Category:Maryland Federalist (ship, 1987)
replica ship built in 1987
|Location of final assembly|
- Type: Replica of the miniature ship Federalist which was built in 1788 and given to George Washington by the merchants of Baltimore
- Design by: Melbourne Smith
- Built by: Allen C. Rawl
- Keel laid: 1987
- Launch date:
- Length over all: 15 feet (4.6 m)
- Beam: 5 feet (1.5 m)
- Sail area: 132 sq ft (12.3 m2)
- Flag: United States
- Maryland Federalist was built with private funds raised by the Maryland Federalist Foundation. She was designed by Melbourne Smith and built by Allen C. Rawl. The ship is rigged with seven sails to commemorate Maryland's place as the seventh state to ratify the United States Constitution. She is painted in the colors of the flag of Maryland (red, white, black, and gold) and decorated with other state symbols. The Maryland Federalist Foundation gave the ship to the Maryland State Archives on July 1, 1988, and she is displayed at BWI Airport or in the Maryland State House.
Media in category "Maryland Federalist (ship, 1987)"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Maryland Federalist bow detail 2011-06-25.jpg 2,796 × 2,092; 3.74 MB
- Maryland Federalist starboard 2011-06-25.jpg 3,072 × 2,304; 5.39 MB
- Maryland Federalist starboard bow 2011-06-25.jpg 2,046 × 2,922; 5.05 MB
- Maryland Federalist stern 2011-06-25.jpg 1,884 × 3,072; 5.08 MB
- Maryland Federalist transom 2011-06-25.jpg 2,940 × 2,193; 4.17 MB