English: The Dyckman House, now known as the Dyckman Farmhouse Museum, is the oldest remaining farmhouse on Manhattan island, a reminder of New York City's rural past. The Dutch Colonial-style farmhouse was built by William Dyckman, circa 1785, and was originally part of over 250 acres (100 ha) of farmland owned by the family. It is now located in a small park at the corner of Broadway and 204th Street in the Inwood neighborhood of the city. It was restored in 1915-16 under the supervision of architect Alexander M. Welch, and given to New York City for use as a museum.
Media in category "Dyckman House"
The following 42 files are in this category, out of 42 total.
- Dyckman House 2007.jpg 1.15 MB
- Dyckman House Bwy cloudy jeh.jpg 1.06 MB
- Dyckman House Bwy jeh.JPG 1,023 KB
- Dyckman House from east.jpg 3.06 MB
- Dyckman House from west.jpg 4.53 MB
- Dyckman House front porch.jpg 3.65 MB
- Dyckman House HABS.jpg 67 KB
- Dyckman House rear porch.jpg 4.18 MB
- Dyckman House rear.jpg 4.86 MB