Commons:Photo challenge/2015 - March - Black and White
2015 – March - Black and White
The new March challenge Black and White is for black & white photography (not a colour photo of a black & white subject).
Ideally, each submission should contain a summary description of the subject in the file information, including the location of the subject, and relevant categories should be added to the files to enable other Commons users to find them and use them. Please take care not to violate copyright in respect of non-free creative works, and observe our educational project scope and the personality rights of identifiable people, or your files may be subject to deletion.
The challenge will remain open for submissions throughout March UTC.
Checklist for this theme:
- Photographs must be the work of the nominator.
- Photographs must be newly uploaded to Commons during the challenge submission period i.e. March 2015 UTC.
- Submissions must be added to the top of the Entries section below.
- Please do not nominate lots of similar photos; instead choose just your best and most varied images.
- Restriction: The photos must be taken in March 2015 and a maximum of three entries can be submitted per photographer.
This challenge has already ended. ( )
A White Egret, hunting for food at a restored lake in the city of Bengaluru (India). The "Kaikondrahalli" Lake is located in a busy sub-urban area of Bengaluru, amidst noise of immense traffic and construction sites; this lake provides a small patch of eco-friendly habitat suitable for a number of water birds found in this region. Most frequently spotted are kites, storks, egrets, ducks and many more