Non parlo inglese, usate un traduttore.
Un utente, Michele Bassi, copia le foto da internet e le spaccia per sue, osando pure mettere il pubblico dominio sulle foto NON SUE che carica. Ricicla anche da Google Maps (streetview) senza avere il buon senso di citarne l'origine, ma sempre inventando che sono foto sue (e mettendo il pubblico dominio). Bloccate la sua utenza, bloccate il suo IP, cancellate TUTTI i suoi contributi. 184.108.40.206 21:51, 13 May 2015 (UTC)
Migration to new translation systemEdit
Maybe migrate this page into translation extension? This will simplify the centralized maintenance of all language versions, it will be easier to add new translations and all versions will be generally synchronous. Current scheme with localized page names will be saved.
Proposed next migration schemeEdit
- Template:Main Page Template remains as "design skeleton"
- Template:Main Page is created as page marked for translations (with wiki-code from current Main Page; added link "translate this page")
- All exist translations is migrated into "Template:Main Page/<langcode>"
- Main Page and his translations with localised pagenames is changed to simple transcluding of "Template:Main Page/<langcode>"
- Current language versions moved into "Template:Main Page/<langcode>" names; new templates immediately transcluded in old pagenames (no changes at the user's look )
- Created "Template:Main Page" as base for translations (based on Template:Main Page Template; added translation markup)
- "Main Page" moved to "Template:Main Page/en" and it transcluded in the "Main Page" (no changes at the user's look )
- needed admin rights
- "Template:Main Page" is marked as available for translations; after this all language versions temporarily become in English language (until to migration of translations)
- For each translated page executes a migration (import) the old translation (through Special:PageMigration)
Questions & Known problemsEdit
- What page should be assigned with current Main Page edit history? New base Main Page or "Template:Main Page" or "Template:Main Page/en" ?
- Some mainpages like to add individual notices/style.
- Oppose. Some mainpages like to add individual notices/style. And it is also a problem with all the individual protections. And it is creating /subpages like /de /fr but mainpages have a own naming here on commons, like /de = Hauptseite. Not a good idea imho. --Steinsplitter (talk) 10:23, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
- Steinsplitter, thanks for feedback!
- "individual notices/style" - not a problem, but a task ;) Added in list above for next researches. --Kaganer (talk) 00:16, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
- "problem with all the individual protections" - please explanation for me. Any example? --Kaganer (talk) 00:16, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
- By my proposal, in new scheme Hauptseite is saved as German-language main page, but his content is replaced into transcluding "Template:Main Page/de". See these same way in Meta-wiki (still without extension). If some individual page is very different, and language community is very much against migration, this page is saved "as is", with "old style". It's very simple.--Kaganer (talk) 00:08, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
- Steinsplitter, thanks for feedback!
- And the Translate extension has a lot of bugs (including a lag)... Should not be used on the MainPage. --Steinsplitter (talk) 10:32, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
Category list on main page?Edit
I do not see a reason or need for a category list at the bottom of the page. It looks awkward since other sister projects like Wikipedia, do not have the categories listed at the bottom of the main page. I think that a administrator should remove the categories at the bottom of the Wikimedia Commons main page. Thank you in advance. Doorknob 747 (talk) 13:44, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
Permission to Change PictureEdit
Do I have The Permission to Change a Picture if Not How Do i Get Permission to do so
Request for announcing Wiki Loves Food photo contestEdit
Following is the announcement text:
[[File:Wlf logo 2015.png|100px|right]] <div style="margin-left: 0.3em; padding-right: 0.6em; line-height: 1.5; color: #000; font-size: 1.6em"> '''[[Commons:Wiki Loves Food|Wiki Loves Food]]''', a photo contest of taking photos of Indian Cuisine, takes place in May - June 2015.</div>
- No, please, I recall this being discussed before – "Wiki Loves Food" in its current state is a contest that only a very small portion of our users (with cameras) can participate in, and as such simply shouldn't be announced on our global main page (maybe in a geo-specific sitenotice or on Indian-language main pages instead). 11:59, 17 May 2015 (UTC)