Category:John Rankin House
The John Rankin House at 440 Clinton Street at the corner of Carroll Street in the Carroll Gardens neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City was built in 1840 in the Greek Revival style, at which time it stood by itself, surrounded by farmland and overlooking Upper New York Bay. Rankin was a merchant, and the mansion, one of the finest Greek Revival houses in the city, was one of the largest residences in Brooklyn in the 1840s. It was designated a New York City landmark in 1970, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. Currently it is the F. G. Guido Funeral Home. (Sources: AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.), Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.) and "John Rankin House Designation Report")
Media in category "John Rankin House"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.