English: In 1875-6, Tissot met an Irish divorcee named Mrs. Kathleen Newton, who became the painter's companion and frequent model. Newton gave birth to a son, Cecil George Newton in 1876, who is believed to be Tissot's son. She moved into Tissot's household in St. John's Wood in 1876 and stayed there until her death in the late stages of consumption in 1882.
Media in category "Kathleen Newton"
The following 25 files are in this category, out of 25 total.
- Chrysanths Tissot.jpg 73 KB
- James Tissot - Holyday.jpg 499 KB
- James Tissot - July.jpg 367 KB
- James Tissot - October.jpg 1.44 MB
- James Tissot - Orphan.jpg 559 KB
- James Tissot - Seaside.jpg 632 KB
- Tissot and Newton.jpg 182 KB
- Tissot Garden Bench.jpg 948 KB
- Tissot Mersey.jpg 3.47 MB
- Tissot MN.jpg 172 KB
- Tissot Newton Parasol.jpg 243 KB
- Tissot Traveling Coat2.jpg 380 KB
- Tissot Victoria Station.jpg 484 KB