Open main menu
English: Robert Allerton Park is a park, nature center, and conference center in Willow Branch Township, Piatt County, Illinois, about 4.2 miles (6.8 km) south-southwest of Monticello, Illinois. It was the country estate of Robert Allerton, known as The Farms, until 1942 when he donated it to the University of Illinois, which still owns and operates the park, 23 miles (37 km) south-southwest of the Urbana-Champaign campus. The Sangamon River runs through the park. Much of the park is on the National Register of Historic Places as Robert Allerton Estate, and most of the rest is a National Natural Landmark named the Allerton Natural Area.
Object location39° 59′ 30″ N, 88° 39′ 00″ W Kartographer map based on OpenStreetMap.View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth - Proximityramainfo
Robert Allerton Park 
historic and wilderness area in Piatt County, Illinois
Allerton House (The Farm).jpg
Upload media
Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg  Wikipedia
Instance ofpark,
botanical garden
Location Willow Branch Township, Piatt County, Illinois
Owned by
Heritage designation
  • place listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP district)
39° 59′ 52.8″ N, 88° 39′ 00″ W
Authority control
Blue pencil.svg
Parque Robert Allerton (es); פארק אלרטון (he); Robert Allerton Park (en) historic and wilderness area in Piatt County, Illinois (en); متنزه في الولايات المتحدة الأمريكية (ar); Park in den Vereinigten Staaten (de); park in de Verenigde Staten (nl) Robert Allerton Estate, The Farms, Allerton Park, Allerton Park and Retreat Center (en)

Subcategories

This category has only the following subcategory.

Media in category "Robert Allerton Park"

The following 23 files are in this category, out of 23 total.