Category:Dorrance Hamilton Hall
The University of the Arts' Dorrance Hamilton Hall at 320 S. Broad Street at the corner of Pine Street and running west to S. 15th Street and north to Delancey Street, in the Avenue of the Arts cultural district of Center City, Philadelphia, was built in 1924-26 for the Pennsylvania Institution for the Deaf and Dumb, and was designed by John Haviland in the Greek Revival style. In 1838, William Strickland added wings to the building to the north and south of Haviland's original structure, then, in 1875, Frank Furness designed two Victorian Gothic wings that connected the building to 15th Street. The building was purchased by the Pennsylvania Museum and School of Industrial Art in 1893, and this institution eventually became the University of the Arts. It is the oldest extant building on Broad Street. (Source: "Dorrance Hamilton Hall" on the University website)
This is a category about a place or building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States of America. Its reference number is
Media in category "Dorrance Hamilton Hall"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Annual report of the Philadelphia Museum of Art (1891) (14740640336).jpg 2,032 × 2,896; 1.17 MB
- Annual report of the Philadelphia Museum of Art (1891) (14761239244).jpg 3,320 × 1,888; 733 KB
- Annual report of the Philadelphia Museum of Art (1900) (14778528231).jpg 1,484 × 1,436; 613 KB
- Annual report of the Philadelphia Museum of Art (1900) (14778542741).jpg 3,264 × 2,126; 2.06 MB
- PMSIA 1880.jpg 1,024 × 827; 142 KB
- University of the Arts Dorrance Hamilton Hall.jpg 3,049 × 1,645; 1.03 MB