Category:Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse
The Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse located at 40 Centre Street at Pearl Street, on Foley Square in the Civic Center district of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1933-36 as the Foley Square Courthouse and was designed by Cass Gilbert and Cass Gilbert Jr. to feature a colonnade of Corinthian columns. It was the elder Gilbert's last design. In 2001, the building was renamed after Thurgood Marshall, who sat there on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals before being appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court. (Source: AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.)
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse"
The following 24 files are in this category, out of 24 total.
- Courthouses on Foley Square.jpg 1.46 MB
- Marshal courthouse jeh.JPG 1.61 MB
- Marshall-courthouse1.jpg 831 KB
- StAndrewNewYork.JPG 888 KB
- US Courthouse.JPG 2.61 MB
- WTM sheila 0036.jpg 118 KB
- WTM3 NYU FC 0023.jpg 494 KB
- WTM3 NYU FC 0024.jpg 1.22 MB
- WTM3 NYU FC 0025.jpg 1.29 MB
- WTM3 NYU FC 0027.jpg 1.08 MB
- WTM3 NYU FC 0028.jpg 948 KB