- 1 Again
- 2 Photo Delete
- 3 FirstResponseTeamofAmerica
- 4 Mario Brunello's photos
- 5 The language
- 6 Copyvio?
- 7 Image deletions from Glasgow Science Festival page
- 8 File:Georgia Revolution FC Crest.pdf
- 9 Fichiers "Une ferme en T.R.O.P"
- 10 An opinion?
- 11 Can i upload New Photos with free copyright
- 12 POTY 2015
- 13 File:Duniya Na Mane, 1937.webm
- 14 A barnstar for you!
- 15 File:Varanasi ghats, Ganga river, India, 1899.webm
- 16 File:Talking Tom logo.jpg
- 17 File:La Souriante Madame Beudet.webm
- 18 File:Shazadi and Jewels of the Desert.webm
- 19 Undeletion requests
- 20 File:Prince-Ali-Al-Hussein.jpg
- 21 File:BeatBuddy.png
- 22 Regarding the image in the article
- 23 Google Cultural Institute
- 24 Block Warning
- 25 Answer of User talk:2003:4D:2C4E:5C59:D0E0:827A:5D0F:9EA8
Have they uploaded files "despite requests from editors not to do so, and despite their instructions"?
I just saw three in a row that I wasn't sure about which I tagged for attention. Their account was created less than four hours ago and their talk page here and on Wikipedia shows no previous warnings.
Mario Brunello's photosEdit
Hello, About the photos that I have submitted to you, I have received from the artist manager of Mr. Brunello the permission for the publication, as you can see. I have forwarded copy of the mail to you.
Gentile sig. Biondi, grazie del suo messaggio che abbiamo inoltrato al maestro Brunello. Per la pagina di Wikipedia può scegliere e scaricare le foto che trova al link http://www.amcmusic.com/artisti/general-management/mario-brunello/ Un cordiale saluto
Alessandra Zecchini Artist manager
ARTISTS MANAGEMENT COMPANY srl unipersonale P.za R. Simoni, 1E - 37122 Verona - Italy Tel. +39 045 8014041 Fax +39 045 8014980 firstname.lastname@example.org - www.amcmusic.com
- @Brunokito: Hi,
- The permission should come from Marco Caselli Nirmal, who is the copyright owner according to EXIF, and it needs to be for a free license, including commercial use. Please see COM:OTRS (or COM:OTRS/it in Italian) for the procedure. Regards, Yann (talk) 10:58, 27 January 2016 (UTC)
- ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2 Hi,
- Sorry, I don't speak Arabic either. But 1. don't remove FPX template. Only someone else voting for support can do it. 2. You confuse MB (megabytes) and Mpx (megapixels, there are articles in Arabic Wikipedia). The limit is 2 Mpx (1600 x 1250 pixels), not 2 MB. Regards, Yann (talk) 13:51, 27 January 2016 (UTC)
Image deletions from Glasgow Science Festival pageEdit
A number of images from the Glasgow Science Festival Wikipedia page were deleted. These images are owned by Glasgow Science Festival, of which I am an employee. I was tasked by the festival Director to upload these photographs, for which we own the copyright. Can you explain why these images have been removed? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Anyzaz (talk • contribs)
File:Georgia Revolution FC Crest.pdfEdit
Hi Yann. Would you mind checking File:Georgia Revolution FC Crest.pdf to see if it's the same as the previously deleted File:Crestpng.png and File:New Crest.jpg. I've posted about this the problems with such logos before on User talk:Eric.morrison1332#File:Crestpng.png, but the uploader did not respond. It could just be a case that they are unaware of how Commons works regarding non-free logos, but I'm not sure what else can be done to try and explain things to them. -- Marchjuly (talk) 02:01, 29 January 2016 (UTC)
- @Marchjuly: Hi,
- Yes, it's the same. Deleted, user warned. Regards, Yann (talk) 22:15, 29 January 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you for checking. -- Marchjuly (talk) 13:35, 30 January 2016 (UTC)
- Hi again Yann. Same uploader just added File:Ga Revs FC Crest.png. Not sure whether they simply do not understand the messages posted on their user talk or are just ignoring them. I left a message at en:User talk:Eric.morrison1332#Wikimedia Commons images in case they check that page more frequently, so they cannot claim to have not been informed. -- Marchjuly (talk) 01:35, 8 February 2016 (UTC)
Fichiers "Une ferme en T.R.O.P"Edit
Bonjour Yann, Yves Garric a retourné le formulaire d'autorisation avec accord pour les fichiers
j'ai demandé à Secondarywaltz qui a bloqué les fichiers à quel moment je pourrai les utiliser mais il a effacé ma demande : (Not to me. Undo revision 185932026 by Amage9 (talk)). Peux-tu me dire ce que je dois faire. Merci d'avance. Cordialement --Amage9 (talk) 21:55, 29 January 2016 (UTC)
Greetings Yann: I found  that page this morning when I had run out of time even to think. I see a pile of "self" images which cannot be, but can you imagine the size of the DN if I put them all on one? What do you suggest? Thanks! Ellin Beltz (talk) 16:53, 30 January 2016 (UTC)
- Hi, I don't see a lot of issues. Most files are correctly sourced and licensed for me. These are old files, so I think Commons is the source of most copies on the Internet. Regards, Yann (talk) 17:26, 30 January 2016 (UTC)
- Hi, we must be looking at different things. VFC shows these all as "self" but searching finds things like https://www.flickr.com/photos/27533207@N06/4462776453/ "all rights reserved" and then this image File:Habiru_head.jpg claimed self. The whole gallery seems shot through with problems like that. Yes I realize these are older images, but I don't think they're all free. Ellin Beltz (talk) 18:53, 31 January 2016 (UTC)
Can i upload New Photos with free copyrightEdit
- @Faranjuned: Hi,
- You can upload your own photos. For all content previously published or not directly created by you, a formal written permission is needed. Please see COM:OTRS for the procedure. Regards, Yann (talk) 18:42, 31 January 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Yann, as per the user's explanation, he innocently uploaded copyvio images (scanned copies/camera pics of already published images) AND HIS OWN IMAGES. His concern right now is (re)uploading second category of images and does not want to risk you blocking him. --Muzammil (talk) 18:17, 1 February 2016 (UTC)
Hello, ce film présente deux problèmes, il est incomplet et étiré. J'ai préparé une version meilleure, mais elle pèse près de 2GB. Comment puis-je l'uploader ? Cordialement, — Racconish ☎ 15:51, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Anti-Vandalism Barnstar|
|Thanks for your comment, I really did an unauthorized information, but Iranduba flag, which is a small town in Brazil was provided by the municipality itself in this custom format with your permission.|
Hello Yann, j'ai téléversé une meilleure version et constaté à cette occasion que ce film est présenté sur BFI comme étant un panorama ded ghats de Calcutta . Voir aussi . Je te laisse apprécier s'il convient d'en modifier la description ou non. Cordialement, — Racconish ☎ 09:56, 4 February 2016 (UTC)
- @Racconish: Salut,
- Merci. L'endroit a certainement beaucoup changé. C'est difficile de dire qui a raison. Je vais demander à d'autres. Cordialement, Yann (talk) 10:15, 4 February 2016 (UTC)
- Résolu : en:Wikipedia talk:Noticeboard_for India-related topics#File:Varanasi ghats, Ganga river, India, 1899.webm. Yann (talk) 00:25, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
|File:Talking Tom logo.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
- Si tu as mieux, vas-y. ;o) Yann (talk) 13:21, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- Il y a l'embarras du choix ! File:Farewell to Arms, 1932.ogv, par exemple. Mais ces danseuses ... . Cordialement, — Racconish ☎ 13:25, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- Ah, c'est les danseuses qui te gênent... Perso, je les trouve pas mal. ;o) Sérieusement, il semble que ce soit un groupe connu, et non simplement des amies qui se filment et mettent leur vidéo sur YT. On a déjà un film américain ce mois-ci, il faudrait varier. Cordialement, Yann (talk) 13:31, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- Il y a l'embarras du choix ! File:Farewell to Arms, 1932.ogv, par exemple. Mais ces danseuses ... . Cordialement, — Racconish ☎ 13:25, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- @ПОКА ТУТ: Hi,
- OK, but the issue here is not about undeletion of a page or a file. Regards, Yann (talk) 18:34, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- Category:Victims of Putinism doesn't exist because it was deleted by Butko. It looks like political censorship. Besides, please look here: https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Alexander_Litvinenko&curid=29608600&diff=186698914&oldid=183405380 — Николай (talk) 18:47, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
Not sure what else I need to do to have this image undeleted. The image is marked public domain, is from Prince Ali's Flickr account, and part of his "Stock Photos" album for anyone to use his provided images. The photos are part of his campaign to be the president of FIFA. They are in use and connected on his various sites: http://www.worldsgame.com/photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/aliforfifa/albums/72157662297220971 PeterWesco (talk) 22:39, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- @PeterWesco: Hi,
- There is no general agreement about these files. In this case, it is even more a problem since Prince Ali is not the photographer. May be you could ask on Flickr that the license should be changed to CC-0, or to get a permission via COM:OTRS. Regards, Yann (talk) 23:23, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- I will see if he responds to a message and ask him to change to CC-0. He may not be a photographer, but one can assume he paid for full rights to the photos as he is releasing them as "Stock Photos" to the press. Thanks for the response, I will let you know if he responds and if he updates to CC-0 PeterWesco (talk) 11:54, 6 February 2016 (UTC)
This is in response to my un-delete request for BeatBuddy— I am the creative director of the site who created the image in question. I actually realize that all our content on the site is Copyright as well: please visit http://mybeatbuddy.com/product/beatbuddy/, which has the image in question. That page, containing the image, has © 2016 BeatBuddy on the bottom. I respectfully request that I be allowed to re-upload that same image (I might change the licensing on it). You can email me at email@example.com for more info. I hereby swear that I am the originator and creator of this work. There is already our copyright on it, so Music Connection cannot legally appropriate their own copyright on it. Merci! --SumQuidnunc (talk) 17:03, 6 February 2016 (UTC)
- SumQuidnunc Hi,
- If not done already, please send the permission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Some volunteers will deal with the permission in the OTRS system, then the file can be restored. We are always understaffed, so it may take some time. Regards, Yann (talk) 18:23, 6 February 2016 (UTC)
Regarding the image in the articleEdit
Regarding the image in the article https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Цыбикова_Алла Please do not eliminate the image files Tsybikova paintings. This photos of paintings of the artist, unfortunately she died in 1998, and to resolve issues of copyright is difficult. All photos of paintings are freely available on the Russian segment of the Internet. In this article an attempt to collect a gallery the most famous works of the artist. It does not want to give external links.I hope for your understanding. Sorry for machine translation .Hello from Siberia — Preceding unsigned comment added by Doc1084 (talk • contribs) 14:18, 07 February 2016 (UTC)
- @Doc1084: Hi,
- For all content previously published or not directly created by you, a formal written permission is needed. Please see COM:OTRS for the procedure. See also about derivative works. You may find help in Russian in Commons:Форум. Regards, Yann (talk) 14:25, 7 February 2016 (UTC)
- @Doc1084: См. COM:PCP/ru. Sealle (talk) 19:01, 8 February 2016 (UTC)
Google Cultural InstituteEdit
Here are some nice pics. You said some time - on Chris page, that you want and will help uploading files. Some of them could be FPs om commons or Wiki. Have fun with it, Yann, nominate them... don't wait for me any more. It was nice meeting you. Hafspajen 15:03, 18 January 2016 (UTC).
- @Hafspajen: Hi,
- I will look at these, but it will take some time. Regards, Yann (talk) 20:27, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/asset-viewer/a-cottage-with-peasants-milking-goats/JQHIKD0OYw2vyw File:A cottage with peasants milking goats - Abraham Bloemaert - Google Cultural Institute.jpg
- https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/asset-viewer/le-nozze-di-cana/sAErPQVXy6D0DA File:Le nozze di Cana - Michele Damaskinos - Google Cultural Institute.jpg
- https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/asset-viewer/dragon-in-foliage-drawing-recto-calligraphy-verso/tAHYBdbE0E06kw File:Dragon in Foliage - Mir Sayyid Muhammad Naqqash - Google Cultural Institute.jpg
- https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/asset-viewer/the-bride-s-song/6QGeR_2idLHpyg File:The Bride's Song - Gunnar Berndtson - Google Cultural Institute.jpg
- https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/asset-viewer/monkeys-and-rabbits/iAF7sEQL3ljWaA File:Monkeys and Rabbits - Takeuchi Seiho - Google Cultural Institute.jpg
- https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/asset-viewer/the-hozu-river/DAG5T9NoLLfe1w File:The Hozu River - Seiho Takeuchi - Google Cultural Institute.jpg
- https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/asset-viewer/the-bruiser/aAFBacA0NP1Frw File:The Bruiser - William Hogarth - Google Cultural Institute.jpg
- https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/asset-viewer/the-harem/PgHzJq6pzxFucw File:The Harem - John Frederick Lewis - Google Cultural Institute.jpg
- https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/asset-viewer/screen-of-wisteria-and-morning-glory-with-dogs/7QGxUoBjPXBpWA File:Screen of wisteria and morning glory with dogs - Takeuchi Seiho - Google Cultural Institute.jpg
- https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/asset-viewer/foxes-and-raccoon-dog/7AEPrNsRBR9DFw File:Foxes and Raccoon Dog - Seiho Takeuchi - Google Cultural Institute.jpg
HARES RABBIT RABBIT RABBITEdit
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Alois_Sch%C3%B6nn_Tiroler_Wallfahrer.jpg?uselang=de https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alois_Sch%C3%B6nn https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Alois_Sch%C3%B6nn_-_Die_Ankunft_der_Braut_%281870%29.jpg?uselang=de https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Stone_lanterns_in_Japan#/media/File:Chuuoo_koominkan4.JPG https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hachimangu_peony_garden_kamakura.jpg
Thanks for the warning, I won't upload anything from now on (even if it's not copyrighted). As for the last two deleted uploads, File:Messi Copa America 2015 MVP.jpg and File:Camp nou mes que un club.jpg. It's stated on flickr, the first under Attribution license: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nazionalecalcio/19458632072 why was it deleted? the second is under Attribution-NoDerivs, and I didn't know that NoDerivs is prohibited here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/findfado/4755574199/. Plus I uploaded them all in once, meaning the requests came after all uploads, all in 28 January not one after the other and I saw them only two days ago including yours, I rarely come to commons, so I didn't ignore the requests on purpose.
Another thing, just to make sure I avoid the block you told, is these images in the links below, illegal to upload just in the concerned article FC Barcelona?
The 10 logos here: http://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/identity/detail/card/the-crest The last photo (Joan Gamper) here: http://arxiu.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/club/historia/etapes_historia/etapa_1.html
- Please do not tag redirects as speedy. Other projects, including those using InstantCommons, might be using the file even though they don't show up in the global usage. Deleting the redirects would break their file references.