Category:Chatham wireless station
English: The Chatham wireless station was built in Chatham, Cape Cod, Massachusetts in 1914 for WCC to replace the older WCC site at South Wellfleet. The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1994 as the Marconi-RCA Wireless Receiving Station and includes a main Operations Building now known as the Chatham Marconi Maritime Center, some utility buildings, and employee residences, one of which is known as the Hotel Nautilus. It has been owned by Marconi, RCA, the U.S. government, RCA again, Western Union International (MCI Communications), then the town of Chatham since 1998. Amateur station WA1WCC operates from the Maritime Center building.
This is a category about a place or building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States of America. Its reference number is
|Instance of||historic district|
|Heritage designation|| |
Media in category "Chatham wireless station"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Base of the Marconi-RCA Wireless Receiving Station Antenna.jpg 3,072 × 2,048; 3.1 MB
- Hotel Nautilus 2012.jpg 3,008 × 2,008; 2.22 MB
- Hotel Nautilus NRHP historic sign 2012.jpg 3,008 × 2,008; 3.27 MB
- Marconi-RCA Wireless Receiving Station.jpg 3,008 × 2,008; 3.29 MB