English: Gluten is a protein found in wheat and related grains, which provides elasticity in bread. A significant portion of the population have an allergic reaction to the protein, which has prompted the production of gluten-free food products. The protein is conversely used as a substitute for animal protein in some vegan foods, and has been consumed historically in Asia as seitan. Bakers will add extra gluten to bread, or use high-gluten wheat, for some products, to improve their texture.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Media in category "Gluten"
The following 16 files are in this category, out of 16 total.
- Baked spongy gluten.JPG 233 KB
- Dehnungsprobe-Weizenkleber.jpg 1.56 MB
- Fried gluten balls.jpg 2.09 MB
- Gluten digestion.PNG 17 KB
- Gluten Sources.png 382 KB
- GT Gluten.ogg 16 KB
- Japanese Wheat gluten Fu.JPG 7.25 MB
- Nl-gluten.ogg 17 KB
- Pan de Gluten.JPG 116 KB
- Que es el gluten.jpg 107 KB
- Tepatzi.png 208 KB