More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
Secondary school pictureEdit
Yngvadottir, Changing the caption I added a previous photo again. Please accept it in external link along with other photos.
- Oh dear. Professor Mohammad Abdullah, the problem isn't with the caption, it's with your claim to own the rights to the photo. You clearly weren't the person who clicked the shutter, and that looks like the work of a commercial photographer, in which case either that person or the company they worked for would own the copyright. Commons only accepts images that anyone can reuse in any way; if you don't own the copyright, you can't legally give that permission. (See Commons:Licensing.) That's why I nominated the earlier version, File:Secondary.jpg, for deletion. I'm going to have to nominate this one for deletion, too. If you believe you do own the rights, please go to the discussion that will be linked from the notification on your talk page, and explain. Yngvadottir (talk) 16:17, 16 March 2019 (UTC)
Dear Yngvadottir, all other pictures used in the external links were taken by any photographer or someone else (not any of us; see his photo with inlaws). Most important thing is whether the person we talked about is seen there in the photo or not. My father had the negative roll of it I made a print out in a color lab. So kindly keep it . In support of the photo I am posting some documents here. These will make you feel my version convincing. (Professor Mohammad Abdullah (talk) 23:42, 16 March 2019 (UTC))
Dear Yngvadottir, If you go through these certificates you may get the authenticity to the photo... without the person's (my father mohammad Abdullah) consent the photo would have not been taken by, and when we know prominently of how the person looks at and what his identity was, there should not be any doubt of why he had posed for the photo that time, obviously he has every right to print it out as his own document/record. I feel he has the authority to use it wherever he wants. As a daughter I am carrying his legacy. Please no deletion is requested in support of. Thanks. (Professor Mohammad Abdullah (talk) 00:06, 17 March 2019 (UTC))