #5 File:Iridium-1 Launch (32312419215).jpg at 209 votes. Shall we include File:2nd Air Refueling Squadron refuels B-2's 161110-F-GV347-141.jpg, or let's ask at the committee talk page? --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 15:25, 27 June 2018 (UTC)

What properties does Commons need?Edit

Greetings,

Structured Commons will need properties to make statements about files. The development team is working on making the software ready to support properties; the question is, what properties does Commons need?

You can find more information and examples to help find properties in a workshop on Commons. Please participate and help fill in the list, and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 18:53, 28 June 2018 (UTC)

Fehlbestimmtes Bild File:Bärenschote - Astragalus glycyphyllos.jpgEdit

Hallo Steinsplitter,
Dein oben gezeigtes Bild ganz links in der Galerie halte ich für fehlbestimmt, da die aufrechten Pflanzen gar nicht zu der fast immer am Boden liegenden Art Astragalus glycyphyllos passen. Außerdem passen die spitzen Teilblättchen und die einseitswendigen Blütenstände überhaupt nicht zu Astragalus glycyphyllos und die ockerfarbig verblühenden Blüten habe ich da auch noch nicht gesehen. Ich tippe daher darauf, dass es sich beim Gegenstand Deines Fotos um Lathyrus laevigatus subsp. occidentalis handelt, falls das Bild aus Tirol stammen sollte. Allerdings steht beim Bild leider nicht, wo es fotografiert wurde, und ich habe Lathyrus laevigatus noch nie gefunden. Immerhin handelt es sich um eine erheblich interessantere und ungewöhnlichere Pflanzenart als Astragalus glycyphyllos. Mit freundlichen Grüßen --Robert Flogaus-Faust (talk) 09:58, 1 July 2018 (UTC)

@Robert Flogaus-Faust: Hallo, Danke. Wurde tatsächlich in Tirol, über ca. 1300 m s.l.m. aufgenommen. Soll ich die Beschreibung und Dateinamen an "Lathyrus laevigatus" anpassen? --Steinsplitter (talk) 10:09, 1 July 2018 (UTC)
Ja, zumal ich für Tirol keine wirklichen Verwechslungsarten gefunden habe. MfG --Robert Flogaus-Faust (talk) 10:17, 1 July 2018 (UTC)

Structured Data on Commons Newsletter - Summer 2018Edit

Welcome to the newsletter for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons! You can update your subscription to the newsletter and contribute to the next issue. Do inform others who you think will want to be involved in the project!

Community updates
  • Our dedicated IRC channel: wikimedia-commons-sd webchat
  • Since our last newsletter, the Structured Data team has moved into designing and building prototypes for various features. The use of multilingual captions in the UploadWizard and on the file page has been researched, designed, discussed, and built out for use. Behind the scenes, back-end work on search is taking place and designs are being drawn up for the front-end. There will soon be specifications published for the use of the first Wikidata property on Commons, "Depicts," and a prototype is to be released to go along with that.
Things to do / input and feedback requests
Discussions held
Wikimania 2018
Partners and allies
Research

Two research projects about Wikimedia Commons are currently ongoing, or in the process of being finished:

  1. Research:Curation workflows on Wikimedia Commons—a project that seeks to understand the current workflows of Commons contributors who curate media (categorize it, delete it, link to it from other projects, etc.).
  2. Research:Technical needs of external re-users of Commons media—soliciting feedback from individuals and organizations that re-use Commons content outside of Wikimedia projects, in order to understand their current painpoints and unmet needs.
Development
  • Prototypes will be available for Depicts soon.
Stay up to date!

-- Keegan (WMF) (talk)

Message sent by MediaWiki message delivery - 21:07, 6 July 2018 (UTC)

Structured Data Newsletter - Research link fixEdit

Greetings,

The newsletter omitted two interwiki prefixes, breaking the links on non-meta wikis as you might see above. Here are the correct links:

  1. m:Research:Curation workflows on Wikimedia Commons—a project that seeks to understand the current workflows of Commons contributors who curate media (categorize it, delete it, link to it from other projects, etc.).
  2. m:Research:Technical needs of external re-users of Commons media—soliciting feedback from individuals and organizations that re-use Commons content outside of Wikimedia projects, in order to understand their current painpoints and unmet needs.

My apologies, I hope you find the corrected links helpful.

- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 21:21, 6 July 2018 (UTC)

Image of Lomatia polymorphaEdit

Hello Steinsplitter,

I uploaded an image of Lomatia polymorpha to Commons. The image was taken by Murray Fagg and included in the Australian Plant Image Index. For reasons I do not know, someone thought the orientation was wrong. I have reverted to the original orientation but now the image in Wikipedia appears distorted. Any help you can give to fix the problem would be appreciated. Gderrin (talk) 08:00, 9 July 2018 (UTC)

I do not understand why, but after I made a minor edit to the Wikipedia page on Lomatia polymorpha the problem seems to be resolved. If your work, thank you. Gderrin (talk) 09:43, 9 July 2018 (UTC)

Werkzeug zum Bewegen ganzer Kategorie-GruppenEdit

Schönen guten Abend. Weißt Du vielleicht zufällig, ob es ein tool zum Bewegen ganzer Kategorie-Gruppen gibt, ähnlich "Cat-a-lot" für Gruppen von Dateien?

Für mich ware das eine große Hilfe und Arbeitsersparnis. Beispiel: Auf der Seite Category:Aircraft built in 1991 möchte ich alle Kategorien (die jeweils einzelne Flugzeug-Kennzeichen betreffen), welche bei "8" stehen ("89-xxxx"), auf einen Schlag in die zuständige Unterkategorie "Category:Military aircraft built in 1991" schieben.

Danke im Voraus! Viele Grüße --Uli Elch (talk) 17:57, 9 July 2018 (UTC)

Mit "Cat-a-lot" kannst du auch Kategorien verschieben. Einfach wie Dateien markieren und dann verschieben. De728631 (talk) 18:03, 9 July 2018 (UTC)
Danke, klappt aber leider hier nicht.
Wenn ich markiere und dann mit Cat-a-lot ">" oder "+" schieben möchte, kommt: "No file is selected", auch in der umgekehrten Reihenfolge. ... ?? Grüße --Uli Elch (talk) 18:16, 9 July 2018 (UTC)
Also bei mir hat's funktioniert: [3]. De728631 (talk) 18:42, 9 July 2018 (UTC)
Ja, gesehen. Vielleicht liegt's an der Software; habe Windows 7 mit IE 11, und da funktioniert es bei mir irgendwie nicht, obwohl ich mit Cat-a-lot für Dateien wirklich sehr viel Übung habe. Naja, nochmals Danke und viele Grüße. --Uli Elch (talk) 19:00, 9 July 2018 (UTC)
Jetzt hab' ich es - falls mal wieder jemand fragt.
In den "Preferences" der Cat-a-lot-box muß man die Box "Allow categorizing pages (including categories) ..." mit Häkchen versehen. Dann nach "OK" auf "Publicly visible ...".
Nochmals Danke und viele Grüße --Uli Elch (talk) 13:41, 14 July 2018 (UTC)


Torez vs. Chystiakove and Krasnodon vs. SorokyneEdit

--ŠJů (talk) 08:37, 16 July 2018 (UTC)

ProblemsEdit

What is the failure with File:Midibuszug2.JPG picture. That can not be fixed, the rotation service can not be of use here.

— Preceding unsigned comment added by Varulv2468 (talk • contribs) 12:39, 18 July 2018 (UTC)

übersehenEdit

Hi Steinsplitter, würdest Du bitte noch dieser Datei den Garaus machen, die ich übersehen hatte. Danke, Gruß,--Ratzer (talk) 06:43, 20 July 2018 (UTC)

Ok :) --Steinsplitter (talk) 11:06, 20 July 2018 (UTC)

Image without licenseEdit

File:Ekin Sağcan.pngEdit

беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | български | català | čeština | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Ελληνικά | English | Esperanto | español | فارسی | suomi | français | galego | hrvatski | magyar | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | македонски | മലയാളം | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | polski | português | português do Brasil | русский | sicilianu | slovenščina | svenska | українська | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/−


There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.

This message was added automatically by MifterBot (TalkContribsOwner), if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the   Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --MifterBot (TalkContribsOwner) 22:04, 29 July 2018 (UTC)

Expiry of GWToolset user group membershipsEdit

There is a proposal on the Bureaucrat's noticeboard to automatically expire GWT memberships after one year unless the user requests an extension. Please add your views and suggestions to the discussion. The reasonably informal process for getting access to GWT access will remain as is.

Sent by MediaWiki message delivery (talk) on behalf of Revi. 15:42, 31 July 2018 (UTC)

OberflächenadministratorEdit

Hallo Steinsplitter, verstehe ich es richtig, dass ich z. B. mit der eingeführten Benutzergruppe "Oberflächenadministrator" bzw. den entsprechenden Berechtigungen Seiten wie MediaWiki:Com-poty-no-voting-on-these-pages/de bearbeiten/erstellen kann? Bisher waren mir Übersetzungen in diesem Bereich auf Commons ja nicht möglich ... Wie stehen die Chancen, das Recht als nicht-Admin zu bekommen? Grüße --Brackenheim (talk) 16:11, 31 July 2018 (UTC)

Hi, Gibt noch keinen Konsens wie das vergeben wird, siehe BN. --Steinsplitter (talk) 16:43, 31 July 2018 (UTC)
Na, da ist man auf de.wiki bissle schneller: de:Wikipedia:Oberflächenadministratoren/Anträge :P Naja, kein Problem, gibt ja noch genügend andere Seiten zum Übersetzen. Danke Dir. --Brackenheim (talk) 17:04, 31 July 2018 (UTC)

Steinsplitterbot archiving not-closed CFDsEdit

Any idea what happened here [4] ? Thanks! - Themightyquill (talk) 18:50, 1 August 2018 (UTC)

@Themightyquill: The api response was empty, thus a empty page has been saved :o. --Steinsplitter (talk) 10:33, 2 August 2018 (UTC)

Accidental image rotationEdit

Hi,

You have rotated this screenshot of the WorldWideWeb browser. It didn't need rotation. :)

Cutter (talk) 11:53, 2 August 2018 (UTC)

@Cutter: Please see here. --Steinsplitter (talk) 11:56, 2 August 2018 (UTC)

Deleted Files from PIBEdit

Hi,@Steinsplitter: please restore these files.Commons:Deletion_requests/Files_uploaded_by_Balajijagadesh Perumalism (talk) 16:44, 3 August 2018 (UTC)

Hi @Perumalism:, Reason? --Steinsplitter (talk) 17:24, 3 August 2018 (UTC)
@Steinsplitter: See Commons:Deletion requests/files from the Press Information Bureau, Government of India Files from PIB are free under {{GODL-India}} Perumalism (talk) 18:21, 3 August 2018 (UTC)
Can you feel a COM:UDEL request please? :) --Steinsplitter (talk) 18:41, 3 August 2018 (UTC)
Or @Yann: can assist? Currently busy, but can look tomorrow evening on it. --Steinsplitter (talk) 18:42, 3 August 2018 (UTC)
@Steinsplitter: Nevermind, Yann is last active on 31 july . Undeletion request was made. look into it when you are free.Thank you Perumalism (talk) 19:06, 3 August 2018 (UTC)
I was out of connection for 2 weeks, so I have a pretty big backlog, but I will look at it in the following days. Regards, Yann (talk) 15:45, 16 August 2018 (UTC)

Categorisation of ImagesEdit

I noticed that you added an ̺'uncategorised' tag to a number of images that I either uploaded or had worked on. These include, but are not confined to File:Shakir-hassan-al-said-untitled 1.jpg‎ and other works by this artist; File:Madiha-omar title unknown 1.jpg‎ and other works by this artist; File:Faiq-hassan title unknown- 1.jpg‎ and other works by this artist and a long list images of paintings by selected Iraqi artists.

I just wanted to let you know that at the time of uploading these images, I also began creating new categories for these artists and their works and spent quite a bit of time tidying up the general categories of Iraqi artists and Iraqi monuments, by translating images that were previously listed in Arabic only (and hence, could not be found with an English language search), researching the background of various monuments and statues so that they could be assigned to named artists, adding images to relevant categories, adding details of artworks/ monuments with references to the image discussion page etc. In total, I spent about almost a week working virtually full-time on this project and felt that I was making good progress and this was useful work.

However, I abandoned all my good intentions, when a user User:Chongkian came along a few days' later and began deleting all the categories that I had previously assigned and began re-assigning images to new categories, often of his or her making. The reasons for these wholesale changes were never explained, but it appeared that the user only allowed for one single category per image. I searched WP policies around this issue, and from what I read, the policy appeared to be saying that only one category per image is desirable - in other words that Chongkian was on the right track and that I had been doing it all wrong.

At the time, I thought it was odd, because I was quite sure that I had seen templates requesting more categories be added to certain images - but this was clearly not consistent with the changes that were being made, nor with my recent reading of the policy. In addition, there are several major public monuments in Baghdad where the original designer died before the project was completed, and a differnt sculptor assumed control for its completion (e.g. Monument of Freedom & the Victory Arch - both in Baghdad. In the arts literature, both sculptors are normally credited with the work. But, Chongkian only allowed for one category - so one of the sculptor's names was deleted as a category and then a unilateral decision was made to assign the work to a single scultpor. Normally, I would expect any system of categorisation should be flexible enough to allow for such contingencies- so it seemed to me that it was logical that an image could be assigned to several categories simultaneously (e.g the artist or artists, the architect or engineer (if different to the designer), the type of work, the date of completion, the location etc). I certainly had been working on this assumption

In light of User:Chongkian's wholesale changes to the categorisation that I had been undertaking, and the confusing policy which I confess that I still do not understand, I decided that it was probably best that I quit creating new categories or assigning any works to categories. I continue to upload images, but no longer assign anything to a category. ̴̴̴̴

— Preceding unsigned comment added by BronHiggs (talk • contribs) 02:13, 5 August 2018 (UTC)

TemplateEdit

Hello, I want the bot to move all my images from the Template:VashMaksym to the Template:MaksOhorodnyk. Thank you!--Максим Огородник (talk) 17:50, 5 August 2018 (UTC)

Hi, Shouldn't the template be in your userspace (not in the template namespace - credits templates are genereally stored in the userspace)? --Steinsplitter (talk) 17:55, 5 August 2018 (UTC)

Structured Data feedback - Depicts statements draft requirementsEdit

Greetings,

A slide presentation of the draft requirements for depicts statements on file pages is up on Commons. Please visit this page on Commons to review the slides and discuss the draft. Thank you, see you on the talk page. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 21:20, 7 August 2018 (UTC)

VandalismEdit

Hello. I saw several images rotated by SteinsplitterBot (talk · contribs) in response to requests from a vandalism-only account - Bells ring at school (talk · contribs). Some of them were highly-visible images (Donald Trump, Jimmy Wales). Is it possible/feasible for your bot to require some sort of manual review if a user who isn't yet autoconfirmed requests rotation? --B (talk) 12:21, 14 August 2018 (UTC)

@B: Such a feature (manual review) is currently not planned, especially because it will (hopfeully) replaced soon by a MediaWiki extension. Generally highly-visible images are watched well but it if it happens often we can set some limits. --Steinsplitter (talk) 14:35, 14 August 2018 (UTC)

BotEdit

Lieber Steinsplitter, ich hoffe es geht dir gut. Möchte dich bitten, falls möglich, alle meine Bilder [[Category:Photos by Moroder]] mit Unterordner mit template {{QualityImage}} in die [[Category:Quality images by Moroder]] einzuordnen. Mit besten Dank --Wolfgang Moroder (talk) 15:03, 14 August 2018 (UTC)

@Moroder: Erledigt, 1072 neue Dateien wurden zur Kategorie hinzugefügt. LG --Steinsplitter (talk) 12:44, 15 August 2018 (UTC)
Suuuper. Danke und liebe Grüße aus Gröden --Wolfgang Moroder (talk) 16:33, 15 August 2018 (UTC)
Das habe ich bemerkt. Ich habe zwar so ziemlich alle Bilder von mir kategorisiert aber es könnte sein, daß mir welche entgangen sind. Wärst du in der Lage, mal zu prüfen, ob ich alle erwischt habe? Ich habe sie unter Category:Quality images by Ralf Roletschek in Unterkategorien. Wenn der Bot die fehlenden in der Oberkat. einsortieren könnte? Ist nur ne Frage, bitte keinen Riesenaufwand. Ich habe keine Cat. aller meiner Bilder, das wäre zu viel... --Ralf Roleček   21:33, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
Habs auf meine ToDo gesetzt, muss ich in diesem Fall über die DB abfragen. --Steinsplitter (talk) 10:54, 17 August 2018 (UTC)
@Ralf Roletschek: Okay, ist erledigt. Alle mit QL + Dein Nutzername auf der Dateibeschreibungsseite. Kann sein dass mir ein paar zu viele reingerutscht sind, da dein Name in einer Vorlage enthalten war (Schaust du nach? Sind nur ein paar Dateien die gefehlt haben). LG --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:19, 18 August 2018 (UTC)
Hallo Steinsplitter,
kann ich mich auch mit einer Bitte an Dich wenden, Deinen Bot einzusetzen?
Die Flickr. - Bilder des Autors „snotch“ sind in der Kategorie Category:Photographs by Motohiro Sunouchi gesammelt. Leider wohl nicht alle. Kann Dein BOT helfen?
Eine weitere Frage: Spricht etwas dagegen, wenn ich die Kategorie nach den Genera der Orchideen unterteile?
Dank im Voraus und Grüße. Orchi (talk) 16:09, 18 August 2018 (UTC)
@Orchi: Erledigt. --Steinsplitter (talk) 16:53, 18 August 2018 (UTC)
...ich danke für die blitzschnelle Erledigung. Grüße. Orchi (talk) 18:23, 18 August 2018 (UTC)
@Ralf Roletschek: Hallo hier ist was schief gelaufen dieses Bild wurde auch unter Ralf's quality Bildern eingestuft. Grüße --Wolfgang Moroder (talk) 16:21, 18 August 2018 (UTC)
Stimmt! Da "derivative work: Ralf Roletschek" auf der Dateibeschreibung enthalten war. Es wurden eh nur ein paar einsortiert, und Ralf muss sie vermutlich eh alle per Hand in Unterkategorien geben. lg --Steinsplitter (talk) 16:53, 18 August 2018 (UTC)
Vielen Dank! Den Rest mache ich manuell. Es sind einige Bilder dabei, die nicht von mir sind, die sortiere ich natürlich aus. --Ralf Roleček   19:54, 18 August 2018 (UTC)

Template:OTRS/Users/rawEdit

Hi, can you have a look at this. Your bot emptied this list twice now. Something went wrong... --JuTa 01:33, 18 August 2018 (UTC)

Hi @JuTa: Thanks for reporting, the gug_group for OTRS in the commonswiki_p.user_groups table has changed, ths is fixed now. --Steinsplitter (talk) 11:00, 18 August 2018 (UTC)

Please deleteEdit

Please delete the current version of File:Rhoma Irama-cropped.jpg and revert it to the former version, because it appears to be copied from bintang.com. Thank you. Hanif Al Husaini (talk) 12:49, 23 August 2018 (UTC)

Done. --Steinsplitter (talk) 12:51, 23 August 2018 (UTC)

Delinker klemmt mal wiederEdit

Hallo Steinsplitter, letzter Zugriff auf CDC vor einer Woche, letzter Log-Eintrag vor 3 Tagen. Gruß, --Achim (talk) 20:25, 24 August 2018 (UTC)

Hallo, Behoben und neu gestartet (Warteschlange: 5059). Irgendwie schlägt die neuanlage von Accounts beim anmelden fehl, scheint mir nach nem upstream bug des Frameworkes welches zum editieren benutzt wird - müsste sich mal Magnus genauer ansehen (ist aber vermutlich busy). --Steinsplitter (talk) 12:41, 25 August 2018 (UTC)

Template:Verified accountEdit

Am I missing something at User talk:Miltosmanetas? - I cannot get the realname to show. Ronhjones  (Talk) 21:21, 24 August 2018 (UTC)

Hi, Likely it should be on the userpage (not talkpage). Maybe autolang is not passing the param, pinging the template creator: @FDMS4:. --Steinsplitter (talk) 12:20, 25 August 2018 (UTC)

Cοlin vs ColinEdit

I have been on holiday since the 15th so haven't had access to Commons. I see the discussion on the other guy's username has been archived without any action that I can find. Can an AN/U discussion be un-archived, since it wasn't resolved? Or perhaps User:DerHexer has an opinion now they are active again on Commons. I thought the policy and action required was fairly straightforward, but the AN/U discussion got interfered by more than one unhelpful contributor. -- Colin (talk) 09:00, 27 August 2018 (UTC)

To be honest, i am inclined to block the user for violating the username policy. @DerHexer: Can you revert the rename, please? --Steinsplitter (talk) 11:12, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
I will look into this deeper tomorrow. Afaics, the Colin with omicron changed his signature to avoid confusion. I will ask him do choose another name nonetheless. Best, —DerHexer (Talk) 22:08, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
I'm trying to find a compromise for all sides, please give me a day or two. Best, —DerHexer (Talk) 18:18, 28 August 2018 (UTC)

fragliche DateiverschiebungswünscheEdit

Hallo Steinsplitter,

magst Du bitte mal einen Blick auf File:Mcdonald's logo.svg (bzw., falls Du später erst schaust, in die Historie) werfen, ob das Handlung erfordert? Ich glaube, den User kennst Du schon. Zumindest macht seine Disk den Eindruck. Ist auch weder der erste noch der letzte seiner Wünsche. Ich drehe da jetzt nichts dran, ablehnen bringt offenkundig keine besondere Besserung. Und da wäre ja noch was mit der Anzahl der Köche und der Schmackhaftigkeit des Breis...

Grüße, --Druschba 4 (talk) 19:17, 31 August 2018 (UTC)

Hallo, Gesperrt. --Steinsplitter (talk) 04:30, 1 September 2018 (UTC)
Guten Morgen, danke Dir. Ich hätte ihn aber auch gemeldet, ich habe von dem Commonsbereich nur nicht so die Ahnung, weil ich da normalerweise nicht zu finden bin. Grüße und schönes WE, --Druschba 4 (talk) 06:32, 1 September 2018 (UTC)

Commons:Database reports/Blank single-author pagesEdit

hasnt been updates for several days now by your bot. Can you have a look pls? Thx. --JuTa 15:34, 1 September 2018 (UTC)

Noticed is has "recovered" yet, sometimes when the DB is slow large querys are getting killed. Best --Steinsplitter (talk) 08:41, 2 September 2018 (UTC)

Invitation for felicitation program of Wiki Loves Earth 2018 - NepalEdit

  Invitation for felicitation program of Wiki Loves Earth 2018 - Nepal

Dear Steinsplitter
It’s our pleasure to invite you to Wiki Loves Earth 2018 - Nepal winners awarding ceremony on 8th September, 2018 at The Classic Bamboo, 11:45 pm onwards. We would like to ask few minutes of your time to provide your details here. Your contribution as a contributor made Wiki Loves Earth 2018 - Nepal possible. We’d like to have a privilege of having you there.

Kind regards,

The Wiki Loves Earth 2018 in Nepal Team

Invitation for felicitation program of Wiki Loves Earth 2018 - Nepal (Revised Location Link)Edit

  Invitation for felicitation program of Wiki Loves Earth 2018 - Nepal

Dear Steinsplitter
It’s our pleasure to invite you to Wiki Loves Earth 2018 - Nepal winners awarding ceremony on 8th September, 2018 at The Classic Bamboo, 11:45 pm onwards. We would like to ask few minutes of your time to provide your details here. Your contribution as a contributor made Wiki Loves Earth 2018 - Nepal possible. We’d like to have a privilege of having you there.

Kind regards,

The Wiki Loves Earth 2018 in Nepal Team

Empty surname cats.Edit

Hi, your bot currently creating thousends of empty surname cats with wikidata template - i.e. Category:Border (surname). There is an error message about mising wikidata item too. Whats the background and will that gets fixed by your bot? So: 1. Filling the categories? 2. Creating or connecting the wikidata items to them? Thx. --JuTa 13:59, 6 September 2018 (UTC)

Hello, Please see Commons:Bots/Work requests#Batch_create_"surname"_categories. It might take a few days until everything is linked and synchronized (Commons:Job queue) from Wikidata. BTW: Nice to see that someone is watching page creations! Best --Steinsplitter (talk) 14:08, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
I'm watching the Category:Surnames :) Thx, So your bot will create missing wikidata items or link existing ones to the commons cats? --JuTa 14:13, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
Laddo will do that as far i know with the QuickStatements tool. I am creating them and he is connecting them with wikidata (=if not exists yet, creating the stuff there). Best :) --Steinsplitter (talk) 14:18, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
Hmm, I'm busy to "fill" Loddo's empty surname cats by either null-edits or correcting peoples wikidata items since about a week. I'm afraid that there will be a lot of manual work (for me and others) left. --JuTa 14:21, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
Generally there should be no null-edit needed, the server-sice cache should disapperar after a few days ot otherwise we can null-edit via bot. Regarding remaining cats, we can (in worst case) mass delete them (the empty ones; i can do that if needed). No worrys. --Steinsplitter (talk) 14:30, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
Well it looks like he startet at 26.8. with that manualy and there are still a lot of empty cats from that day. --JuTa 14:33, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
There are still 20k left, stopped for now waiting for Laddo's reply. --Steinsplitter (talk) 14:34, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
Your bot can do a null edit to the people's categories which are not listet in the surname's cats? How it finds out what to null-edit? You can continue to bot-run, the quicker we will see if the jobqueue will fill the cats or not. Otherwise I will have to do about 32.000 searches and (null)edits anyhow. --JuTa 14:46, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
Nulledit all transclusions with connection to a people cat. But i am a bit concerned because generally the jobqueue should keep such stuff up-to-date :-/. Maybe it should be reported on phabricator. --Steinsplitter (talk) 15:14, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
Hmm, 1.7 Million null-edits to fix 32.000 does not sound like a very effectiv method, but it will work :). I'm currently going through Category:Surnames manually alphabeticly, filling emtpy cats (I find a lot of other things to fix btw) fixing sorting issues and moving double names outof surnames (and into their single names). I dont like to restart a Aa when your bot continues. So from my point of view, let is run now. --JuTa 15:22, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
Ok, A is done yet. --Steinsplitter (talk) 15:24, 6 September 2018 (UTC)

@Steinsplitter, JuTa: Hi to both of you. All surname categories that I listed will have elements after the server cache backlog is processed. In all cases, "What links here" shows pages waiting for each category creation. I believe null-edits are unnecessary, as I witnessed with Category:Gautier (surname) (that took 5 days to eventually "fill"). IMHO, every time template {{Wikidata infobox}} is changed, all 1.2 million + pages are re-processsed. JuTa, I noticed your adjustments; I promise I will revisit those new categories needing fixes to sort or categorization to manually fix them just as you did so far.

I just ran a first QuickStatement batch to connect the "B" categories that you created so far. I hope you agree to restart category creations soon. Cheers -- Laddo (talk) 17:28, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
Hi Laddo, jut as an expamle Category:Buxbaum (surname) wasnt yet connected. I just did it - see here. --JuTa 18:38, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
@JuTa: No worries, you were just too fast: my QS batch finished at 19:04:43... It processed "Buxbaum" right before "Buxton" at 19:02. Remember QuickStatement does about one edit per 10 seconds - my batch made 2674 edits in about 2 hours. I'm already preparing fixes for categories requiring adjustments to sort keys and subcategorizations. No worries! -- Laddo (talk) 22:17, 6 September 2018 (UTC)

Invitation for felicitation program of Wiki Loves Earth 2018 - NepalEdit

  Invitation for felicitation program of Wiki Loves Earth 2018 - Nepal

Dear Steinsplitter
It’s our pleasure to invite you to Wiki Loves Earth 2018 - Nepal winners awarding ceremony on 8th September, 2018 at The Classic Bamboo, 11:45 am onwards. We would like to ask few minutes of your time to provide your details here. Your contribution as a contributor made Wiki Loves Earth 2018 - Nepal possible. We’d like to have a privilege of having you there.

Kind regards,

The Wiki Loves Earth 2018 in Nepal Team

Structured Data feedback - structured licensing and copyrightEdit

Mockups of structured licensing and copyright statements on file pages are posted. Please have a look over the examples and leave your feedback on the talk page. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 20:32, 7 September 2018 (UTC)

مصنع الألماسEdit

مصنع الألماس محم# Surtkfkfkname31 (talk) 09:36, 11 September 2018 (UTC)

Category:Xiaoxianchun_(surname)Edit

GZWDer (talk) 20:11, 12 September 2018 (UTC)

RequestEdit

Hi steinsplitter, I have translated Cat-a-lot in marathi (mr) language and it can be found at User:Tiven2240/mr-cat-a-lot. Please make a page MediaWiki:Gadget-Cat-a-lot.js/mr and activate the translations. Thanking you. --✝iѵɛɳ२२४०†ลℓк †๏ мэ 07:19, 17 September 2018 (UTC)

  Done --Steinsplitter (talk) 16:58, 17 September 2018 (UTC)

WP0 abuse – temporary disabled file typesEdit

Hallo Steinsplitter! Da du zuletzt den Missbrauchsfilter "WP0 abuse – temporary disabled file types" editiert hast, kannst du mir vielleicht weiterhelfen. Der Filter lässt mich ein Video nicht hochladen und ich weiß nicht warum oder was ich dagegen tun kann. Auf Commons talk:Abuse filter/Archive 2018#Report by Frank Stollmeier habe ich das Problem schon gemeldet, allerdings ohne Ergebnis. --Frank Stollmeier (talk) 12:10, 19 September 2018 (UTC)

@Frank Stollmeier: Hallo, Ist das Video dein eigenes Werk bzw. bist du der Urheber? --Steinsplitter (talk) 12:36, 19 September 2018 (UTC)
Ja, ich bin der Urheber. --Frank Stollmeier (talk) 13:59, 19 September 2018 (UTC)
@Frank Stollmeier: Super, Ich habe dir das Upload-Tool freigeschaltet. --Steinsplitter (talk) 14:01, 19 September 2018 (UTC)
Danke! Hat geklappt. --Frank Stollmeier (talk) 20:54, 19 September 2018 (UTC)

New discussion on Commons talk:Structured dataEdit

Hello. I've started a new, important discussion about creating properties for Commons on Wikidata. Please come join in, if the process is something that interests you or if you can help. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 16:48, 19 September 2018 (UTC)

Einschätzung bezüglich Bot-EinsatzEdit

Hallo Steinsplitter,

im Zuge dieser Botanfrage (dewiki) komme ich in die Verlegenheit, vollautomatisch per Bot neue Dateiversionen hier auf Commons hochzuladen.

Zunächst geht es mal nur wochentäglich um die Datei File:Euro exchange rate to TRY - Turkish Currency and Debt Crisis 2018.svg. Einen entsprechenden Testedit gibts im Beta-Wiki. Später sollen, mit deutlich geringerer Frequenz, die weiteren Diagramme nach dem Muster Euro exange rate to ???.svg aus Category:Euro exchange rate charts folgen.

Brauche ich für diese Änderungen hier ein Bot-Flag oder sonst eine formale Erlaubnis, bzw. was sollte ich beachten?

Grüße -- Jogo.obb (talk) 07:09, 22 September 2018 (UTC)

Hi, Vollauomatisisrtes editing ist grundsätzlich nur mit Botflag zulässig. LG --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:24, 22 September 2018 (UTC)

Update blog's Commons feedEdit

Hey Steinsplitter, could I ask you to update this to use this? Thank you! Ed Erhart (WMF) (talk) 20:30, 26 September 2018 (UTC)

@Ed Erhart (WMF): Done :) --Steinsplitter (talk) 11:33, 27 September 2018 (UTC)

Structured Data - upcoming changes to viewing old file page revisionsEdit

How old revisions of file pages work are likely going to have to change for structured data. There is information about the change on the SDC hub talk page, please read it over and leave feedback if you have any. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 15:30, 28 September 2018 (UTC)

Structured Data - IRC office hours today, 4 OctoberEdit

There will be an IRC office hour for Structured Data on Commons today, 4 October 2018, from 17:00-18:00 UTC in #wikimedia-office. You can find date/time conversion, as well as a link to join the chat in your browser if needed, on the IRC Office hours page on Meta. I look forward to seeing you there. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 05:49, 4 October 2018 (UTC)

Structured Data - search prototypeEdit

There is a search prototype for structured data on Commons available. Please visit the search prototype page on the structured data hub for information on testing and feedback. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 19:07, 5 October 2018 (UTC)

Incorrect rotation requestsEdit

Thank you for rotating

etc. With the benefit of time and coffee I realise that I was incorrect to request them - sorry. (Obviously I'll be adding additional rotation requests anon) Icarusgeek (talk) 12:07, 6 October 2018 (UTC)

Marking images with categories as uncategorisedEdit

Hello,

I do not understand why the bot did this [5]. Putting images in one category pertaining to a particular object, which is turn has more categories, is a fairly common practice.

Cheers! Rama (talk) 05:38, 17 October 2018 (UTC)

@Rama: Hi, Suspect this is a caching issue - the file had no cat (api) but it is obvious that is has one (human). Thanks for reporting. --Steinsplitter (talk) 10:35, 17 October 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for your remarkable work — both in its quantity and quality! Rama (talk) 11:02, 17 October 2018 (UTC)

Request for rightsEdit

@Steinsplitter: If you're not busy, you might wanna check my request here Commons:Requests_for_rights#HueMan1. Thanks! hueman1 (talk) 04:03, 29 October 2018 (UTC)

ungerechtfertigte LöschanträgeEdit

Hallo Steinsplitter,
es gibt ein Problem mit user:Patrick Rogel, der mir immer wieder fehlende Quellenangaben vorwirft, obwohl ich diese genannt habe. Die Fotos stammen aus dem Privatbereich und haben keinen Link zu etwas. Ich kenne alle angegebenen Personen (Quelle/Author) persönlich und habe sie per Messenger/Mail erhalten. Alles OK so weit. Es läuft aber gerade auf einen Edit War zB [6] raus, weil er meine Angaben einfach nicht akzeptieren will. Eine Seite für VM oÄ. habe ich nicht gefunden, deshalb wende ich mich direkt an dich. Was soll/kann ich tun?. Dank im Voraus. Gruß Rafael Zink (talk) 17:12, 30 October 2018 (UTC)

PS: Anscheinend macht ihm das gerade Freude alle meine Uploads durchzugehen und sie als unbequellt in den DR bzw. OHNE Quellenangabe zu setzen: [7] Irgendwas läuft da bei ihm falsch. Ich habe bei allen ordnungsgemäß Quelle und Autor angegeben. Gruß Rafael Zink (talk) 17:22, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
Bist du der Urheber (Fotograf in diesem Falle)? Solltest du auf Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by Rafael Zink anmerken. COM:AN/U ist für Benutzerprobleme, sollte aber die ultima-ratio sein. Löschprüfung ist COM:UDEL. --Steinsplitter (talk) 17:17, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
Nein, ich bin nicht der Fotograf. Die Fotografen/Author wurde genannt und auch die Quelle über die ich sie erhielt. Gruß Rafael Zink (talk) 17:22, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
Dann wird leider eine Freigabeerklärung (COM:OTRS) des Fotografen benötigt. Weil sonst ist es nicht rechtssicher, müdliche Freigaben sins immer schwierig. Also am besten er schrickt ne freigabeerklärung per Mail ans OTRS Team und dann sollte die Sache passen. --Steinsplitter (talk) 17:28, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
Was genau soll das heißen? Mir wird Betrug unterstellt? Die Leute stellen Commons Fotos zur Verfügung, haben sonst aber nix mit Wiki zu tun und mich gebeten diese für sie hochzuladen. Nicht nur das meine jahrelange, aufwendige Arbeit jetzt völlig, rechtens in Frage gestellt wird, wird keiner sich die Mühe machen und eine Freigabeerklärung aufsetzen. Das sind Leute, die sich die Turniere hobbymäßig anschauen und keinen weiteren Aufriss damit haben wollen außer Carambol. Aber selbst seine Bilder, die ich für ihn immer hochlade, weil er älteren Semesters ist und sich mit der Materie nicht auskennt. Wie anders sollen dir an Bilder kommen, wenn nicht durch Privatpersonen, die ab und zu mal vor Ort sind. Ich finde das gerade extrem frustrierend, abgesehen von Rogers schofeliger Art, dass jetzt tausende Bilder die ich im Namen anderer hochgeladen habe, einfach zur Löschung ausgeschrieben werden. Da braucht sich Wikimedia nicht wundern, wenn die Leute nichts mehr machen. Es gibt keine andere Möglichkeit, als auch über solche Leute an Bilder zu kommen. Man kann aber nicht erwarten, dass sie diesen aufwendigen Weg über OTRS gehen.
Von Carambol könnte ich wohl eine Generalfreigabe über alle bisherigen und alle zukünftigen Bilder erhalten. Wird das akzeptiert? Gruß Rafael Zink (talk) 07:51, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
@Rafael Zink: Generalfreigaben sind auch OK. Unterstellt wird dir nichts, die Richtlinie sieht es so vor. Es ist eine Vorsichtsmaßnahme, sonst kann er irgendwann kommen und die Löschung der Bilder fordern oder Nachtnutzer Abmahnen. Siehe COM:OTRS. --Steinsplitter (talk) 10:56, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
Ich werde das dann heute erstmal mit Carambol versuchen. Wenn er das an OTRS gesendet hat, gibt es dann eine „Quittung„ mit Bearbeitungsnummer? Wer setzt dann das Ticket in die hunderte von Dateien ein? Kann ich, bei der Generalfreigabe, dann bei neuen Dateien dieses Ticket gleich einfügen? Schönen Sonntag. Gruß Rafael Zink (talk) 05:46, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
Die Freigabe wird durch den OTRS-Mitarbeiter hinzugefügt, wenn ein Template erstellt wird (für künftge Uploads) wird dessen name dann mittgeteilt. Schon vorab: Die bearbeitung kann eine Tage oder Wochen betragen. Weiteres auf COM:OTRS --Steinsplitter (talk) 11:20, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
Carambol hat gestern Abend eine Rechtserklärung rausgeschickt. Hoffe die ist so OK. Betrifft auch die Bilder, die gerade Zur DÜP anstehen. Kann ich die irgendwie markieren, so dass sie nicht gelöscht werden? Gruß Rafael Zink (talk) 07:27, 5 November 2018 (UTC) PS: Kann ich die Dateien mit {{OTRS pending}} versehen? Rafael Zink (talk) 07:46, 5 November 2018 (UTC)
Die Dateien können mit OTRS Bendig versehen werden. --Steinsplitter (talk) 11:56, 5 November 2018 (UTC)

Das nützt wohl alles nix hier! :-/ Jetzt werden tatsächlich alle Bilder die von Carambol sind, trotz Rechtserklärung, gelöscht. Ich verstehe es nicht. Dann gibt es halt keine Bilder mehr, wenn sich das als so ein Sackgang gestaltet. Gruß Rafael Zink (talk) 07:05, 15 November 2018 (UTC)

Die Freigabemail ist eingegangen und hat die Nummer Ticket#2018110410004211, es kann etwas dauern bis die Freigabe bearbeitet wurde, dann werden auch die Fotos wiederhergestellt. lg --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:20, 15 November 2018 (UTC)

Structured Data - IRC office hour today, 1 NovemberEdit

There will be an IRC office hour for Structured Data on Commons today, 1 October 2018, from 17:00-18:00 UTC in #wikimedia-office. You can find date/time conversion, as well as a link to join the chat in your browser if needed, on the IRC Office hours page on Meta. I realize this may be short notice for some people; I am experimenting with advanced notice times to see what works best for the most people, I'll be giving more warning before the next office hour. I look forward to seeing you there. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 16:02, 1 November 2018 (UTC)
@Keegan (WMF): Created a watchlist notice here. Best --Steinsplitter (talk) 16:11, 1 November 2018 (UTC)

Structured Data - IRC office hour today, 1 NovemberEdit

The above message says 1 October in the body when it should say 1 November, as the subject line says. Apologies for making a new section by mass message, it's the only way to get this out quickly. See you in twenty minutes! -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 16:37, 1 November 2018 (UTC)

Structured Data - copyright and licensing statementsEdit

I've posted a second round of designs for modeling copyright and licensing in structured data. These redesigns are based off the feedback received in the first round of designs, and the development team is looking for more discussion. These designs are extremely important for the Commons community to review, as they deal with how copyright and licensing is translated from templates into structured form. I look forward to seeing you over there. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 16:25, 2 November 2018 (UTC)

recently declined rename requestsEdit

Hallo Steinsplitter,

meiner Auffassung nach wird die Seite Commons:File renaming/Recently declined rename requests nicht mehr aktualisiert (vgl. Versionsgeschichte), obwohl es definitiv abgelehnte Anfragen seit dem 26.10. gab. Das macht doch sonst dein Bot? Magst Du da bei Gelegenheit mal einen Blick drauf werfen?

Grüße und Danke, --Druschba 4 (talk) 13:14, 3 November 2018 (UTC)

Hallo @Druschba 4:, Danke für melden. Das rc_comment Feld in der recentchange Tabelle der Datenbank ist leer, habe es nun um eine weiteres INNER JOIN erweitert um den content von einer anderen Tabelle auszulesen. lg --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:38, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
Läuft wieder. Vielen Dank.   Gruß, --Druschba 4 (talk) 15:55, 3 November 2018 (UTC)

Commons:Deletion requests/2018/11/02 1.109 bis 1.120Edit

Hallo Steinsplitter, ich habe am 2. Nov. für 12 Bilder Löschanträge gestellt, die seitdem vor sich hin dümpeln. Unter Globale Dateiverwendung finden sich [8] und [9], gibt es da einen Zusammenhang, dass die Bilder nicht gelöscht werden? Ich bin Neuling bei Löschanträgen. Kann es sein, dass ich nur einige Wochen oder Monate Geduld haben muss, oder kann ich irgendwie aktiv werden, um die Löschungen zu veranlassen? Speedy deletions viell.? Bilder für die ich später Löschanträge gestellt habe, wurden (teilweise) schon gelöscht. Gruss von Adelfrank (talk) 10:44, 14 November 2018 (UTC)

Hallo @Adelfrank:, Es gibt derzeit einen Rückstau, daher kann es etwas dauern. LG --Steinsplitter (talk) 12:04, 14 November 2018 (UTC)

Freund...Edit

...HHubi hat wieder mal zugeschlagen. Ich denke daß seine Hochladungen wie meistens eine URV darstellen (Beispiel:  ) kannst mal nachschauen? Servus, -- Centenier (talk) 15:18, 19 November 2018 (UTC)

Hallo :), Die Datei müsste man vermutlich zum Löschen nominieren, wenn es denn wirklich eine URV ist (bin a selbst nicht 100% sicher). Bist du sicher dass Sgt_bilko eine Socke von HHubi ist, wenn ich nen "Beweis" oder so hätte, kann der Account gesperrt werden. LG --Steinsplitter (talk) 15:21, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
Tja, ist er wahrscheinlich nicht - ich hab mich nur durch die HHubi typischen Beschreibungen täuschen lassen. Allerdings würde ich eine generelle Klärung begrüßen. -- Centenier (talk) 15:43, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
Der Artikel ist inzwischen auf der wp wegen möglicher URV gesperrt, man ist jedoch der Meinung es sei keine URV, alsomlassen wir es dabei bewenden, Servus -- Centenier (talk) 15:46, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
Links unten ist so ein link "Nominate for deletion", kannst es dort nominieren. Da es sich um Österreich handelt bin ich nicht sicher ob die Abzeichen poublic domain sind :/. --Steinsplitter (talk) 16:13, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
User:178.1.191.23 da ist er wieder, der HHUbi -- Centenier (talk) 17
26, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
Gesperrt. --Steinsplitter (talk) 17:28, 20 November 2018 (UTC)

Category:User pages with script errorsEdit

I noticed you created Category:User pages with script errors and I wonder if you know what mechanism was used to separate pages in user namespace from the rest in Category:Pages with script errors. I would like to do something similar on Wikidata with d:Category:Pages with script errors. --Jarekt (talk) 19:16, 20 November 2018 (UTC)

@Jarekt: This was done using a switch on MediaWiki:Scribunto-common-error-category. --Steinsplitter (talk) 19:49, 20 November 2018 (UTC)

Rotatebot problemEdit

File:Glória, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - panoramio (35).jpg and File:Glória, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - panoramio (98).jpg

Removed the request tags without rotating.Finavon (talk) 07:32, 26 November 2018 (UTC)

EXIF-Orientation set from 11 to 0, if it does not work, request rotation again.--Steinsplitter (talk) 11:41, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
It was a second request. I'll try a third. Finavon (talk) 12:31, 26 November 2018 (UTC)

Category:Yildirim_(surname)Edit

E4024 (talk) 21:08, 28 November 2018 (UTC)

Category:Die Vogel (1913)Edit

@Steinsplitter: not very usual this kind of spelling for a German book Die Vögel seems logical. Would you consider renaming the category to the correct spelling? Thank you for time. Lotje (talk) 09:37, 29 November 2018 (UTC)

Hi, Done. Likely someone familiar with dirds can identify the birds inside the cat. --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:52, 29 November 2018 (UTC)

VysotskyBotEdit

Dear Steinsplitter, What do I need to do to have VysotskyBot flagged? Vysotsky (talk) 13:46, 1 December 2018 (UTC)

Hello, See COM:BOT. Generally for Ca-a-lot no bot account is required, generally the main account may be used Best --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:47, 1 December 2018 (UTC)
VysotskyBot only uses Cat-a-lot, but I want to distinguish between handmade edits (by Vysotsky) and semi-automatic edits (by VysotskyBot). Is it possible to use VysotskyBot nonetheless? Vysotsky (talk) 13:49, 1 December 2018 (UTC)
Bots cannot operate without approval. --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:59, 1 December 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for this information. That leaves me two-options: 1) try to obtain a bot-status that is not needed, because this user will only apply cat-a-lot; 2) remove all bot-references at the user page. Are you willing to unblock VysotskyBot if I would remove all bot-references? I would then blank the page and use this text: "VysotskyBot is not a real bot. It is an account that is only used by User:Vysotsky for semi-automated edits in Wikimedia Commons via Cat-a-lot." Vysotsky (talk) 14:20, 1 December 2018 (UTC)
Generally for Cat-a-lot no seperat account or a botflag is needed. To operate a "xBot" a botflag is needed. Please see the above linked bot policy. --Steinsplitter (talk) 14:33, 1 December 2018 (UTC)

Thanks. I changed the set-up of User:VysotskyBot. Can I ask you to rename User:VysotskyBot to User:VysotskyZ, or is that not necessary to have this user unblocked? Vysotsky (talk) 10:46, 3 December 2018 (UTC)

@Vysotsky: I can only confirm what i wrote above, if you want to operate a bot on a seperat account you need to ask for permission. Generally for Cat-A-Lot edits not Bot is needed. --Steinsplitter (talk) 15:23, 3 December 2018 (UTC)

Bild drehenEdit

Bitte das Bild "File:Johann Georg II., Erbländischer Taler 1662, CNG.jpg" wieder aktuell zurückdrehen. Es steht in den Artikeln auf dem Kopf. Wer das war weiß ich nicht. Danke! --Weners (talk) 12:51, 3 December 2018 (UTC)

Hat schon jemand anders revertiert, lg --Steinsplitter (talk) 14:58, 3 December 2018 (UTC)

Hi my name scottEdit

I like to say that I have that vq 5000i hsv number 1 I’m pretty sure it’s the one you had I got it about 7 years ago I don’t no much about what it would be worth I was just wondering if you had any insight in what it’s worth I much appreciate if you could get back to me thank you very much —Preceding unsigned comment was added by 1.129.106.78 (talk) 01:11, 4 December 2018 (UTC)

Killed by rotationEdit

I am very surprised, after all the successful rotations I have requested. Jim.henderson (talk) 03:00, 5 December 2018 (UTC)

Thanks for reporting! --Steinsplitter (talk) 14:38, 5 December 2018 (UTC)

Structured Data on Commons Newsletter - Fall 2018 editionEdit

Welcome to the newsletter for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons! You can update your subscription to the newsletter. Do inform others who you think will want to be involved in the project!

Community updates
Things to do / input and feedback requests

Current:

Since the last newsletter:

Presentations / Press / Events
Partners and allies
  • The info portal on Structured Commons now includes a section on GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums).
  • We are currently planning the first GLAM pilot projects that will use structured data on Wikimedia Commons. One project has already started: the Swedish Heritage Board researches and develops a prototype tool to provide improved metadata (translations, data additions...) from Wikimedia Commons back to the source institution. Read the project brief.
  • The documentation for batch uploads of files to Wikimedia Commons will be improved in 2019, as part of preparing for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons. To prepare, the GLAM team at the Wikimedia Foundation wants to understand better which types of documentation you already use, and how you like to learn new GLAM-Wiki skills and knowledge. Fill in a short survey to provide input!
Stay up to date!

-- Keegan (WMF) (talk)

Message sent by MediaWiki message delivery - 17:58, 7 December 2018 (UTC)

Return to the user page of "Steinsplitter".