Thank you for providing images to the commons. Please keep in mind that images and other files on the commons must be under a free license and should be useful to the wikimedia projects. To allow others to use your files, some additional information must be given on the description page. Most importantly:
- Describe what it is about in a short sentence. (What does the image show?)
- State the author and the date of creation. If you made it yourself, say so explicitly.
- If you did not create the file yourself, state the source you got it from.
- Add a Copyright tag - images without a appropriate license tag will be deleted.
- Add the image to one or more gallery pages and/or appropriate Categories, so it can be found by others.
If you copied the file from another wiki, please copy all information given there and say who uploaded it to that wiki.
Please add as much information as possible. If there is not sufficient information, the file may have to be deleted. For more Information, have a look at Commons:Licensing, Commons:criteria for inclusion and the Community Portal. If you need help or have questions, please ask at the village pump. Thank you. -- Duesentrieb 21:25, 24 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Thank you for uploading files on Commons.
Please add your files to appropriative pages and/or categories where other users could easily find them. For example to Category:Maps of Paraguay.
Please use text-based language templates, not icon-based. See Commons talk:Templates for galleries#Voting about language representation for details.
EugeneZelenko 15:19, 8 October 2005 (UTC)
re. Deletion of Regione-Emilia-Romagna-Stemma.svgEdit
I understood the message just fine. :)
I deleted that image on one of my early days as an admin without checking thigs out properly. It was a mistake and I have undeleted the image. I apologise for any hassles. Please tell me if I have made any other mistakes.