|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing imagesEdit
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Sir Frank Worrell, Sir Clyde Walcott, and Sir Everton Weekes - The 3Ws (Kensington stands), Barbados.jpg was uncategorized on 1 December 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
- Image:File-Heroes Square, Bridgetown (2000).jpg was uncategorized on 2 December 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 3 December 2009 (UTC)
If I remember correctly, I believe I unlinked these so as to speed up their deletion (as duplicates?) and- to decrease their chance of being added to articles and possibly being thought as needing to be retained. CaribDigita (talk) 14:42, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. ZooFari 23:02, 17 December 2010 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 14:40, 21 August 2011 (UTC)
Careful with HotCat!Edit
Hey, just wanted to let you know - you might want to be a tad more careful with HotCat. I've had to undo three edits you made today - File:Commuter train at Porter 2.JPG and File:Wellington MBTA aerial view.JPG were already in subcategories of the category you added, while you added File:Fitchburg Line train in Cambridge.JPG to Category:Inner Belt which wasn't quite what you thought it was. Thanks, Pi.1415926535 (talk) 01:27, 4 June 2013 (UTC)