Category:Church of St. Mary the Virgin (Manhattan)
The Church of St. Mary the Virgin at 139 West 46th Street between Sixth and Seventh Avenues in the Times Square area of Manhattan, New York City is an Episcopal church built in 1894-95 and designed by Pierre LeBrun of Napoleon LeBrun & Sons in the French Gothic Revival style. It was the first church in the world built on a concealed steel skeleton. The architectural sculptures are by J. Massey Rhind. In 1996-97 the church was restored by J. Lawrence Jones & Associates. (Sources: From Abyssinian to Zion (2004) and AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.))
Media in category "Church of St. Mary the Virgin (Manhattan)"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- St Mary Virgin.jpg 107 KB