Thekkinkadu Maidan (Malayalam: സ്വരാജ് റൗണ്ട്) is situated in the middle of Thrissur city of Kerala state in India. This 65-acre (260,000 m2) hillock which seats the Vadakkumnathan Temple, is oval shaped open ground: It hosts the pectacular cultural festival Thrissur Pooram. Thekkinkadu Maidan, at the heart of Thrissur city, was constructed by the King of Cochin, Rama Varma Sakthan Thampuran, after destroying the forest around the Vadakkumnatha Temple despite the resistance of Brahmin priests and other orthodox section of people. The whole of the city branches from Thekkinkadu Maidan through nine roads. These roads further form junctions to make the spread of the city a circular one. Encircling the Thekkinkadu Maidan, Swaraj Round surrounds the small hillock on which the Vadakkunnathan Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva is built.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Thekkinkadu Maidan"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Graffity in the making...(On a wall at Thrissur) CIMG9868.JPG 3,648 × 2,736; 4.61 MB
- Graffity in the making...(On a wall at Thrissur) CIMG9873.jpg 3,540 × 2,654; 2.29 MB
- Skyline of Thrissur city as viewed from Thekkinkadu Maidan.jpg 2,048 × 1,536; 580 KB
- Thekkinkadu Maidan and mo road.JPG 4,912 × 1,080; 1.18 MB
- Thekkinkadu Maidan.JPG 4,912 × 1,080; 1.87 MB
- Thekkinkadu Maithanam.jpg 2,048 × 1,536; 1.78 MB
- Thekkinkadu.JPG 4,912 × 1,080; 1.64 MB
- Thrissur Trichur Round-1.jpg 2,592 × 1,944; 1.62 MB
- Thrissur Trichur Round-2.jpg 2,592 × 1,944; 1.61 MB
- Thrissur Trichur Round-3.jpg 2,592 × 1,944; 1.06 MB
- നായ്ക്കൻ-ആൽ-തൃശ്ശൂർ.jpg 2,504 × 1,903; 1.49 MB