Zamek Królewski w Warszawie

HistoryEdit

15th centuryEdit

16th centuryEdit

17th centuryEdit

Vasa periodEdit

Marble RoomEdit

The Marble Room was adorned with the so-called Jagiellon Family, a collection of 22 octagonal effigies, painted by Peeter Danckers de Rij between 1640-1643.

FurnishingsEdit

Majority of the preserved castle furnishings from the Vasa period found its place in the collection of the Visitationist Monastery in Warsaw as donations of the last Vasa, John II Casimir and his wife Marie Louise Gonzaga.

Sobieski periodEdit

18th centuryEdit

Saxon periodEdit

Stanisław Augustus periodEdit

19th centuryEdit

20th centuryEdit

DestructionEdit

On September 17, 1939 (date of the Soviet invasion of Poland) the Castle was shelled by German artillery. In 1944, after the collapse of the Warsaw Uprising, the Germans blew up the Castle’s demolished walls.

September 17, 1939Edit
1940-1944Edit
1945Edit

TodayEdit

ExteriorEdit

OwervievEdit

Sigismund's TowerEdit

Courtyard and Władysław's TowerEdit

Eastern facadeEdit

Kubicki ArcadesEdit

Copper-Roof PalaceEdit

InteriorEdit

CollectionsEdit

Wartime lossesEdit

PaintingEdit

Lanckoroński CollectionEdit
Paintings in the Canaletto RoomEdit
Paintings in the Great AntechamberEdit
Stockholm RollEdit

Entry of the Wedding Procession of Constance of Austria and Sigismund III into Cracow, so-called Stockholm Roll, 1605.

SculptureEdit

TextilesEdit

Last modified on 23 April 2014, at 18:07