|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 Re: Archiving
- 2 User:Werdnabot
- 3 More to archive
- 4 Archiving village pump
- 5 Werdnabot/Archiver
- 6 Bug!
- 7 Commons Picture of the Year 2006 Competition
- 8 User:Werdnabot blocked on 1 day
- 9 Another bug?
- 10 Where did User:Werdnabot go?
- 11 Wikimania presentations
- 12 Tip: Categorizing images
- 13 File:Wikipedia_is_racist.jpg
- 14 Notification
- 15 Notification about possible deletion
- 16 Bot de-flagging notification
- Yes, please! I would love some archiving.
- How do the instructions work? It also needs to be set up for COM:VP, COM:HD and (with special care) COM:DR. Possibly also other-language village pumps, and maybe commons talk:licensing. But definitely the first two are good to go ASAP. pfctdayelise (说什么?) 09:39, 21 October 2006 (UTC)
Congratulations. It has bot flag now. --EugeneZelenko 14:35, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
More to archiveEdit
Please archive COM:AN and the various subpages.
Archiving village pumpEdit
- Same request :-) Some sections are really old ones. --EugeneZelenko 15:27, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
I was thinking of using your Werdnabot/Archiver on french wikipedia, how can I make it work there? Micheletb 14:32, 14 January 2007 (UTC)
I've found a bug in werdanabot see diff. when chcecking for new sections you seem to only consider the first character and not the last as wiki parser e.g.:
some text... => some text... (no "=" at the end of line)
Commons Picture of the Year 2006 CompetitionEdit
|Interested in honouring the best of the best? Vote now in the
Commons Picture of the Year competition 2006
Voting to select the finalists is open until 14th February.
The arrangements for the Commons Picture of the Year 2006 competition are now complete, and voting will start tomorrow, Feb 1st. All Featured Pictures promoted last year are automatically nominated. As a past contributor to Featured Pictures, we invite you to participate in the competition (but please wait until tomorrow to vote). --MichaelMaggs 22:18, 31 January 2007 (UTC)
User:Werdnabot blocked on 1 dayEdit
Hi, please have a look at Commons talk:Photography critiques where the discussion on my photo Stadhuis Antwerpen disappeared from Commons:Photography critiques without appearing on Commons:Photography critiques/February 2007. There were multiple properly signed comments inside this section.--Klaus with K 21:48, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
Where did User:Werdnabot go?Edit
No user page is getting really full! :-)
- Werdna hasn't been online lately. We're discussing WerdnaBot at Commons:Bots/Requests#Archival. We miss it... :-( maybe it would be most efficient if you used SieBot for it since it is already set to go -- but I'm not sure that the bugs have been fixed.
- Fred Chess 23:37, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for uploading presentation videos from Wikimania! This is a great step forward. Here are some problems:
- The very long filename File:2009082611 46-Einar Spetz-A story of love and hate How teachers a tupper secondary schools in Sweden use Wikipedia and what they think of the free encyclopedia.ogg is practically useless, and increases the risk of spelling errors ("a tupper" should be at upper). The filename should probably be "Wikimania 2009 Einar Spetz.ogg" and if the same speaker gave more than one presentation, just add one word (e.g. "schools") to the filename.
- For this 20 minute video, playback (using the Java applet) ends after about one minute. (Yes, I realize this could depend on my Java setup.)
- With vlc (under Linux) I can play the entire video, but the length is reported as 56:54 (56 minutes 54 seconds). At the beginning the timestamp jumps to 2:17, and at the end the timestamp stands at 23:02. Sound is silent until timestamp 5:03 or 2 minutes and 46 seconds into the video. The noise at 5:01 indicates the microphone was connected then. Perhaps a text should be added at the beginning, explaining that the video is silent for the first 2 minutes 46 secoonds.
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
|File:Wikipedia_is_racist.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Notification about possible deletionEdit
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.
Bot de-flagging notificationEdit
Hi Werdna, I'm writing to you because your bot Werdnabot (