More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images uploaded to Commons should be useful to all users of Wikimedia projects. This is possible only if the images can be found by other people.
To allow others to find the images you uploaded here, the images should be in some place that can be found by navigating the category structure. This means that you should put the images into appropriate topic pages, categories, optionally galleries, or both of them (see Commons:Categories). To find good categories for your images, the CommonSense tool may help.
You can find a convenient overview of your uploaded files in this gallery.
The important point is that the images should be placed in the general structure somewhere. There are a large number of completely unsorted images on Commons right now. If you would like to help to place some of those images where they can be found, please do!
- Image:WikiMedia CB1 File.png is uncategorized since 25 November 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 21:40, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Type ii nuclear receptor action.png is uncategorized since 1 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:42, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Grrr.png is uncategorized since 3 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:42, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:1PEU R1E.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:DNA Ligase 3OLN.pdb.png was uncategorized on 8 November 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Rhamnolipid.png was uncategorized on 20 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:27, 21 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Rhamnolipid.tif was uncategorized on 20 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:27, 21 November 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images and other files on Commons must be under a free license and should be useful to the Wikimedia projects. To allow others to use your files, some additional information must be given on the description page. Most importantly:
- Describe what it is about in a short sentence. (What does the image show?)
- State the author and the date of creation. If you made it yourself, say so explicitly. If it is from another Wikimedia user, link to the person's local user page. Best to use CommonsHelper.
- If you did not create the file yourself, state the source you got it from.
- Add a copyright tag - images without an appropriate license tag will be deleted.
- Add the image to one or more gallery pages and/or appropriate categories, so it can be found by others. To find out where an image belongs, you can use CommonsSense.
If you copied the file from another wiki, please copy all information given there and say who uploaded it to that wiki. Use CommonsHelper.
You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file.
Please add as much information as possible. If there is not sufficient information, the file may have to be deleted. For more information, follow the Commons:First steps guide. If you need help or have questions, please ask at the Help desk.
Hello Boghog2, I noticed that you overwrote this image with a different version. Many of my images are used in more than one project and are drawn the way they are on purpose (e.g. black/white only). I will draw a corrected version and overwrite the image myself. Regards, --NEUROtiker ⇌ 15:28, 31 May 2009 (UTC)