Category:Santa Monica Mountains in Los Angeles
English: The eastern section of the Santa Monica Mountains, surrounded by the City of Los Angeles and urban central Los Angeles County, in Southern California.
- For the rest of the mountain range, located in rural western Los Angeles County and southeastern Ventura County, see Category: Santa Monica Mountains.
- The three 'Los Angeles' sections in the eastern Santa Monica Mountains range are:
- The western L.A. section includes: many regional parks accessible from the San Fernando Valley, the Westside, or Mulholland Drive; and the Getty Center and Skirball Museum along Sepulveda Pass which crosses the range.
- The central L.A. section includes: the popularly known Hollywood Hills — with primarily residential areas rising from the Sunset Strip (on west), Hollywood, and the Los Feliz district (on east); with parks higher above along Mulholland Drive and several canyons (north and south sides); and with the Hollywood Bowl near Cahuenga Pass which crosses the range.
- The eastern L.A. section includes: Griffith Park, with the Hollywood Sign and Griffith Observatory; the Silverlake district; and the range's eastern terminus at Elysian Park and Dodger Stadium.
- For all the Santa Monica Mountain range's features, parks, and natural history, see: Category: Santa Monica Mountains and Category: Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► American Jewish University (7 F)
- ► Elysian Park (2 C, 27 F)
- ► Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles (9 C, 35 F)
- ► Runyon Canyon Park (14 F)
- ► Will Rogers State Historic Park (13 F)
Media in category "Santa Monica Mountains in Los Angeles"
The following 64 files are in this category, out of 64 total.