Christopher Park, located in Sheridan Square in the triangle formed by Christopher, Grove and West 4th Streets in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, was created on April 5, 1837 after the city condemned property which had been destroyed by fire two years earlier. A statue of General Philip Sheridan by Jospeh P. Pollia was installed in 1936.
A restoration of the park was undertaken by the Friends of Christopher Park beginning in 1983, supervised by the landscape architect Paul Winslow, and costing $130,000. The park re-opened in 1986. In 1992 George Segal's statue Gay Liberation was installed in the park. (Source: "Christopher Park" on the NYC Department of Parks & Recreation website)
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Christopher Park"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Christopher Park (1).JPG 1,024 × 685; 499 KB
- Christopher Park entrance.jpg 2,932 × 2,195; 2.66 MB
- Christopher Park Gay Liberation monument and Pulse memorial 8.jpg 4,295 × 3,438; 6.47 MB
- Christopher Park, New York City (2014) 01.JPG 3,000 × 4,000; 3.05 MB
- ChristopherPark3358.jpg 1,024 × 768; 410 KB
- ChristopherPark3359.JPG 1,024 × 768; 408 KB