Esher is bisected by the A307, traditional Portsmouth Road which for approximately 1 mile (1.6 km) forms its high street. Esher railway station (served by the South West Main Line) connects the town to London Waterloo. Sandown Park Racecourse is in the town near the station.In the south, Claremont Landscape Garden owned and managed by the National Trust belonged to the British home to Princess Charlotte and her husband Leopold I of Belgium. Accordingly the town was selected to have a fountain by Queen Victoria and has an adjacent Diamond Jubilee column embossed with a relief of the monarch topped by a statue of Britannia. Unite, the union, train representatives at its Esher Place centre and the town has the offices of Elmbridge Borough Council in its high street.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Buildings in Esher (4 C, 2 F)
- ► Downside, Elmbridge (25 F)
- ► Hinchley Wood (2 C, 6 F)
- ► Molesey (5 C, 9 F)
- ► Oxshott (1 C, 22 F)
- ► Pronunciation of Esher (1 F)
- ► Sandown Park Racecourse (1 C, 175 F)
- ► Thames Ditton (7 C, 34 F)
- ► Volksworld Show (64 F)
- ► Weston Green (2 C, 9 F)
Media in category "Esher"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Claremont - panoramio.jpg 622 KB