Category:New York Cancer Hospital
English: The New York Cancer Hospital in the Upper West Side of Manhattan, New York City was a cancer treatment and research institution founded in 1884. Located at 455 Central Park West between West 105th and 106th Streets, it was built between 1884 to 1886 with additions made between 1889 and 1890, and was designed by Charles Coolidge Haight in the Late Gothic and French Chateau styles – inspired by the chateaux of the Loire Valley. It was the first hospital in the United States dedicated specifically for the treatment of cancer, and the second in the world after the London Cancer Hospital. Around 1955, the hospital became Towers Nursing Home, and the building began its decline. It was designated a New York City landmark in 1976, was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977, and was converted into luxury condominium apartments in 2001-05 designed by Perkins Eastman Architects.
Media in category "New York Cancer Hospital"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.