Wayne Scott Ray is a Canadian poet and photographer active in Canadian poetry circles and organizations. He has had 6 gallery shows in London Ontario in the late 1990's.
Although born in Alabama, Ray grew up in Canada (on List of communities in Newfoundland and LabradorErnest Harmon Air Force Base and became a Canadian citizen in 1978. A retired postal worker by trade, Ray began writing poetry in his late teens. He has published 15 books of poetry and non-fiction. His work has been included in anthologies and he was awarded the Editors Prize for Best Poet Published in 1989 by Canadian Author and Bookman.
His photography has been used in journals and newspapers and had 6 gallery shows between 1996 and 2006.
External Published PhotosEdit
Also active in organizing, Ray is was a founding member of the Canadian Poetry Association in 1985 and was Secretary/Treasurer of the Toronto chapter (1985–88) and the London, Ontario chapter (1992-1999), and National Coordinator. He was co-chairman of the League of Canadian Poets: Associates (Toronto) for 1985/86, was instrumental in helping establish the London (Ontario) Arts Council and was the 1999 President of the London New Arts Festival.
Contact him on his USER Page
- Image names end in WPC for Windfield Horticultural Photographic Collection
Buildings and ParksEdit
E.P. Taylor Windfields Estate 1974-1978Edit
Victoria Park, London OntarioEdit
- Category:Victoria Park, London, Ontario
- Category:Victoria Park Boer War Memorial
- Category:Remembrance Day, 2014, London, Ontario
- Category:Veterans' Garden
- Category:Bowles Building
- Category:Dominion Public Building (London, Ontario)
- Category:Joseph Berman house
- Category:Donald Early house
- Category:Walker house 1812 North York
Photo collage and Photo poemsEdit
Vietnam War Memorial: Looking Back 1998 (photo collage)
Long range mountainsEdit
- Category:Lake George, New Brunswick
- Category:McAdam, New Brunswick
- Category:Gros Morne National Park
Photos by Wayne Ray and Lt. Colonel Claxton Ray 1916-1989Edit
- Category:Ernest Harmon Air Force Base
- Category:Ray's Trailer Park later Bayview Motel 1953-1965
- Category:Newfoundland and Labrador Route 460 Hanson Highway
- List of communities in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Lineville, Alabama
- Ashland, Alabama
- Anyang, South Korea
- United States Forces Korea
- User:WayneRay - Wayne Ray's user page on Wikimedia Commons.